• The KillerFrogs

Vype: Inside the recruiting of Johnathan Gray

cdsfrog

Top 5?

Austin is nice, but not that nice.

Though thats just an opinion, so me writing this post is basically useless.

Austin is cool to visit for 1 or 2 days. Some of my family lives in dripping springs, I'm there 3 times a year.

Top 5 in the country? heck no

UT has all the money in the world now, they also have all the media under their "wing"/power. Deep pockets and controlled evangelism = lots of leverage to seize recruits and championships.

TCUFrogs

"In the end, Johnathan said it was the feeling he had while meeting Texas coach Mack Brown and his wife Sally, in his UT offices"

Bottom line: He picked Mack Brown over Coach P. And there lies all the difference. 2 very different coaches. I know who I pick as the better football coach.

Sponger

Austin is cool to visit for 1 or 2 days. Some of my family lives in dripping springs, I'm there 3 times a year.

Top 5 in the country? heck no

having lived in Pennsylvalia, Connecticut, Orange County, Pheonix, Dallas, Fort Worth, and Austin...I think I can comfortably say that Austin is by FAR the best place to live....in terms of what I look for in a community. If money wasn't an issue and I didn't have kids, then Orance County. Having recently relocated a business here and relocating tons of employees from around the country (Seattle, Atlanta, Chicago, Boston, and Denver)...this is also the consensus.

Just one worthless opinion.

guerinrules

Most, not all, but most of you sound like the guy that asks a girl out and when she says no, you start disparaging her for no reason.
Hopefully, other potential recruits will read this vitriol and maybe look elsewhere.
\,,/

jake102

I think most recruits that have every opportunity to learn about TCU and end up not picking us are pretty dumb. yeah, we have a lot of running backs, but that should be even more of a reason to want to come here.

It doesn't really matter now... he plays for UT, I hope he crashes and burns like the rest of them. If he doesn't, then good for him.

mrhornedfrog

I am starting a donation for Johnathon for glasses or contacts.

If he thinks Boise uses all their players........yeah if your a receiver. I am sure he's going to change his philosophy of throwing 80% of the time just for Johnny. Not!!!!

Genbukan

He thought LHCGP was too intense and Mackie Mack was kewl.

He just wasn't a good fit for the frogs. Doesn't mean he's bad or dumb or making a mistake - he'll have a fine career at ut and get a shot at the NFL. And we'll find someone that in all probability, won't have quite as much talent as JG, but who will embrace the toughness and hard work that LHCGP demands. I'm pretty sure the Frogs are going to be competing at the very highest levels of college football for the next four or five years (at least). I think ut might reach that level once or twice in the same timeframe.

Frog Factor.... git ya some!

TCUFrogs

having lived in Pennsylvalia, Connecticut, Orange County, Pheonix, Dallas, Fort Worth, and Austin...I think I can comfortably say that Austin is by FAR the best place to live....in terms of what I look for in a community. If money wasn't an issue and I didn't have kids, then Orance County. Having recently relocated a business here and relocating tons of employees from around the country (Seattle, Atlanta, Chicago, Boston, and Denver)...this is also the consensus.

Just one worthless opinion.

Disagree. Austin is way overrated and many problems -- today. People who talk about Austin either lived there many years ago or are just visiting. It has changed and not for the good.

TCUFrogs

I think most recruits that have every opportunity to learn about TCU and end up not picking us are pretty dumb. yeah, we have a lot of running backs, but that should be even more of a reason to want to come here.

It doesn't really matter now... he plays for UT, I hope he crashes and burns like the rest of them. If he doesn't, then good for him.

He can't play for any college yet. Signing day is February 2012. Until then, he can change his mind and pick any school he wants. It happens every year.

froginaustin

Disagree. Austin is way overrated and many problems -- today. People who talk about Austin either lived there many years ago or are just visiting. It has changed and not for the good.
This is what I like to see posted.

We need to discourage inflow of yankees, californians, dallasites, republicans and other undesirables and pests. They are crowding our city and driving our real estate prices into the stratosphere. Stay away!

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
This is what I like to see posted.

We need to discourage inflow of yankees, californians, dallasites, republicans and other undesirables and pests. They are crowding our city and driving our real estate prices into the stratosphere. Stay away!

I definitely go around Austin anytime I get close to that city. Traffic is idiotically horrendous and its just not a good city to be in.

FROGDADDY

Most, not all, but most of you sound like the guy that asks a girl out and when she says no, you start disparaging her for no reason.
Hopefully, other potential recruits will read this vitriol and maybe look elsewhere.
\,,/

Because we all know there is no vitriol on any UT forum. Talk about dumb comments.

Houston Frog

Its funny how hard some people defend Gray on here.

I think it's funny how so many TCU fans are looking for every possible reason to not like this kid and rip him every time anyone does an article on him, no matter what he says or doesn't say. We sound like a group of girlfriends talking about one of the girl's ex-boyfriend who just dumped her

This kid did absolutely nothing wrong, he just liked another school better than us.... BFD, move on

Houston Frog

Agree. Like someone said above, the second he chose UT I stopped caring one bit aboit the kid. Don't wish anything bad on him, just couldn't care less.

I'm totally fine with people not caring one way or another, it's just the people who feel the need to critique everything he's ever said and call him an idiot and say we're better off without his dumbarse at TCU, yada yada yada that confuse me. If the kid did anything stupid or classless at all, I'd be fine with it, but I find everyone's reasoning behind their Gray-hate to be a little odd.... HIS FAVORITE COLOR IS BLUE?!?!?! HE LIKES MEXICAN FOOD?!?! WHAT A BLEEPING IDIOT, I HOPE HE TEARS HIS ACL!!!!

People are just reaching for things to dislike him for, and I find it amusing/odd, that's all. Not everyone who doesn't think TCU is the greatest thing on the planet is a complete and total dumbarse. He chose another school, whatever.

And the funny thing is, if he liked TCU less than he did, we wouldn't care one way or another, the only reason anyone cares is because he actually really like TCU and got our hopes up, and now everyone's butt-hurt