• The KillerFrogs

Zach Allen QB from Temple TX

SnoSki

None of that explains to me why we should take a QB that doesnt have the talent to be anything more than an emergency QB.

It's because in all likelihood we won't be able to get a top-level QB in this class. The best they can do is a lower level guy.. so maybe they should pass on a qb?

I mean, if an elite QB prospect wants to commit to us, then go ahead. I just think that we've missed on a handful of those already in 2013 because they see the depth chart.

westoverhillbilly

I can't remember where Tre was in regard to recruiting when we picked him up 2 years ago? Did we go after him as an athlete and a qb? As I recall, it was between us and UTEP, but for that matter, so was Andy Dalton and look how he turned out...

SnoSki

This guy seems to have really solid technique on his throws. Steps up into the pocket when needed and not afraid to scramble for a few yards either. Pretty good thrower on the roll out as well. Hope we can close on him!

chee

QB's are the best athelets on most teams. DKR used to take 15 or more each year. Keeps your opponent from getting them.

notyalc

Wow. really impressive arm and an excellent runner to boot. Love his decision making. This kid would be fantastic as a frog. Temple has problems at the center position.

TCURiggs

Twitter updates:

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
Jeremy Clark ‏@JClarkHFB[/background]
#TCU offered Temple, TX QB Zach Allen on Wednesday night, he visited on Friday and decided to make the switch that night.#HornedFrogs[/background]

David Smoak ‏@DavidSmoak[/background]
Temple HS football coach Mike Spradlin just told me @ZachAllen_12has changed his mind and he will attend TCU, a switch from Syracuse.[/background]