• The KillerFrogs

USC and UCLA to the Big 10?

Eight

agree with lvh that it happening now in the long run is a good thing

biggest challenge to me is not being in whatever version of the power conferences remains but getting those left behind to work together and be willing to accept that you aren't an elite program in terms of brand regardless of your success on the field

does anyone think tech, baylor, ok state and such are ready to accept what is happening and build something out of what remains or do they still see themselves on the same level of market recognition as those who have left?

Eight

TCU is in a very unsettling position now but I continue to believe that a smaller top tier of football is bad for TV/Media and it paid partners. If popularity and viewership are negatively effected how does that increase revenue in the sport? Creating a CFB version of the NFL seems extremely risky.

you think someone actually has a plan in all this other than the mouse trying to control all the content?

the ncaa hasn't has a say in this in decades and outside the two conferences everyone else is responding.

Paul in uhh

remember that the money maker for basketball is the tournament and that at this time is still under control on the ncaa

heck, kansas could simply be no different than villanova or gonzaga where basically all the resources in the athletic department go to basketball
We might be there one day

LVH

remember that the money maker for basketball is the tournament and that at this time is still under control on the ncaa

heck, kansas could simply be no different than villanova or gonzaga where basically all the resources in the athletic department go to basketball
This is the leverage the smaller schools need to use against the MEGA LEAGUE.

If the MEGA LEAGUE decides to shut out those not invited from any playoff or scheduling, then those not invited need to say we will not let you participate in March Madness. No way would a MEGA LEAGUE basketball postseason format be worth anywhere near the $2 billion that March Madness is.

CardFrog

Rutgers vs. UCLA........conference game. 2,800 miles and 3 time zones away.

So incredibly stupid.

And I'm aware of the fact that they'll hardly ever play each other. Which makes it even more stupid.
and put it on TV....and nobody watches it either.

Wexahu

TCU is in a very unsettling position now but I continue to believe that a smaller top tier of football is bad for TV/Media and it paid partners. If popularity and viewership are negatively effected how does that increase revenue in the sport? Creating a CFB version of the NFL seems extremely risky.
I can't imagine anyone would be interested in minor league professional football with zero salary cap and almost unlimited player movement.

Seriously, it just sounds like an awful product. I think people are so conditioned to love college football that it's gonna take some time, but I can't imagine the game's popularity not taking a huge hit over time.

LVH

The non revenue sports are scheissed when it comes to these east coast-west coast teams being in the same league....will literally kill them off.
What the MEGA LEAGUE would want to do is separate football from the rest of the sports - the MEGA LEAGUE is a football only operation. And then create more regional conferences in the other sports.

If I were a program not in the MEGA LEAGUE I would say, to hell with that. You want your football only MEGA LEAGUE? No March Madness for you. No Women's College World Series for you. No Men's College World Series for you.

Eight

This is the leverage the smaller schools need to use against the MEGA LEAGUE.

If the MEGA LEAGUE decides to shut out those not invited from any playoff or scheduling, then those not invited need to say we will not let you participate in March Madness. No way would a MEGA LEAGUE basketball postseason format be worth anywhere near the $2 billion that March Madness is.

key is that the ncaa who controls that contract has no real leadership as they haven't replaced emmert

the damage to college sports outside of football for the cluster of schools is going to be significant

mwe2187

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 3.57.12 PM.png

Who would've thought after the OUT moves, that a year later could see the Big 12 poised to be a remaining conference when things inevitably went to a SuperConference 4

Froggish

you think someone actually has a plan in all this other than the mouse trying to control all the content?

the ncaa hasn't has a say in this in decades and outside the two conferences everyone else is responding.
NCAA has been a dinosaur on the verge of extinction for a while. This new super league will cut them out all together. My point is the ESPN and FOXs of the world need viewership to pay the bills. If less people give a ___ about watching football because their schools have been told they aren’t worthy of playing at the top tier of the sport, they will lose money. There is a potential risk of sucking money out of the sport by forcing relegation. They are betting that you and I, along with all of the other fans of schools that got left behind, will continue to massively consume their product. That’s risky.

vicarfrog

So, who do you think ADJD is talking to today?

What would you be doing if you were him?

fight club GIF

LVH

NCAA has been a dinosaur on the verge of extinction for a while. This new super league will cut them out all together. My point is the ESPN and FOXs of the world need viewership to pay the bills. If less people give a ___ about watching football because their schools have been told they aren’t worthy of playing at the top tier of the sport, they will lose money. There is a potential risk of sucking money out of the sport by forcing relegation. They are betting that you and I, along with all of the other fans of schools that got left behind, will continue to massively consume their product. That’s risky.
I know I wouldn't watch it.

There would be a lot of bitter grapes among fanbases not apart of this inevitable MEGA LEAGUE.

Eight

big part of this problem has been that college football and basketball have basically been pro sports for a very long time with no one body overseeing the teams and conferences insuring that the decisions made are in the best interest of the collective and not certain groups.

we are quickly headed to something that college sports has been headed for a very long time and i find it interesting that the mouse network is championing 50 years of title ix and yet been one of the prime drivers in what is going to happen to college sports over the next decade or so.

Froggish

big part of this problem has been that college football and basketball have basically been pro sports for a very long time with no one body overseeing the teams and conferences insuring that the decisions made are in the best interest of the collective and not certain groups.

we are quickly headed to something that college sports has been headed for a very long time and i find it interesting that the mouse network is championing 50 years of title ix and yet been one of the prime drivers in what is going to happen to college sports over the next decade or so.
NCAA has been relinquishing its control over to a select number of programs and media partners. It should be no surprise that they now are being victimized by what is essentially a hostile take over. Their job was to protect all of the schools involved with college Athletics and they pissed on everyone

Cougar/Frog

If this happens, Washington and Oregon should also go, as they have the next best brands. Cal and Stanford would give the B1G California dominance, which gives fewer actual fans and watchers than it would seem, but would be very valuable nonetheless.

The B12 needs to position itself as the no. 3 conference. There is no way to get higher than that for TV value, but being the third Have is better than dying off.