• The KillerFrogs

You can't take drinks out of ACS?

bronco

A friend of mine leaving the stadium Saturday had to pour his drink out (large soda in a plastic souvenir cup), according to the blue shirted security person. What is up with that? Can someone please tell me the logic in that?

f_399

They sell alcohol in certain sections, maybe you can't bring alcohol out but there is no way for them to know who has alcohol or not?

W

Way of the Frog

I am confused now because for years I have been told the reason why people don't come back from the parking lot at half time is because people can't bring their "drinks" into the stadium.

StinnettFrog

Happened to me and my wife also. Just bought two large drinks and stood outside the gate, when we tried to go back in they said we had to pour them out. I told them that would have been nice to know when you were stamping my hand to return.

bronco

They sell alcohol in certain sections, maybe you can't bring alcohol out but there is no way for them to know who has alcohol or not?
I would think people in the club or suites would be stopped before exiting those areas not at the stadium gates. I know beer is sold in the premium section (100 level) but my guess is they are not in the souvenir soda cups. I am just curious about the logic here. Definitely would make me think twice before shelling out 4 or 5 bucks on a soda after half time.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I would think people in the club or suites would be stopped before exiting those areas not at the stadium gates. I know beer is sold in the premium section (100 level) but my guess is they are not in the souvenir soda cups. I am just curious about the logic here. Definitely would make me think twice before shelling out 4 or 5 bucks on a soda after half time.

But what about the souvenir cup?!?

netty2424

A friend of mine leaving the stadium Saturday had to pour his drink out (large soda in a plastic souvenir cup), according to the blue shirted security person. What is up with that? Can someone please tell me the logic in that?
Might be an open container rule? I walked in with a water bottle, drank that, bought a bottle of water inside the stadium for $6 gosh darning dollars which is very Jerry Jones-esque by the way. And left with what was left of that bottle.

Deep Purple

Happened to me and my wife also. Just bought two large drinks and stood outside the gate, when we tried to go back in they said we had to pour them out. I told them that would have been nice to know when you were stamping my hand to return.
Different problem than described by the OP. You're not allowed to carry any drinks into the stadium, no matter where they were purchased -- even if originally purchased inside the stadium. But there's no rule against carrying drinks out of the stadium.

OP says his friend was forced to dump a stadium-purchased drink he attempted to carry outside. Maybe I'm misinformed, but I think carrying a drink out of the stadium is not against the rules. Wouldn't make any sense. They afraid you're going to use a soft-drink cup to sneak alcohol out of the stadium?

TCU contracted a new event management company for home games this year. Previously it was the yellow shirts from CSC (Contemporary Services Corporation), who do a ton of concerts and college sporting events nationwide. But they also draw a lot of complaints for being too physical (they've been sued for assault 21 times since 1991) and too pricey.

I don't remember the name of the new event management company TCU is using, but they're the ones in blue shirts who have replaced the yellow shirts of years past. I'm betting that they're not at home with TCU stadium rules yet and some newbie just got overzealous in forcing a fan to dump his drink while exiting the stadium.

OmniscienceFrog

Different problem than described by the OP. You're not allowed to carry any drinks into the stadium, no matter where they were purchased -- even if originally purchased inside the stadium. But there's no rule against carrying drinks out of the stadium.

OP says his friend was forced to dump a stadium-purchased drink he attempted to carry outside. Maybe I'm misinformed, but I think carrying a drink out of the stadium is not against the rules. Wouldn't make any sense. They afraid you're going to use a soft-drink cup to sneak alcohol out of the stadium?

TCU contracted a new event management company for home games this year. Previously it was the yellow shirts from CSC (Contemporary Services Corporation), who do a ton of concerts and college sporting events nationwide. But they also draw a lot of complaints for being too physical (they've been sued for assault 21 times since 1991) and too pricey.

I don't remember the name of the new event management company TCU is using, but they're the ones in blue shirts who have replaced the yellow shirts of years past. I'm betting that they're not at home with TCU stadium rules yet and some newbie just got overzealous in forcing a fan to dump his drink while exiting the stadium.
I've seen the policy before, but not at ACS. It was at Cowboy Stadium. It was after either the Oregon St or BYU game we played there, don't remember for sure which one, but I think it was Oregon St.. They were telling everybody leaving that they had to pour out anything they had in a bottle or cup before exiting the outside gate. I only recall it at one of the three games we've played there though.

It's dumb, but it's done.