• The KillerFrogs

Your Opinion of Boschini's actions

How do you feel Boschini's statements to the Big East?

• Total voters

Horned Toad

Chancellor Boschini should issue a new statement...." The TCU family was exhiliarated at the time of joining the Big East Conference. We were given to believe and had trusted at the time that the BEast was committed to remaining not only viable but strong and that the basketball only members would not be allowed to undermine efforts to strengthen the league. We know now that trust was misplaced. The leadership of this great University has an obligation to act in the best interests of the University at all times. In joining the Big XII Conference we have met that obligation. No further comment will be made today."
BAM!!!

tcufrog115

"Marinatto sought to end speculation that TCU is considering the Big 12, telling reporters that chancellor Victor Boschini, Jr. "told us over and over how much he wants this conference to move forward. There was no wavering at all from him."

Oct. 3

Hey, BSUFAN9999 said "repeatedly that he was going to stop being a pompous [Craig James] time-and-time-again. There was no wavering at all from him."

The above is a statement that BSUFAN9999 told me in private. Behind closed doors. Really, he did.

One. Boschini might have said that, but never said that he wanted TCU's involvement in that conference. According to the above quote, he just told Marinatto that he wanted it to move forward.

Two. VB has to do what's best for HIS school. If the Big East schools would stop OPENLY seeking other options, then maybe I could see VB going forward with the Big East. Since that's not the case though, VB has to do what's right for the continued success of this school.

See you guys in November, always a great game between Boise-TCU.

OmniscienceFrog

"Marinatto sought to end speculation that TCU is considering the Big 12, telling reporters that chancellor Victor Boschini, Jr. "told us over and over how much he wants this conference to move forward. There was no wavering at all from him."

Oct. 3

Sounds like Boschini chose his word very carefully. He said he wanted to see the conference move forward, which I have no doubt is true. What he didn't say was that he promised that TCU would enequivocally be a part of it. You have any quotes attributed to him that said they would?

SnoSki

The Big East TCU had committed to join was different than the Big East TCU was set to join. The details of the agreement had changed. I see no problem with joining the Big 12 from a moral standpoint because of this. Now Boschini did say that we'd be committed on October 3, but I don't think it was a lie. As of october 3, we hadn't been extended an invitation to the Big 12, so of course we were fully committed to the Big East.

I'm sure Cincy and Louisville and UConn are all fully committed to the Big East as well, until the SEC/Big 10/ACC come calling.

BSUFAN9999

I am not bashing TCU. I am asking a question about what the posters on this board think of what the BE Commissioner quote suggested about the behavior of TCU's leader.

I don't begrudge TCU for being interested in the Big12. But if TCU President told his BE colleagues he wasn't interested in the Big 12 and committed to the future of the Big East, and then reversed course less than a week later, then in my opinion, he would lack integrity. Did that happen? Don't know. That is what is suggested by the quote. And perhaps the BE Commissioner is lying is and should be skewered instead.

As far as I am aware, Kustra and Thompson are on the same page about BSU's plans re: the MWC and the opportunity for BSU to join an AQ Conference. We would love for the opportunity to join an AQ conference, but it is not looking likely. BSU will just have to continue to play the role of spoiler. Like TCU, our recent success has enhanced our ability to get the players that we are seeking. We should be tough for years to come. We will see how much of a post-Kellen hangover we have next year.

The poll results are pretty clear. The ends justify the means. Outside of the context of situation, I am not sure that speaks well of our overall culture. If you take continue that philosophy to its logical conclusion, then anything can be justified.

I am in the camp that there are a bunch of leaders in higher education and college sports who actions should be questioned. Some are being called out. I would like to see a lot more pressure by put on those who have acted unscrupulously. A few other examples include:
  • Chancellor of Pitt who was the Chairperson of the BE Conference & led the recruitment of TCU to the BE prior to moving his school to the ACC
  • Missouri President who had a leadership position with the Big 12 whose actions were in conflict with his fiduciary duties.

The strategies suggested in The Prince are certainly in the realm of possible strategies, but they would not be the ones I would suggest be modeled for the next generation of leaders at Texas Christian University.

HFrog1999

The strategies suggested in The Prince are certainly in the realm of possible strategies, but they would not be the ones I would suggest be modeled for the next generation of leaders at Texas Christian University.

Depends on if you want to educate winners or losers :cool:

BSUFAN9999

BSUFAN - So tell us how it went down when you left the WAC high and dry......

The issue at hand is not changing conferences. It is saying one thing and then doing another. BSU was quite clear about its ambition to join the MWC. It sought to join the MWC for several years in a rather public manner.

TCU to the Big 12 makes a lot of sense, but then don't go and commit yourself to the future of the Big East.

HFrog1999

Or Christians.

GOTTA SUPPORT THE TEAM!

tumblr_lbf19lIlsf1qzwpxno1_500.jpg

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being

Oct. 3

We all want the Big East to move forward.

We just don't want it to include us.

Seems pretty cut and dried to me.

It should also be noted that, once again, the conference we are leaving is not the one we joined. As it was with the WAC, CUSA, and MWC. So its arguable who broke their committment. Perhaps if the Big East weren't completely impotent, things might not have reached this point. Ask Pitt and Syracuse about that one.

As for Chancellor Boschini's actions, his 1st duty is to serve the interests of TCU at the direction of the Board of Trustees. If someone can point out to me how he hasn't done that, I'm all ears.

Pharm Frog

Or Christians.

I'm sure that your piety exceeds that of most others. What size stone would you prefer? Meanwhile, I still can't find any evidence of duplicity or lying on the part of the chancellor. Now...when it comes to Marinatto's description of the discussion, I wonder just who has the most motive to mislead, mis-characterize, or distort?

BSUFAN9999

I'm sure that your piety exceeds that of most others. What size stone would you prefer? Meanwhile, I still can't find any evidence of duplicity or lying on the part of the chancellor. Now...when it comes to Marinatto's description of the discussion, I wonder just who has the most motive to mislead, mis-characterize, or distort?

I don't claim to be pious. I also don't have Christian in my name.

My point was that a Machiavellian approach is not consistent with my interpretation of Christianity. I am trying to think how far Christianity would have to be stretched to include Machiavelli's point of view. I think most reasonable people would agree that their philosophies are contradictory.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
I don't claim to be pious.

The fact that you even started this thread disputes that, because it suggests that you believe yourself to be somehow morally superior.

I also don't have Christian in my name.

Neither does Dr. Boschini.

My point was that a Machiavellian approach is not consistent with my interpretation of Christianity. I am trying to think how far Christianity would have to be stretched to include Machiavelli's point of view. I think most reasonable people would agree that their philosophies are contradictory.

Your interpretations of Christianity aren't really our concern. If we were simply to turn the other cheek when wronged, we'd still probably be in the WAC. Fortunately or unfortunately, we live in the real world.