• The KillerFrogs

We should score 80 on Baylor and WVU

Waccy Frog

[background=rgb(240, 247, 255)] Maryland's Defense is ranked [/background][background=rgb(240, 247, 255)]#8[/background][background=rgb(240, 247, 255)]. TCU's is ranked [/background][background=rgb(240, 247, 255)]#9[/background][background=rgb(240, 247, 255)]. WVU was held to 31 by Maryland. I think TCU will have no problem scoring at least 32 on WVU.[/background]

Actually, WVU's offense only scored 24 against Maryland; they had a defensive touchdown. Just further to your point.

back_in_black

Moderators
I don't see us holding on to the ball by grinding it out on the ground this year especially without Waymon who was good at that. We have to throw and take advantage of what we have.

After further consideration I'll revise my number down from 80 to 55. Baylor's defense was as bad as I've ever witnessed. 45 out of 51 for Geno Smith.

SnoSki

TCU can definitely beat both. But scoff at their defenes at your own risk. Both offenses are incredible. We have to win the tempo/time of possession war imo.

I understand your general sentiment but.. scoff at their defenses at your own risk?

Before this game here is where Baylor and WVU stood in the major defensive categories (awful across thr board):

Scoring defense
Baylor: 88th/120 - 29.67ppg (and now rising)
WVU: 52/120 - 22.33 ppg (and now rising)

Pass Defense:
Baylor: 113/120 - 315 ypg
WVU: 103/120 - 276.67

Rush Defense:
Baylor: 87/120 - 177.67 ypg
WVU: 38/120 - 122 ypg (not bad here)

In short, these defenses Suck with a capital S.

cdsfrog

I don't see us holding on to the ball by grinding it out on the ground this year especially without Waymon who was good at that. We have to throw and take advantage of what we have.

After further consideration I'll revise my number down from 80 to 55. Baylor's defense was as bad as I've ever witnessed. 45 out of 51 for Geno Smith.
Reminded me of rg3 versus tcu but worse. 55 is possible if we play awesome

Purple Daze

We have a few weeks before we meet either of those challenges. Will have to control the clock a bit to give the defense a better chance of slowing them down. To that end, I'm worried about our offensive line giving us the chance to do that. I think they are the key to us having a really good season or a so-so one.

Gotta take care of the Ponies first.

Froginbedford

I am a disciple of the early GP...one more point than the other guy wins the game. The Frogs haven't shown that they can score against a solid defense yet. And they haven't faced QBs the quality of BU and WVU. Get past SMU by 1 or 2 points and then hope to outscore ISU by one or 2 and then hope to beat BU by about 45-42.

SnoopFrogs11

We can control the tempo and beat both West Virginia and Baylor if can somehow get a running game going again with Waymon out. Tucker is going to have to step it up and they need to go to Catalon more than they did against Virginia.

sandiegojack

I watched some of the game and do not think that Geno Smith got his once. Imperative to figure out a way to get him out of rhythm and put some solid hits on him.

sdj

tcufrogprince1

Gary knows how to beat teams like this. I dont know if any of yall recall the tech game a few years ago where we held them to 3. Roddog can fill everyone in on the details of that game.

back_in_black

Moderators
Reminded me of rg3 versus tcu but worse. 55 is possible if we play awesome

Will be interesting to see if we play base defense like we have so far or whether he takes risks in hopes of disrupting the flow. If we play more of a prevent we can certainly tackle and cover better than either of these defenses did today.

Didn't see the Maryland game but wondering what they did to slow WVU down.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Gary knows how to beat teams like this. I dont know if any of yall recall the tech game a few years ago where we held them to 3. Roddog can fill everyone in on the details of that game.

That was a different Defense, this will be more like Baylor last year with RGIII.

SnoSki

I remember that game. I try to forget that tech murdered us that day in strength of schedule.

Nolaeer

WVU's best rb, the one who pass blocks well, and runs the ball, did not play against Terps or Baylor. Neither did our fullback.

I know they dont play defense, but they give WVU a ball control option when they play. Alston is a beast at 240 lbs. Has a deep thigh bruise from 2nd game. Should be back for Texas. let's see how WVU handles the Horns with its full compliment of players before tossing them under the bus.

Cougar/Frog

Only ISU, K St, UT, and TCU play defense in the Big 12. OU used to play defense but seems top have forgotten how. I suspect this is not the only game with a total over 90 this season in the B12.