• The KillerFrogs

Update on Recruiting Weekend?

GlendarrochFrog

No i think that's called racism. You should send that to all of your black friends and see if they find it as humorous as you do. Not trying to overreact, but if i were a recruits mom and was black i probably wouldn't be amused.

edit: or to take the recruit's mom out of it. If weren't a racist (which I'm not), I don't find if amusing in the least. I don't know how a black kid pictured eating watermelon, spinning a basketball on his finger with a Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket in the background could be considered anything other than racist.

tcujsauce

Where did all these titty babies come from? And where have you been? I'm probably the 100th poster to use that gif on this site.

So, in other words...

tumblr_lz36n9WwkB1qzh2ygo1_400.gif

texas_sicilian

That post on the previous page is shameful, unbecoming of active students and alumni, and needs to go - now.

Where on earth are the mods in this place?

FrogSwagSurfin

texas_sicilian said:
That post on the previous page is shameful, unbecoming of active students and alumni, and needs to go - now.

Where on earth are the mods in this place?
I agree it should go, it could change a kids mind seeing that crap.

SAT Frog

Road Trip Frog said:
No i think that's called racism. You should send that to all of your black friends and see if they find it as humorous as you do. Not trying to overreact, but if i were a recruits mom and was black i probably wouldn't be amused.

edit: or to take the recruit's mom out of it. If weren't a racist (which I'm not), I don't find if amusing in the least. I don't know how a black kid pictured eating watermelon, spinning a basketball on his finger with a Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket in the background could be considered anything other than racist.
Really? You have no idea what race I am and it really shouldnt matter it was a joke, nothing more. Posters like are what have this board such a beating lately. This is what even thread has turned into the last year or so. Not going to turn this into another drawn out war of posts.

tcujsauce

Road Trip Frog said:
No i think that's called racism. You should send that to all of your black friends and see if they find it as humorous as you do.
I do. And they do.

Please take your midol and settle down, Nancy. Muchas gracias.

tcujsauce

SAT Frog said:
Really? You have no idea what race I am and it really shouldnt matter it was a joke, nothing more. Posters like are what have this board such a beating lately. This is what even thread has turned into the last year or so. Not going to turn this into another drawn out war of posts, going to go back to the safe confins of HASMSP.
What is a confin and how do we know those are safe?

But suriously. I generally try to be as non confrontational on this board as possible, but c'mon man. Glad there's at least a handful of people on here that haven't lost their grits.

Double V

People need to learn the difference between racism and stereotypes. If you think that an affinity for watermelons, basketball, and fried chicken makes someone an inferior human then yes, the gif is racist.

What about a gif of a white kid with nerdy glasses and a starbucks cup playing video games and who sucks at dancing? Would that be racist?