• The KillerFrogs

USC has 17,500 students

cdsfrog

Ahh, got it. I thought that he was a freshman at TCU in '91, and assuming you're a spring chicken, I felt old. Then you made some comment about kids going to TCU in 20 years and I was thinking to myself, "what the hell is going on over at CDS?"...

Stay - single - long - time....

Oh no my dad is 62, he actually went to UT in 67-71 then got his law degree. Worked for a huge corporate law firm in Georgia for a few years and hated it. Went back for PhD in education, he's the type of guy I hate arguing with because even if I am right he presents his case so well that I just assume I am wrong.

And married since 23.....lol guess I didnt follow that advice much. On the plus side she cooks all the time :biggrin:

froginaustin

Haha you are such a freshman. Don't worry, we all were at one time.

Anyways, it means your perspective can shift based on the amount of time you spend having your life being affected by certain things. Are you going to try to tell a veteran what war is like? Would you tell Tiger Woods what it's like to play in the Masters? Don't try to tell a current student what life on campus is like.

. . ..
:laugh:

Comparing the college experience of a second year student to the golf experience of Tiger Woods or the military experience of a war veteran is a new standard for sophomoric action.

:rolleyes:

ED: I posted the above without reading through the thread. My apologies. DIE, THREAD!

Oh, and on the size issue, having more experience than I really wanted on the UTx Austin campus, I can tell you that their "40 acres" campus should be as nice as any I've ever seen (except maybe Rice's), but it isn't. Despite spending a fortune on groundskeeping and maintenance, the grass and landscaping is worn and frayed at best. There is trash all around, and the buildings are dirty. Large parts of the campus smell faintly of garbage and unwashed bodies*. There are just too many people around for an ideal environment.

*I wondered why the place smelled like unwashed bodies while walking across campus during the 11:00 a.m. class change, then I remembered how many college kids leap out of bed and throw on yesterday's clothing to rush to class at the last minute. :biggrin: When one is shoulder-to-shoulder with ~15k of them, even a long-time cigar smoker can notice the smell.

YCBJ Frog

What med school are you at? Good luck 3rd year, it was a big learning curve learning new computer systems, how to manage pts, writing notes, horrible hours etc.

I'm at LSU New Orleans (that should narrow it down to just me among the TCU class of 2007). Yeah, I'm mentally preparing myself for an arse whooping. I'm also starting in the NICU at children's hospital--it's not going to be an easy beginning.

TCUMed

I feel ya. Started on surgery and hated life during most of it. Favorite part of my day was seeing the sun come up bc I felt like other people were starting to get up and I wasn't the only one awake anymore. Surgery just wasn't for me though, I had classmates who just lived and breathed it. Followed that up with psych which was as opposite as you could get - get there around 7 and pretty much done by 1130 so just awesome! You have any idea what you want to do?

monkeyfishfrog

I feel ya. Started on surgery and hated life during most of it. Favorite part of my day was seeing the sun come up bc I felt like other people were starting to get up and I wasn't the only one awake anymore. Surgery just wasn't for me though, I had classmates who just lived and breathed it. Followed that up with psych which was as opposite as you could get - get there around 7 and pretty much done by 1130 so just awesome! You have any idea what you want to do?

What year did you graduate from TCU? I graduated in '07, just curious if we knew each other. Probably did if you were between 06 and 08...

SnoSki

What children's hospital?

Wife's friend works in children's medical center in Dallas, previously worked in the NICU. That is a tough place to work. Wife is a PA there in children's emergency medicine.

my wife just applied to the PA program at UNTHSC on camp bowie... where did yours go?

TCUMed

What year did you graduate from TCU? I graduated in '07, just curious if we knew each other. Probably did if you were between 06 and 08...
'07 as well; looks like our class is well represented on this board. Am a 4th year at A&M now. I'm sure we knew each other, or at least would recognize each other which is the nice thing about a small school. Was in BYX while at TCU and played on the club soccer team. Also was "involved" with AED which meant I went to "The Talk" and occasional admissions dean meetings. Good to see fellow 07 alums!

monkeyfishfrog

Haha.. yep, I know you both well. Trelvis, I was your neighbor-ish in brachman. You may have been a couple doors down, don't remember. And of course I know TCU Med, who probably was on the same club soccer team as trelvis' old roommate. In fact I think I'm facebook friends with all of you. Creepy internet message boards!

Trelvis

Haha.. yep, I know you both well. Trelvis, I was your neighbor-ish in brachman. You may have been a couple doors down, don't remember. And of course I know TCU Med, who probably was on the same club soccer team as trelvis' old roommate. In fact I think I'm facebook friends with all of you. Creepy internet message boards!

Brachman! There are a few Brachman people on here I know of.

The Class of 07 is well represented also. There are like 6 or 7 that I know of.

tcumaniac

'07 as well; looks like our class is well represented on this board. Am a 4th year at A&M now. I'm sure we knew each other, or at least would recognize each other which is the nice thing about a small school. Was in BYX while at TCU and played on the club soccer team. Also was "involved" with AED which meant I went to "The Talk" and occasional admissions dean meetings. Good to see fellow 07 alums!

hmmm.. TCU Med. Who are you?

TCUMed

I know very few people in brachman, so you have narrowed yourself down. Were you an RA?