• The KillerFrogs

Zach Allen QB from Temple TX

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
decides to stay with Syracuse commit and enroll early.

TCU coaches made a strong last minute push to sway him after the SU coaching change.

HFrog1999

cinemagraph-losthighway.gif

DangerFrog

Why anyone from Texas would want to play college football at Syracuse instead of TCU is beyond me.
Matthews. When would he play? Assuming this is his class. Next year he redshirts and still has 4 years, Pachall plays, Matthews loses a year and has 3. The next year, Matthews starts, Allen loses another year, 3 and 2. He'd only get one year to start, assuming he can't beat out Matthews.

berryfrog95

His offer sheet or interest didn't indicate us as a choice anyway or an offer from us....
Wasn't that impressive offer sheet...not worried

Planks

Our QB recruiting desperately needs to get going. Almost two years now since our last QB commitment, and that was Aune who isn't on the team.

pgdaly84

Unless you count Tyler Matthews.

And you definitely should. He and Aune were both 2012 recruits. It's amazing how quickly everyone on here freaks out about recruiting. We could use a QB, but there are some really good ones in the 2014 class with heavy TCU interest.

SnoSki

No offense to those guys, but why would we want to recruit a guy who has no shot of starting at QB or even being an adequate backup?

I'm sure the staff would love another Pachall type but two similar guys have said no to us this year because they know that nobody coming in this year will have a great chance of starting more than 1 year.

MidlandFrog

Our recruiting is stuck in the Mountain West.

Fields, Slanina, Shaw, Whitmill, Hicks, Deante Grey, and countless others who we wouldn't have gotten disagree with you. Love this class, maybe I'm in the minority. I think we will get 2 to 3 more impact players. As long as we have GP, classes ranked in the 20-40 range are as good as a top 10 class coached by Mack or some of these other clowns.

SnoSki

I think there are a lot of guys in this class who are very underrated or are borderline 3-4 starsie guys.

Trevorris Johnson, for example, has put up some absolutely eye-popping numbers (multiple games with 300 yards on the ground this year) at the 5A level in Houston, which is why UT is hard after him right now.

Hunt Together

I'm sure the staff would love another Pachall type but two similar guys have said no to us this year because they know that nobody coming in this year will have a great chance of starting more than 1 year.

None of that explains to me why we should take a QB that doesnt have the talent to be anything more than an emergency QB.