• The KillerFrogs

USC has 17,500 students

Gunner

That is what TCU should do. Increase the size of the school. Forget the housing, the real estate folks will react if the students come. Build a high rise, if necessary.

Solves so many problems.

What do you think.

Gunner posting on another computer

FROGDADDY

That is what TCU should do. Increase the size of the school. Forget the housing, the real estate folks will react if the students come. Build a high rise, if necessary.

Solves so many problems.

What do you think.

The size of the school is one of the main reasons I went to TCU.

AEAfrog

Solves so many problems.

What do you think.

Are you really posing this question twice in one week?

Big Frog II

Even though I would like to see TCU around 10,000, USC's size in my opinion is larger than what I would like TCU to become.

Planks

Solves so many problems.

What do you think.

Housing is a complete disaster as it is right now. Lots of unhappy students. I don't even want to think of what it would be like with 10K extra students...

tcumaniac

Family_Guy_Stewie_Chat_Total_Idiot_Black_Shirt.jpg

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Housing is a complete disaster as it is right now. Lots of unhappy students. I don't even want to think of what it would be like with 10K extra students...
What's the current housing problem?

As for growing - it could be done if/when frats & sororities are allowed off-campus, perhaps on the Honor System (no police calls or damaged houses in past 3-4 years? You can go off-campus. If you or your members are consistently on the TCU/FW police blotter - NO GO.)

oldscribe

A selfish note: I don't want TCU to grow in numbers......just in the last 2-3 years our part of town (1-2 miles from campus) has become a haven for students who don't live on campus.....their parents buy a home in a nice neighborhood and let the kids and their friends live there (better than having them live at home I guess), and believe me, it has a bad effect on the neighborhood. Too many cars/trucks parked on the street, some loud parties, occasionally visits from the police....stuff we didn't have before. Maybe we just lucked into some bad students insted of good ones, but it is something that will become an issue between the school and its neighboring communities if there is more growth.

Big Frog II

A selfish note: I don't want TCU to grow in numbers......just in the last 2-3 years our part of town (1-2 miles from campus) has become a haven for students who don't live on campus.....their parents buy a home in a nice neighborhood and let the kids and their friends live there (better than having them live at home I guess), and believe me, it has a bad effect on the neighborhood. Too many cars/trucks parked on the street, some loud parties, occasionally visits from the police....stuff we didn't have before. Maybe we just lucked into some bad students insted of good ones, but it is something that will become an issue between the school and its neighboring communities if there is more growth.
That is becoming a problem. TCU students use to rent those small frame/brick houses right around campus or apartments. Now their parents are buying them homes in Tanglewood, Overton Park, etc. and that is beginning to be a big problem. All the other homeowners can do is call the police when the "parties" get out of control.