• The KillerFrogs

USC and UCLA to the Big 10?

Cougar/Frog

Too bad the Big 12 wasn't patient and waited. Adding Utah, Colorado, Arizona and Arizona State sounds much better than Houston, UCF, BYU and Cincinnati.
The B12 was in danger of dying. Instead it got to remain viable with the P5 and arguably in the top 3. OU and Texas were pushing for a complete breakup, so as to avoid exit fees. Sour grapes now is silly.

Plus ASU Ariz and CU are all worse at football than the new teams. And BYU has a better national brand than Utah.

Chongo94

The B12 was in danger of dying. Instead it got to remain viable with the P5 and arguably in the top 3. OU and Texas were pushing for a complete breakup, so as to avoid exit fees. Sour grapes now is silly.

Plus ASU Ariz and CU are all worse at football than the new teams. And BYU has a better national brand than Utah.
They may be worse but they certainly have more brand recognition and whatnot than Cincinnati and UCF and UH. And sadly, that’s what the name of the game is these days.

But yeah, the big 12 had to do something then and there, they had no choice.

Realtorfrog

It’s all about dollars and eyeballs. Neither team has been relevant in years! I don’t see the appeal of the Big 10. Slow, boring football. Time for the PAC and Big 12 to merge, making probably the best conference top to bottom in most sports.

asleep003

Too bad the Big 12 wasn't patient and waited. Adding Utah, Colorado, Arizona and Arizona State sounds much better than Houston, UCF, BYU and Cincinnati.
I agree Academically, as 3 of those 4 are AAU schools ... though still agree the newbies' programs are more recently impressive athletically.
However, NIL will eliminated the future status of the # of AAU schools in your conference.

Big Frog II

Adding UH, UCF, BYU, and Cincinnati was not a bad move. You can still add Utah. Colorado, and the Arizona schools to give you a really good conference. I have to believe Oregon, Washington, Stanford, and Cal go to the Big 10.

Froggy Style

I don't think any of these do much in a group of four, but all of them together adds three states with little competition, three large cities, and one rabid religion. As a whole, that would look pretty good to the TV folks. Add in Washington and Oregon, and you're cooking with fire.

Likely a pipedream, but gotta have a plan.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)

"USC and UCLA, two of the Pac-12's flagship programs, were notified Thursday night that their application to join the Big Ten has been accepted.

The schools will begin play in the conference in 2024.

The vote was unanimous when Big Ten presidents and chancellors met on the addition of the two schools on Thursday evening, a source told ESPN's Adam Rittenberg."

Nick Danger

If this is legit and they get accepted, it very well could signal the end of the PAC-12 as a viable Power 5 conference.
But it is curious that both Oregon and Washington have moved at warp speed (in concert) to send in their "application", and that the Big-10 Board would be moving at Trans-Warp speed to approve their application the same day!? You would think all this was pre-arranged! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Gringo1873

Same - I don't want to be apart of this mega league monstrosity. Because I will be heavily rooting against it to fail. I want it to fail so badly that the big schools have to come back to the bargaining table with the small schools.
This will never happen. This is not the way the world works.

NORMLFROG

Thanks for the Monday morning quarterbacking. NOBODY could have predicted this and if they tell you they KNEW this would happen they're full of [ Finebaum ].

NF