• The KillerFrogs

Wow. Baylorfans...

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 23 2010, 11:25 AM) [snapback]549274[/snapback]
'non TCU?' Not sure where I got that Finance degree on my wall from then.

EBay?

BaylorHistory

The Big XII has a terrible TV contract in football. Baylor made $500,000 for every win in the NCAA tourney, we added $1.5M that way. I'm not sure how much we got from our TV deal thoughQUOTE(2314 @ Apr 23 2010, 08:44 AM) [snapback]549120[/snapback]
No way in hell. The TV revenue alone from football probably is double what you collected in basketball with all revenue sources.

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(FFL @ Apr 23 2010, 11:30 AM) [snapback]549276[/snapback]
I'm sure it was CGP's attempt at off-handed humor. It really is funny to think that he would be concerned about Baylor in any way.

That's EXACTLY what it was. GP is terrible at telling jokes / trying to be funny...it just doesn't fit his style. It wasn't noted in the article / quote but I bet GP was grinning when he said that.

QUOTE(BaylorHistory @ Apr 22 2010, 11:57 PM) [snapback]549059[/snapback]
First off let me say that I don't dislike playing ISU,KSU, CU, KU, NU, Mizou because they whip us all the time. That is not the case we have beaten all of them recently in every sport (except NU in football). My dislike for them comes in the form of no emotional connection to any of them in any sport. Playing the other Texas private schools means much more to me and I'd like to see us go back to playing them every year in every sport. I don't speak for the university however and I'm sure that they'd rather just collect their paycheck suck at football and be good at everything else.
Secondly, how can you call someone ignorant when you claim that basketball is a 2nd rate sport? Many schools make more money off of basketball than TCU does off of football. I know that Baylor made way more money of basketball this season than we did football (mostly due to us being really good at basketball and sucking really bad at football).

Baylor is 10-32 against the Big XII North while in the Big XII. that's the good news. Against the Big XII south, Baylor is, get this: 4-66. That's right, 4-66! In the same span since 1996, TCU is 5-5 against the Big XII south. (2-3 against the North)

TCU HAS MORE WINS AGAINST THE BIG XII SOUTH THAN BAYLOR DOES!!! IN 60 LESS GAMES. WOW!!
That's got to be the most devastating statistic I've ever seen.

Opintel

Moderators
QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Apr 23 2010, 01:07 PM) [snapback]549346[/snapback]
Baylor is 10-32 against the Big XII North while in the Big XII. that's the good news. Against the Big XII south, Baylor is, get this: 4-66. That's right, 4-66! In the same span since 1996, TCU is 5-5 against the Big XII south. (2-3 against the North)

TCU HAS MORE WINS AGAINST THE BIG XII SOUTH THAN BAYLOR DOES!!! IN 60 LESS GAMES. WOW!!

Indeed. :biggrin:

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Apr 23 2010, 01:07 PM) [snapback]549346[/snapback]

It is a great stat, but it's worth noting that two of our wins against the Big 12 south are against Baylor and clearly it would be quite difficult for the Bears to schedule themselves.

froginaustin

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Apr 23 2010, 12:32 PM) [snapback]549372[/snapback]
It is a great stat, but it's worth noting that two of our wins against the Big 12 south are against Baylor and clearly it would be quite difficult for the Bears to schedule themselves.

Didn't the aggies count the maroon - white game as a win for A&M in a recent press guide? If they can do it, why not Baylor?

Frog89

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Apr 23 2010, 01:32 PM) [snapback]549372[/snapback]

I'm not sure Baylor could beat itself..... would be a close game. But your point is well taken.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(Frog89 @ Apr 23 2010, 01:50 PM) [snapback]549380[/snapback]
I'm not sure Baylor could beat itself..... would be a close game. But your point is well taken.

God would that ever be an awful game to watch.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(Frog89 @ Apr 23 2010, 01:50 PM) [snapback]549380[/snapback]

Well, with no alcohol, dancing, or fornicating allowed on campus, I'm sure there's a lot of Baylor guys beating themselves

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Apr 23 2010, 12:32 PM) [snapback]549372[/snapback]

Ok then, we have one less loss against the rest of the Big XII south in 62 less games (3-5 vs 4-66). Its still an unbelievable statistic.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Apr 23 2010, 02:21 PM) [snapback]549392[/snapback]
Well, with no alcohol, dancing, or fornicating allowed on campus, I'm sure there's a lot of Baylor guys beating themselves

That can't be allowed either.

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Apr 23 2010, 01:21 PM) [snapback]549392[/snapback]
<br />Well, with no alcohol, dancing, or fornicating allowed on campus, I'm sure there's a lot of Baylor guys beating themselves<br />

Baylor is Ground Zero for the epidemic called Orange Wiener Syndrome. The root cause is a heavy diet of Natty Lite and Puffy Cheetos in the secrecy of their Dorm rooms and apts. The symptoms appear when they wake up the next morning.