• The KillerFrogs

Why can’t TCU land an elite QB?

froginmn

He was injured in his 2nd start Vs. Okie Lite in ‘21 and was unable to go against Kansas with Max already hurt.
Hmm, I don't remember that at all. He threw an incompletion at the end of the third quarter and walked off, then Jackson came in on the next drive and finished the game we lost by 46 points. I didn't see any injury and assumed they just decided to put Jackson in. OK State was also the fourth game Morris played that year so I assumed they were protecting his redshirt. And Duggan DID play against KU...

I could be wrong.

82 Frog Fever

Hmm, I don't remember that at all. He threw an incompletion at the end of the third quarter and walked off, then Jackson came in on the next drive and finished the game we lost by 46 points. I didn't see any injury and assumed they just decided to put Jackson in. OK State was also the fourth game Morris played that year so I assumed they were protecting his redshirt. And Duggan DID play against KU...

I could be wrong.
Both Jackson and Chandler got banged up against Ok St..
We lost Jackson for the season with a shoulder separation.
Chandler was just too banged up in general to play against Kansas and did not play again in ‘21, so Max played the final 2 games with a broken bone in his foot.

Last edited:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Hoover is going to be good, I’ve watched him in the practices, has a much stronger arm than you think, also a very quick release and he is crafty…Size and durability is the obvious concern…he put up some very good numbers in HS (6A)
Makes sense. He put up big numbers at Rockwall. Look forward to seeing more of him.

Eight

Do you know which QB?

how could anyone possibly know who is going to be available in the spring when the freaking portal is closed right now, no teams have gone through spring, and no one who could be passed up have been passed up?

if anyone has that ability to foresight i would suggest picking the power ball numbers over who is going to be in the portal end of spring

hfhmilkman

Idk what your point is.
Yes, everyone on a sloped field/grass, in pads, & fb cleats would be slower than they would be when running on a flat track, in shorts, & track shoes. However, all players are in the same boat under the same conditions, so all players are slower.
Also, a weight gain does not necessarily mean a reduction in speed. Many TCU players put on 10-15 lbs of muscle this year and they were both faster and stronger.
Whether on a track or fb field, Hejny has great top-end speed. Probably a major reason he ran for nearly 1,300 yds & 15 tds this year.
No, just pointing out that speed on the track in HS does not always translate after football training. And I agree that weight gain does impact different players. It is one of the variables for declaring a prospect pro or not. We all see the "can put on weight" in scouting reports. Anyone can put on weight. Can they put on weight and minimize loss of quickness? No doubt someone who can run on the track will be fast on the football field. And another caveat a QB does not have to put on as much weight as lets say a running back, unless you are playing for Urban Meyer.

hfhmilkman

No. I just figured that in today’s college football world if you are not projected to start after spring there is a good chance you will look for an opportunity elsewhere.
This is one of the things I do not like about NIL. Football is supposed to be about competition. I can understand a 5th year senior transferring if the freshmen is the heir apparent. But now players leave at the slightest hint of adversity or threat.

Eight

This is one of the things I do not like about NIL. Football is supposed to be about competition. I can understand a 5th year senior transferring if the freshmen is the heir apparent. But now players leave at the slightest hint of adversity or threat.

nil is not the driver for the recent increase in transfers, adding the ability to transfer without losing a year makes it easier for kids to move to find playing time

ticketfrog123

Hoover is going to be good, I’ve watched him in the practices, has a much stronger arm than you think, also a very quick release and he is crafty…Size and durability is the obvious concern…he put up some very good numbers in HS (6A)
Im sure people said the same thing about Wooten and Mule

hfhmilkman

nil is not the driver for the recent increase in transfers, adding the ability to transfer without losing a year makes it easier for kids to move to find playing time
Good point. I was equating the two because both were implemented at about the same time. You could not transfer if it was not made so easy. I heard 11% of the scholarship pool was in the portal. I am sure it is higher for the P5 conferences. There are some teams that are completely remade every year. Its just as bad in basketball.

Eight

Good point. I was equating the two because both were implemented at about the same time. You could not transfer if it was not made so easy. I heard 11% of the scholarship pool was in the portal. I am sure it is higher for the P5 conferences. There are some teams that are completely remade every year. Its just as bad in basketball.

yet it is the same rules as with other college sports so i really am not against the current rule

understand the desire to play and when it comes to quarterback it might be the most limited playing time position in any college sport, a played picking the right system for them is just as important as a staff picking players with the right skills for their offense