• The KillerFrogs

Wow. Baylorfans...

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(Trelvis @ Apr 22 2010, 10:47 PM) [snapback]548994[/snapback]
That, or they just needed to get out of Waco for a little bit.

Can you imagine living in Waco by choice? :wacko:

BaylorHistory

So in other words there is no reason for a Baylor spy to be there...How would he know we had a spy there? double agent? Maybe he was wearing a BU shirt. Surely that is too obvious. I bet its a double agent.

Trelvis

It all comes down to our Legendary Coach Patterson is a paranoid individual. TCU fans know that. That is just the way he is. I dont know why yall are so upset that he mentioned Baylor. I guarantee if your coach said these comments Cub fans would have no problem with him being paranoid.

BaylorHistory

I wasn't upset I just thought it was odd. Patterson is a great coach (obviously) and I hope we are conference mates soon. We really need to start playing in basketball so that we can give you some paybck for football. :wink:

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(Trelvis @ Apr 22 2010, 10:54 PM) [snapback]549005[/snapback]
It all comes down to our Legendary Coach Patterson is a paranoid individual. TCU fans know that. That is just the way he is. I dont know why yall are so upset that he mentioned Baylor. I guarantee if your coach said these comments Cub fans would have no problem with him being paranoid.

Art Briles isn't worthy of wiping GP's azz after a late night Alvarado's taco run.

Stiff Arm Frog

Of course Patterson is a little paranoid. At the beginning of Spring Practice he said, "right now, we're a 6-6 football team."

:laugh:
You learn to love him and his doomsday demeanor. His pessimism is what makes him great.

And as for joining the Big XII, TCU has moved beyond the point where we have beg for scraps at UT and OU's table. If I ever feel like being their financial b|tch, I'll be sure to let you know.

BaylorHistory

Well I think you would still make more money by being in Baylor's position now than you do in the MWC. I'm not so sure that there will be a Big XII for that much longer really.

desmith03

QUOTE(BaylorHistory @ Apr 22 2010, 11:39 PM) [snapback]549042[/snapback]
Well I think you would still make more money by being in Baylor's position now than you do in the MWC. I'm not so sure that there will be a Big XII for that much longer really.

Where is iconoclast? BaylorHistory is far too normal! :tongue:

Frog_Fan71

QUOTE(BaylorHistory @ Apr 22 2010, 11:01 PM) [snapback]549014[/snapback]
I wasn't upset I just thought it was odd. Patterson is a great coach (obviously) and I hope we are conference mates soon. We really need to start playing in basketball so that we can give you some paybck for football. :wink:

Geez... I hope not. :blink:

BaylorHistory

I'm tired of playing ISU,CU,KSU every year in everything. I'd much rather be playing TCU, SMU, & Rice...at least we have some history together and have many friends that go to each school.

Frog_Fan71

QUOTE(BaylorHistory @ Apr 23 2010, 12:07 AM) [snapback]549051[/snapback]
I'm tired of playing ISU,CU,KSU every year in everything. I'd much rather be playing TCU, SMU, & Rice...at least we have some history together and have many friends that go to each school.

It doesn't feel good to be on the outside looking in. TCU has earned where they are at in the standings. They didn't beg for it nor are they hangers-on. Show some dignity and suck it up. Things may not work out for Baylor in the end. I for one do not have any sympathy for them. Denigrating the Frogs at every turn just because Baylor is in the Big-12. Saying that our recruits are lesser because TCU is in the MWC and that we play crap competition.

No. Humility is a wonderful teacher. I do hope you guys archive your forums. Please go back and read all the crap about TCU that you all posted. As for basketball, it is a second rate sport compared to football. Maybe the Big East will take you as a basketball only member, but I suspect not.

desmith03

QUOTE(Frog_Fan71 @ Apr 23 2010, 12:23 AM) [snapback]549054[/snapback]
It doesn't feel good to be on the outside looking in. TCU has earned where they are at in the standings. They didn't beg for it nor are they hangers-on. Show some dignity and suck it up. Things may not work out for Baylor in the end. I for one do not have any sympathy for them. Denigrating the Frogs at every turn just because Baylor is in the Big-12. Saying that our recruits are lesser because TCU is in the MWC and that we play crap competition.

