• The KillerFrogs

Why can’t TCU land an elite QB?

Toad Jones

nil is not the driver for the recent increase in transfers, adding the ability to transfer without losing a year makes it easier for kids to move to find playing time
I'll agree with that. From what I hear, the people on this board are more stressed about the QB situation than the staff. I keep hearing the staff are saying it will work out if we point ourselves in the right direction. Sounds like a good case of common sense to me.

froginmn

I'll agree with that. From what I hear, the people on this board are more stressed about the QB situation than the staff. I keep hearing the staff are saying it will work out if we point ourselves in the right direction. Sounds like a good case of common sense to me.
Our QBs are made out of marshmallows and rain is forecasted...

Toad Jones

I'm still of the opinion this staff is the best TCU has ever had, and I also think we haven't dropped one tick after loosing Riley. I remember vividly when Baylor was almost unstoppable on offense. They frustrated competition weekly with that offense. And along those lines, Dykes is an offensive guy more inline with Kendall's offense of those Baylor years than the Akry coach. So, in short, in my memory anyway, this staff slightly upgraded itself.

Sonny knew GR was looking, and Riley wanted to positively charge his resume with a succession of SEC coaching stop(s). (If Riley is successful, his next stop will be head coach) Getting back to Sonny, I think (no proof of this) but Sonny knew exactly who he wanted to run his offense and went for it despite a new contract with Arkansas. Dwell on that for a minute and look into the character of one Sonny Dykes. I'll start you off with vision for one, motivation for another, extreme goal orientation and about twelve more I can think of. Just the kind of individual TCU needed at this station in history to improve its position in history. TCU HAD to do something quick, and they knew it. They had a fellow in Dykes and became very familiar with while SD was here. They knew what they had and made a decision, a strong decision, and it's worked out superbly. Donati saw it first hand, he knew and convinced (btw it wasn't too hard I'll bet) to convince the suit boys to pull the trigger, thus SD. Another very STRONG move FOR this UNIVERSITY and its future in history!

Last edited: