• The KillerFrogs

Week 3: TCU @ Purdue

HFrog12

Not sure if you are talking about this year or in general. I’ll address the latter...

Since the turn of the century we have finished the season ranked 12 times (3 of those in the big 12 in our 7 seasons). Purdue has finished ranked twice.

We are not claiming that we are one the premier programs in college football, but over the last twenty years we are in a different stratosphere than Purdue. Outside of Big 10 homers, nobody would disagree with that statement. I think that may be where a lot of your frustration is coming from.

Ha this - he made some reference to 1984? All we have to do is venture so far in history to 2017 when we won 11 games. They have literally never had an 11 win season. Pretty sure most TCU fans do not put us as one of the premier programs but to even think Purdue is close to the kind of program of TCU is laughable. There most won individual award (Sammy Baugh) by Purdue players is obviously named after the Great Slingin Sammy Baugh of TCU. You could compare histories in almost every category and its not even close. But I know the troll only wants to take a sample size of 2018 and our comparable game over Ohio St. Which is funny when Purdue finished with a 6-7 record and was curb stomped by Auburn. I know I shouldn't even play into his hands, and of course he doesn't actually believe his own assessment, but funny nonetheless.

netty2424

I did read last night that the 89 Miami team was in the same level as the 7-5 Auburn team. I guess Eastern Michigan is as good as those teams too since they also beat Purdue last year.
source.gif

Froggish

The Purdue fans are feeling themselves and I'm glad. There seems to be a fair amount of smack talk going around the webs on this game. Not just here. The best thing about CFB is being able to smack talk the guy down the road or in office next to you..This is the kind of game we should be playing in the non-con wish we would have had 3 games lined up like this.

BoilermakerD

If we play our best your stands will be half full at the second half kickoff. It seems unlikely based on how we played week one, but you should pray it doesn’t happen just the same.

Oh I already know that if we win and Rondale Moore or David Bell make a catch with great coverage, I’ll still come here and read that you guys played worse than every and Purdue didn’t do anything you just played and coached terribly.

Two teams that were 6-6 last year, we started as a two point favorite, now you guys are.

Get

Over

Yourself

You sound like a Nebraska fan

TX_Krötenechse

Oh I already know that if we win and Rondale Moore or David Bell make a catch with great coverage, I’ll still come here and read that you guys played worse than every and Purdue didn’t do anything you just played and coached terribly.

Two teams that were 6-6 last year, we started as a two point favorite, now you guys are.

Get

Over

Yourself

If we lose it’ll be because we aren’t all that good and we will probably have a bad season. Which very well may happen, since our first game gave us absolutely no read on how good or bad we might be.

Purdue is legitimately capable of beating us. But we have better athletes across the board and a history of shutting down team superstars, plus we play against a pass-happy league and have a defense specifically built against the pass. We have more experience, size, depth, and skill across both lines. On balance, the objective factors in this game favor TCU - aside from uncertainty at our QB position and questions around how well our receivers will play.

I expect TCU to win by two scores.

MTfrog5

Do you have a “no ban” policy here?

This has to be the most blatant violation of the rules that I’ve seen since joining. Other sites would ban and lock after the 2nd page.

this bickering adds nothing to the site and is the opposite of a back and forth civil debate
I guess you weren’t around pre-big 12?

Eight

I mean, rivals is kind of a big platform for that level of dipshit, do you not agree? Lol.

That would be like me saying “hey, gary Patterson is a great defensive coach. I don’t think anyone has to say that. At receiver? Some young guy.., I hear their nose tackle is a big dude. Whatever ..,

He sounds like a lot of Illinois football fans

I expect a good game. You guys are fast and I keep seeing mention of Ohio State. If only we had played them over the years.

Oh, that’s right. Since 2000, Ohio State loses more at Purdue than any other road venue in the big ten. 3-5. I’ve seen some of the worst Purdue teams ever beat Ohio State at Home. Purdue has had smaller quicker teams as long as I can remember.

Purdue’s worst conference matchup .. they haven’t beat the large lumbering Wisconsin badgers since 03...

Purdue.. against the vaunted speed of Ohio State

one little question......why do you possibly think anyone on a tcu FREE fan site gives a flying scheiss what someone says on a pay site if we don't care enough to pay for the content?

moose has already given you pretty good advice in that if you have an issue with what he said go tell the guy who actually wrote in on the site he actually posted it.

i don't care what he said, he doesn't represent me, nor does he represent the thoughts of this site.

if you have something to share about the game, great, but otherwise you found your way here so show yourself out.

Froggish

Just some perspective on how valuable Moore and TE Hopkins are to Purdue...They virtually have little productive offense without them.

Moore is the 2nd highest targeted WR in the nation at 17.5 per game and Hopkins is the 7th highest targeted TE in the nation at just shy of 7 targets.. Another interesting fact about the Purdue offense is Moore (from the Slot) and Hopkins both are vitually the same Tar/Yrds 9.6/9.8 meaning they really want to beat you with quick passes in that 6-10 yard range. Its the same principal we see from most the Big12 teams they want to loosen you up and hit you over the top deep a few times a game. All that to say those two players alone represent almost 50% of their entire offense.

One misconception I think people have is that Moore is a scoring machine. He's a nightmare between the 20's but its there creative use of the TE that is the primary focus in the redzone. If he's going to score, its generally on big plays. Look for them to target the [ Finebaum ] out of Moore on the march and use him as a decoy in the redzone. Which proves that you have to keep them from hitting you over the top. If they have to march consistently they're deficiencies in the running game will be exposed. We have to force them to grind a little and stay on the field. They won't be near as good if that have to grind. Key here is No Big Plays..Make them play dink and dump football.

Moose Stuff

Get

Over

Yourself

I think we’re better than you. When you ventured over here did you expect to find a board full of people that had some amazing amount of respect for a program that literally is a complete afterthought to every college football fan in America? Could you beat us? Sure. Beyond that, tough break buddy.

And scheissing Nebraska? They’re awful, don’t compare us to them in any way.

Last edited:

Billy Clyde

Anyone ever been to Rogers Roundhouse? Got an alumni assoc. email that's where the game watch is this weekend. Website looks pretty cool, it's across the street from the Mopac events place, I hadn't heard of it before.