• The KillerFrogs

Vype: Inside the recruiting of Johnathan Gray

berryfrog95

1) Once again I still stand that they were 'toying' with TCU

2) Manuel's is not THAT great, I live in Austin and it's not close to my top 5 Mexican restaurants here, lol.

3) Like most of you said, Boise had lowest offensive output in quite sometime vs. TCU

3a) His logic from just watching one game vs. Boise seems foolish, especially the way they use their Rb's.

4) They're right about Austin being one of the best places to live, I agree with top 10 in country

5) I don't care anymore

JugbandFrog

I don't care about him either way. I wish we would have the opportunity to shut UT, their fancy new offense down. Too bad we won't play them unless it is in some BCS bowl.

frogman

Only thing that I care about is that he cost us an RB or two during last year and this year .I hope our coaches learn the lesson.and not get bitten by rope again.
As for as Grays are cocerned ,there must have been some indication to TCU coaches where Grays stood.In the end MONY talks,nough said .we lost.Hope we learned the lesson ,Bird in hand is worth two in bushes.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
I'm totally fine with people not caring one way or another, it's just the people who feel the need to critique everything he's ever said and call him an idiot and say we're better off without his dumbarse at TCU, yada yada yada that confuse me. If the kid did anything stupid or classless at all, I'd be fine with it, but I find everyone's reasoning behind their Gray-hate to be a little odd.... HIS FAVORITE COLOR IS BLUE?!?!?! HE LIKES MEXICAN FOOD?!?! WHAT A BLEEPING IDIOT, I HOPE HE TEARS HIS ACL!!!!

People are just reaching for things to dislike him for, and I find it amusing/odd, that's all. Not everyone who doesn't think TCU is the greatest thing on the planet is a complete and total dumbarse. He chose another school, whatever.

And the funny thing is, if he liked TCU less than he did, we wouldn't care one way or another, the only reason anyone cares is because he actually really like TCU and got our hopes up, and now everyone's butt-hurt

I think it is interesting to see why kids pick one school over another and yes it is also fun to pick at those reasons, especially when you have a kid like Gray who you think is doing it the right way and then it comes down to what?

He liked UT because of the hype and all else associated with it being "Texas". That is fine but come on, quit all the pre-selection BS and just say it. I don't dislike him and he is just a kid, a little older than his classmates, but still a kid. Kids like the big cars, video games, etc. UT fits the profile, TCU is too workman-like (the football program, not the school).

I fell for the Gray is different than most kids coming out of HS, but these quotes and comments show he is just like 99% of HSers off the football field. Nothing wrong with it, just not the typical TCU type recruit.

YA

Happy for the guy that he found a place for him. Don't wish ill will on him or call his family fools like a certain freshman.

He will go down like other ut recruits in my mind by saying who cares how they do at ut or wherever. He is not at TCU and I will focus my energy and time on guys that want to be at TCU.

Mike Brooks

Agree Jugband... I guess Obi Wan should have given Anakin a backrub and pat on the back when he chose the dark side. He is now the enemy.

Austin, while very cool 20 years ago, is now the largest, most congested dooosh farm on the planet. The best thing about that dooosh nest is it is close enough for weekend trips to Marble Falls, Fredericksburg, Boerne, SA, etc.

I hope he stays healthy. That is all.

Mr. Uy

I grew up in Austin, and much like him, I decided to move three hours away to try something new. I don't blame him at all for that. And for what its worth, Manuels is a great restaurant, and near my parents house!

2314@work

Contributor
Apártate que me tiznas, dijo la sartén al cazo

that's spanish for pot calling a kettle black.
ronwashingtonlaughing.jpg

+1

50FT FROG

I'm totally fine with people not caring one way or another, it's just the people who feel the need to critique everything he's ever said and call him an idiot and say we're better off without his dumbarse at TCU, yada yada yada that confuse me. If the kid did anything stupid or classless at all, I'd be fine with it, but I find everyone's reasoning behind their Gray-hate to be a little odd.... HIS FAVORITE COLOR IS BLUE?!?!?! HE LIKES MEXICAN FOOD?!?! WHAT A BLEEPING IDIOT, I HOPE HE TEARS HIS ACL!!!!

People are just reaching for things to dislike him for, and I find it amusing/odd, that's all. Not everyone who doesn't think TCU is the greatest thing on the planet is a complete and total dumbarse. He chose another school, whatever.

And the funny thing is, if he liked TCU less than he did, we wouldn't care one way or another, the only reason anyone cares is because he actually really like TCU and got our hopes up, and now everyone's butt-hurt

+1

jake102

it's not about defending anyone. it's about showing at least a teeny, tiny bit of maturity and/or class.

No, a lot of it is the same type of deal as the love fest over Matt Brown and the predictions that he was going to blow by Pachall.

I guess he could be a great kid... but I don't understand how he has completely avoided the primadonna status. Either way, let's hope he loses a lot of games!

50FT FROG

No, a lot of it is the same type of deal as the love fest over Matt Brown and the predictions that he was going to blow by Pachall.

I guess he could be a great kid... but I don't understand how he has completely avoided the primadonna status. Either way, let's hope he loses a lot of games!

+100

TCU2012

I personally know Fozzy and he is a good guy and he's always been about grades. He just happened to be good at football. Never thought he would actually take part in something I had emotional investment in (TCU Football) besides high school football.

I will wish Johnathan well, but hope UT goes 6-7 every year.

2314@work

Contributor
I personally know Fozzy and he is a good guy and he's always been about grades. He just happened to be good at football. Never thought he would actually take part in something I had emotional investment in (TCU Football) besides high school football.

I will wish Johnathan well, but hope UT goes 6-7 every year.

I don't. 6-7 means they went to a bowl. 5-7 will be just fine :wink:

DannyAdelante

Wow, just read through the rest of this thread there. The metaphor has been used before, but a lot of "jealous girlfriend" comments in there. Obviously most fans on here are going to be biased towards TCU, but that doesn't mean objectivity should go out the window.

Texas plays in front of 100,000 people every home game. TCU plays in front of about 40,000 - a large chunk of whom spend most of the game in the parking lot.
Mack Brown has brought his team to two of the last six national title games, winning one. TCU has never been to one.
Mack Brown has coached Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson, Jamaal Charles, Selvin Young - all NFL starters at one point. Gary Patterson has coached LaDainian Tomlinson.
The Longhorns will have their own TV network by the time Gray gets there. We have to play Friday night games to get some exposure.

Apart from 2010, can anyone remember when the last time TCU finished a season ranked ahead of UT? I can't. I have a feeling that it was before I was born.

Boise State ran the ball 37 times a game last season, and passed it 32 times a game. Someone here said they passed 80% of the time?!
Boise State's top rusher Doug Martin ran for more yards than Ed Wesley last season. Yes, TCU had a better rushing attack overall, but I'm sure Gray will be just fine sharing time with Malcolm Brown and (maybe) Traylon Shead in Harsin's offense.

There are tons of reasons that it would make sense to pick Texas over UT. None of them make him or his family crazy. And it doesn't suddenly make Johnathan a lazy kid who doesn't want to work.

I wish Gray came to TCU. He seems like a good kid, and he's got bags of talent. You don't turn down players like that - he would have helped the team a lot. Yes, it's disappointing that he's not coming, but he's an 18 year old kid. Most of us are grown men. Don't we have more class than to bash a local high school kid?!