• The KillerFrogs

World Cup Thread

Purp

cdsfrog said:
Netherlands has squandered so many great opportunities. starting to wonder if this doesn't go to PK and they lose. would be fitting for the dutch. Most wins in the world cup without a title.
The first 30 minutes of the 2nd half was all Costa Rica, though they weren't as dominant in that 30 minutes as the Dutch in the last 15. The Ticos may still have a chance if they can muster that last bit of quality on a counter-attack, but the Dutch are clearly more talented and dangerous.

cdsfrog

Purp said:
The first 30 minutes of the 2nd half was all Costa Rica, though they weren't as dominant in that 30 minutes as the Dutch in the last 15. The Ticos may still have a chance if they can muster that last bit of quality on a counter-attack, but the Dutch are clearly more talented and dangerous.

All Costa Rica is a stretch. Possession wise yes, opportunity wise definitely not. Costa Rica keeper is legit

Purp

cdsfrog said:

All Costa Rica is a stretch. Possession wise yes, opportunity wise definitely not. Costa Rica keeper is legit
That's what I meant by "they weren't as dominant" bc they controlled the game, but couldn't generate many dangerous opportunities . Once the tide turned the Dutch held the ball in the Ticos' penalty area for 15 solid minutes.

Purp

I also think Robben should have seen at least one yellow for diving. The officials need to get that guy under control . Manu Ginobili crap 3-4 times per game.

cdsfrog

Dutch crumbling before our eyes. Seeking a record 5th loss in a row in extras. Exaggerating but they better not let this go to PKs.

Purp

Honestly, I don't have sympathy for the Dutch if the Ticos waste time. Arjen Robben makes me ill with his theatrics. He threw a punch on that play near the by-line a few minutes ago and drew the foul. It's ridiculous. That guy needs an enforcer to level his ass. He's so exciting to watch I hate to have to root against him.