• The KillerFrogs

We better not get screwed out of the Texas Bowl

Metropolis777

Despite the beat down today, the committee will have a hard time ignoring the drubbing tOSU took from Purdue and the luck it took to beat MD.

Because of that a 12-1 OU is in the CFP over 12-1 tOSU. That puts Texas - by contract in the Sugar Bowl.

Conversely, if Texas beats OU, an 11-2 OU is not being left out of the NY6.

All that said, here’s how it ends up:

CFP/Sugar/Fiesta/Peach - OU & Texas

Alamo/Camping World - ISU & WVU

Texas/Cheez It/Liberty - TCU, Baylor, OkSt

Armed Forces - at large

Purple Cavalier

Despite the beat down today, the committee will have a hard time ignoring the drubbing tOSU took from Purdue and the luck it took to beat MD.

Because of that a 12-1 OU is in the CFP over 12-1 tOSU. That puts Texas - by contract in the Sugar Bowl.

Conversely, if Texas beats OU, an 11-2 OU is not being left out of the NY6.

All that said, here’s how it ends up:

CFP/Sugar/Fiesta/Peach - OU & Texas

Alamo/Camping World - ISU & WVU

Texas/Cheez It/Liberty - TCU, Baylor, OkSt

Armed Forces - at large

You’re optimistic that both OU and Texas play in the NY6 if UT wins Saturday. But I like your thinking. My preference is either Texas or Liberty. Hard to get to Tempe the day after Christmas.

Metropolis777

You’re optimistic that both OU and Texas play in the NY6 if UT wins Saturday. But I like your thinking. My preference is either Texas or Liberty. Hard to get to Tempe the day after Christmas.

The LSU loss just helped a lot. If OU loses to Texas again, you still gotta figure an 11-2 OU is ranked ahead of 9-3 PSU, LSU, UF, & UK.

I’m more concerned that tOSU pulls like 2014 and gets in CFP over OU. That would throw a wrench in my prediction

Purple Cavalier

The LSU loss just helped a lot. If OU loses to Texas again, you still gotta figure an 11-2 OU is ranked ahead of 9-3 PSU, LSU, UF, & UK.

I’m more concerned that tOSU pulls like 2014 and gets in CFP over OU. That would throw a wrench in my prediction

Last year the Big12 ChampGame loser (TCU) was left out of the NY6. Youre guessing if OU wins and is snubbed, Texas’s name gets them there this year? I don’t know. I see them at the Alamo Bowl.

LeagueCityFrog

I think TCU Athletics should lobby for the Texas Bowl spot at NRG in Houston and try to get South Carolina or Vanderbilt as our opponent. Between the two I would pick South Carolina. NRG has been further updated when they recently hosted the Super Bowl, casual fans would watch a TCU vs South Carolina game nationally on TV, TCU fans would show up at that game. Let's do it and I'm ready to buy our tickets.

I also predict low TCU fan turnout if we get sent to Memphis so soon and low turnout for a Cheez-it bowl. Food for thought.

Metropolis777

Last year the Big12 ChampGame loser (TCU) was left out of the NY6. Youre guessing if OU wins and is snubbed, Texas’s name gets them there this year? I don’t know. I see them at the Alamo Bowl.

No. That’s the only scenario I am concerned about. If OU is snubbed, only 1 Big 12 team goes to the NY6 (OU to the Sugar).

But, if OU makes the CFP, the Sugar is contractually obligated to take the Big 12 runner up.

asleep003

We might get the Texas Bowl if OU sneaks into the playoff. Otherwise, no way.

Sugar-OU/Texas winner

Alamo - the loser

Camping World - WVu

Texas - Iowa State

Liberty looks likely

Tempe wouldn’t be awful (it’s early)- Cheez-it

Why stay home for Ft. Worth Armed Services Bowl

Believe there is also a Gator twice in a 4 year period thingy, and in 1 of those 2 years they don't take the B12 team, the Sun Bowl will have that option.... it's weird

Mean Purple

We will have beaten both Baylor and Oklahoma State, the other 2 teams under consideration for it.
School will take whatever works best for the student players and gives a good tv matchup. Liberty is not a bad option. Would like be that or Texas bowl.

Mean Purple

Purple Cavalier pretty much nailed it. There’s a selection order, the Bowls have their pick, and they don’t “have to” take the teams in order of finish. Depends on whether OU makes the playoff, but we’re probably looking at Liberty or Cheez-It.
If OU goes CFP, it is likely Texas bowl.