• The KillerFrogs

Your Opinion of Boschini's actions

How do you feel Boschini's statements to the Big East?

• Total voters

FROGDADDY

That is innovative. Giving a CYA quote before TCU gets an invite.

Who knows what exactly VB said during those meetings, but the quote you used to start your poll contains nothing about TCU being committed to the BE. Might want to find a more damning quote to attempt to make your pathetic point.

NYC Horned Frog

I'm pretty sure every President/Chancellor/AD has said very similar things in unstable environments before jumping. It's politics, and with your outlook on things you wouldn't be very good at it, but thats not necessarily a bad thing. Boschini is trying to do what's best for the long term viability of TCU. Your BSU guys would have done the EXACT same thing in this situation, but BSU is not in this situation. Hopefully you will be in the future.

The guys running our school and athletics should be praised for their hard work and the change they brought about. And the way they went about it is the way you have to if you want to get ahead in this college landscape.

BSUFAN9999

What a childish poll. I'm so glad I went to a real school.

If ethics and integrity were only the domain of children....

I didn't go to BSU. I went to schools considered far more reputable than both BSU and TCU....indisputably.

Ethical behavior was the cornerstone of each.

If the statements are true...then there should be some explaining to do.

froginaustin

I didn't go to BSU. I went to schools considered far more reputable than LaSalle Extension University or the University of Idaho ....indisputably.

Ethical behavior was the cornerstone of each. :laugh:

FIFY

frogs9497

If you want to decry unethical behavior in college football, the field is target rich. Somehow youve zeroed-in on the wrong target here.

HFrog1999

Your personal attacks on Chancelor Boschini will not be tolerated.

community-competitive-ecology_article_story_main.jpg

I think the most shocking thing we're seeing in all of this is the jealousy from Boise State fans. Unreal.

Dear Boise: the Big East changed - it's not the same conference we signed up for. Not only that, but two other members - UConn and Rutgers - are actively trying to leave the conference. Of course we're going to look for an alternative. WAKE UP. And you know Boise would do the same damn thing if given the chance. Stop whining...it makes you look like commuter school kids.

Here's an idea: improve your academics, rebuild your campus and facilities, add a research institue or law school or med school. It'll take 20+ years for the changes to set in, but once they do, the Pac-12 (or whatever they'd be at the time) will be begging you to join. Until then, no BCS conference wants to associate with you.

Deep Purple

I didn't go to BSU. I went to schools considered far more reputable than both BSU and TCU....indisputably.
Right. So much more reputable, you don't even want to name them. Indisputably. :rolleyes:

When Pitt and Syracuse announced they were leaving the BE, Marinatto called a conference meeting in NY. After the meeting, he assured the press that every remaining school in the conference had committed to sticking with the BE. Within 24 hours, Rutgers and UConn were publicly contradicting him, saying they never made any such commitment. Marinatto is desperately trying to save his conference, and he'll throw out any spin he has to in order to achieve that.

What did you major in at those "reputable universities" you attended? Sanctimonious self-righteousness?

oldscribe

Maybe I am different....but I expect all who lead me to have integrity. This isn't a TCU thing for me. This is a Boschini thing. If that is how he leads, I think you are better off without him.

Otherwise, you know how to tell when a TCU alum is lying....
This is a TCU fan forum. You do not belong here. To be on here is dishonest on your part. Who cares what you think of Boschini? The answer is no one.:cool:

tsmiller3

Maybe I am different....but I expect all who lead me to have integrity. This isn't a TCU thing for me. This is a Boschini thing. If that is how he leads, I think you are better off without him.

Otherwise, you know how to tell when a TCU alum is lying....

Spare me. I love how outsiders come on with these ridiculous opinions.

You're telling me if BSU was in this situation, you wouldn't want the Big 12? Boschini is looking out for TCU, it's students/athletes and fans. Umm, that's his job. His job is not to look out for a conference that has transformed since last year and has done nothing to keep up w realignment. He is not going to risk the future of this university. They committed to the BE during certain circumstances, and those have changed, drastically.

Spaaahhaaare me

Right. So much more reputable, you don't even want to name them. Indisputably. :rolleyes:

When Pitt and Syracuse announced they were leaving the BE, Marinatto called a conference meeting in NY. After the meeting, he assured the press that every remaining school in the conference had committed to sticking with the BE. Within 24 hours, Rutgers and UConn were publicly contradicting him, saying they never made any such commitment. Marinatto is desperately trying to save his conference, and he'll throw out any spin he has to in order to achieve that.

What did you major in at those "reputable universities" you attended? Sanctimonious self-righteousness?

Idaho and Washington State

Kaiser

Ethical behavior? Yet you root for a program full of cheaters & criminals? ;)

Ethical behavior was the cornerstone of each.

helcap

Such integrity

"The president of Boise State said the Broncos have a geographical attraction to the Mountain West Conference but, for the moment, are intent upon "improving the quality of the Western Athletic Conference"

Honolulu Advertiser

Pharm Frog

Maybe I am different....but I expect all who lead me to have integrity.

Good luck with that. Since you claim to have attended an institution of higher learning with ethics and integrity at its core, I am certain you will be familiar with the folllowing:

A wise ruler ought never to keep faith when by doing so it would be against his interests.

A prince never lacks legitimate reasons to break his promise.

No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution.

Politics have no relation to morals.

The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous.

The promise given was a necessity of the past: the word broken is a necessity of the present.

Disclaimer: That I provide quotations from Niccolo Machiavelli should not be construed that I I believe that any agent acting on behalf of TCU has, is, or will behave in the manner advocated for The Prince. Certainly, the quotation attributed to the Chancellor at the start of this thread does not even approach such a thing. Just attempting to demonstrate that there are other ways of construing what is ethical and moral than those proposed by our new friend.