No. Humility is a wonderful teacher. I do hope you guys archive your forums. Please go back and read all the crap about TCU that you all posted. As for basketball, it is a second rate sport compared to football. Maybe the Big East will take you as a basketball only member, but I suspect not.

I get it, 71, but I don't think BaylorHistory is one of the gloaters that you seem to be referring to.

Frog_Fan71

QUOTE(Daniel @ Apr 23 2010, 12:27 AM) [snapback]549056[/snapback]
I get it, 71, but I don't think BaylorHistory is one of the gloaters that you seem to be referring to.

Maybe they aren't. If this is the case then they are one of the few. The downside is the many. The whole bad apple metaphor. I understand that there are some decent and "sane" Baylor fans out there. I respect those fans. It's the rest, as with most any other teams, the fans that just can't seem to give credit where it is due and want to find fault in anyone or anything other than themselves. I don't dislike Baylor the school, I dislike the ignorance and arrogance of the pompous fan.

BaylorHistory

First off let me say that I don't dislike playing ISU,KSU, CU, KU, NU, Mizou because they whip us all the time. That is not the case we have beaten all of them recently in every sport (except NU in football). My dislike for them comes in the form of no emotional connection to any of them in any sport. Playing the other Texas private schools means much more to me and I'd like to see us go back to playing them every year in every sport. I don't speak for the university however and I'm sure that they'd rather just collect their paycheck suck at football and be good at everything else.
Secondly, how can you call someone ignorant when you claim that basketball is a 2nd rate sport? Many schools make more money off of basketball than TCU does off of football. I know that Baylor made way more money of basketball this season than we did football (mostly due to us being really good at basketball and sucking really bad at football).

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(BaylorHistory @ Apr 23 2010, 12:57 AM) [snapback]549059[/snapback]
I know that Baylor made way more money of basketball this season than we did football (mostly due to us being really good at basketball and sucking really bad at football).

No way in hell. The TV revenue alone from football probably is double what you collected in basketball with all revenue sources.

froginaustin

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 23 2010, 07:44 AM) [snapback]549120[/snapback]
No way in hell. The TV revenue alone from football probably is double what you collected in basketball with all revenue sources.

I've seen opinions written that the (formerly) big-time basketball only schools, primarily the basketball-only side of the Big East and schools like Gonzaga, are being crowded out of the top tier of college basketball by high-revenue football-playing schools from the autobid conferences (although Vilanova, Gonzaga, Butler, etc., seem to be OK in the short run).

That's how important autobid conference football revenue can be, the dog that wags the tail of every other Division 1 college sport.

Ah, don;t be sensitive I for one am glad that we have non TCU people supporting us.

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Apr 22 2010, 04:02 PM) [snapback]548836[/snapback]
Not sure what you think I am delusional about. I know people here don't like me.

There are several Baylor attorneys on here though.

fdub

QUOTE(Opintel @ Apr 22 2010, 04:45 PM) [snapback]548826[/snapback]
I really hope we crush them in September.

ditto. And we will. I hope we have every recruit on their board in ACS for it, too.

gdu

QUOTE(frog9999 @ Apr 23 2010, 02:16 PM) [snapback]549151[/snapback]
Ah, don;t be sensitive I for one am glad that we have non TCU people supporting us.

'non TCU?' Not sure where I got that Finance degree on my wall from then.

stevenewilson

QUOTE(BaylorHistory @ Apr 22 2010, 10:52 PM) [snapback]549002[/snapback]
So in other words there is no reason for a Baylor spy to be there...How would he know we had a spy there? double agent? Maybe he was wearing a BU shirt. Surely that is too obvious. I bet its a double agent.

I'm sure it was CGP's attempt at off-handed humor. It really is funny to think that he would be concerned about Baylor in any way.