• The KillerFrogs

Update on Recruiting Weekend?

asleep003

TronCarter said:
Wisconsin. Show is over.

We have 3 WR commits... 2  at Rushing's rank or better already ... so lets focus on the OL, so these kids can have a QB with time enough to get the ball to them.

Cheers !

bsquared63

Road Trip Frog said:
No i think that's called racism. You should send that to all of your black friends and see if they find it as humorous as you do. Not trying to overreact, but if i were a recruits mom and was black i probably wouldn't be amused.

edit: or to take the recruit's mom out of it. If weren't a racist (which I'm not), I don't find if amusing in the least. I don't know how a black kid pictured eating watermelon, spinning a basketball on his finger with a Kentucky Fried Chicken bucket in the background could be considered anything other than racist.
It is poking fun at stupid racist stereotypes.  Its African American btw...have some respect and quit being so racist saying black.  It's not 1958...geez.

TX_Krötenechse

Mistletoad said:

We have 3 WR commits... 2  at Rushing's rank or better already ... so lets focus on the OL, so these kids can have a QB with time enough to get the ball to them.

Cheers !
We already have 5 OL and if we are being realistic, we probably aren't going to end up keeping Porter. We need another good WR in this class IMO, though of course I also want at least one more OL by the name of Smith ...

tcudoc

Walter Sobchak said:
It is poking fun at stupid racist stereotypes.  Its African American btw...have some respect and quit being so racist saying black.  It's not 1958...geez.
I saw an American reporter one time who was interviewing a black person in France and referred to the fact that she was an "African American."  The black french lady looked at her like she had lost her mind.

FrogSwagSurfin

I know we have one DT in this class but I want a DT that is 290 to 300 now. I'd rather see Bradley lose some weight to become a DE or a big LB., those LA kids are fast and mean as hell.  I don't see how a kid can gain 30lbs to 50lbs and remain the same player plus it is a gamble that it will work out.  Hunter and Pierson where close to that size coming in and this league it is has proven size is important. 

TX_Krötenechse

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
I know we have one DT in this class but I want a DT that is 290 to 300 now. I'd rather see Bradley lose some weight to become a DE or a big LB., those LA kids are fast and mean as hell.  I don't see how a kid can gain 30lbs to 50lbs and remain the same player plus it is a gamble that it will work out.  Hunter and Pierson where close to that size coming in and this league it is has proven size is important. 
Bradley is already 6'2 255. Not bad size for a DE. But I agree that it would be nice to get a DT, however there aren't many out there this year, so I don't mind a project so much.

Next season I bet we take a JUCO (maybe 2) and two-three HS DTs.

bsquared63

tcudoc said:
I saw an American reporter one time who was interviewing a black person in France and referred to the fact that she was an "African American."  The black french lady looked at her like she had lost her mind.
I'm sure it was highly offensive as well...

FrogSwagSurfin

Yep but I'd like a big DT to shadow Hunter and Pierson because they are a great example of players to follow.  Keep bringing in defense guys from LA, besides Fields and Verrett Louisiana has sourced our best players for the past couple of years.

Moose Stuff

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
Yep but I'd like a big DT to shadow Hunter and Pierson because they are a great example of players to follow.  Keep bringing in defense guys from LA, besides Fields and Verrett Louisiana has sourced our best players for the past couple of years.
Hackett and Sam Carter

Ron Swanson

GeorgeLanescaddy said:

I understand what you're saying and feel the same way in regards to recruiting bigger DTs, but try and name the last time that Patterson recruited a tweener type recruit, and then the kid ended up taking the smaller of the two positions.

Speed, speed, speed.... that's what Patterson cares about.

He will always turn LB/DE recruits into DEs and he will always turn DE/DT recruits into DTs.

Young and Horned

Ron Swanson said:

I understand what you're saying and feel the same way in regards to recruiting bigger DTs, but try and name the last time that Patterson recruited a tweener type recruit, and then the kid ended up taking the smaller of the two positions.

Speed, speed, speed.... that's what Patterson cares about.

He will always turn LB/DE recruits into DEs and he will always turn DE/DT recruits into DTs.

Yeah. It is all about the speed. Look at Seattle's D Line. I thought they should have collectively won the MVP. I haven't seen a DL read, react, and get to the ball better than then in a long time.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
tcudoc said:

Walter Sobchak said:
I'm sure it was highly offensive as well...
If she was French, she was probably more offended to be called American than African. 

berryfrog95

TX_Krötenechse said:
Bradley is already 6'2 255. Not bad size for a DE. But I agree that it would be nice to get a DT, however there aren't many out there this year, so I don't mind a project so much.

Next season I bet we take a JUCO (maybe 2) and two-three HS DTs.

it's going to be a mean recruiting trail for DL for 2015, UT and several other big xii schools are thin at that position here in the past recruting classes.

a&m has seemed to gobble them up the past 2 classes.....

Ron Swanson

Walter Sobchak said:
Im offended he called a French person American

#'Merica

tDzZHVm.jpg

froginmn

tcudoc said:
I remember something almost identical to this, when Jay Leno's wife made a comment about treatment of " African Americans in South Africa".

Brilliance

FrogSwagSurfin

Sure but we would have been screwed on the DL if it wasn't for Hunter, McFarland, and Lathan.  Lawson could be the next great DT on our line, he had a similar year to Lathan's 2012 season so next year should be good.  Pierson and Lewis are the two guys outside of LA that where major players.  Anderson, Tauna, and Koontz where great players but didn't have the impact that the others did and will have.

If Fields comes back as the same guy from two years ago we will be stacked but I am on the fence with Fields right now.   I am referring to some of the comments that GP made about his mindset this year (the robbery has nothing to do with my opinion).