• The KillerFrogs

Unbelievable- Bascik fired from The Ticket

AUFrog

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 28 2010, 11:10 PM) [snapback]552044[/snapback]
Good gosh where do I start?
You are a total idiot, fool.
I'll work backwards.
"Glass house" refers to a public figure who is always watched and anything he/she says or does is made public either by newspaper, TV or these gay, sophomoric social networking sites.
Personally, as a media member, I have been taught (especially when I worked and lived in small towns) that anything I say at the grocery store or where ever will be looked upon as something that came out of the mouth of an employee of the newspaper (or radio station when that was applicable) instead of just from the mouth of (2314). That is what "glass house" means. I thought anyone educated would know this.
And about the beginning of your rant - I am talking about a work of fiction. I have this idea to write a fiction book called "Message Board Murder."

So no, Dil, I am not going to "copy and paste" these posts.
Excellent fodder, however.
2314 thank$ you one and all! :laugh:

I don't think you should try working backwards anymore as you seem to have enough trouble just going forward. Everyone knows what the saying means, it's just that the way you used it didn't make any sense. You're talking about living in a fish bowl, not a glass house. The saying "Those who live in glass houses..." refers to those criticizing others when they aren't perfect, either. Someone who is constantly in the public eye can be said to be in a fish bowl because everyone can see what they're doing.

As for your book, please don't ever, ever suggest you're worthy of attempting to do something like Dan Jenkins. BTW, I can't wait to read your next article in Sports Illustrated.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(AUFrog @ Apr 29 2010, 10:31 AM) [snapback]552364[/snapback]
I don't think you should try working backwards anymore as you seem to have enough trouble just going forward. Everyone knows what the saying means, it's just that the way you used it didn't make any sense. You're talking about living in a fish bowl, not a glass house. The saying "Those who live in glass houses..." refers to those criticizing others when they aren't perfect, either. Someone who is constantly in the public eye can be said to be in a fish bowl because everyone can see what they're doing.

As for your book, please don't ever, ever suggest you're worthy of attempting to do something like Dan Jenkins. BTW, I can't wait to read your next article in Sports Illustrated.

Probably wouldn't get published but still want to write a manuscript. I don't consider myself on Dan Jenkins level - that man is a genius. Uh, about 0.0000000001 of all sports writers make it to SI, so your little remark is ignored. Why do you post with such hate and venom? I am sorry you hate your wife and life.
Fish Bowl is what I meant. Thank you for correcting me.
BTW, that was a pretty far-out post, huh?

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(AUFrog @ Apr 29 2010, 10:31 AM) [snapback]552364[/snapback]

You should write a book titled "How To Be A Bad Piggy" and just include lists of what you eat every day. I saw your breakfast regimen the other day. SHEESH!

Bad
49.gif
! BOP!
BOP.gif

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Apr 29 2010, 10:39 AM) [snapback]552375[/snapback]
You should write a book titled "How To Be A Bad Piggy" and just include lists of what you eat every day. I saw your breakfast regimen the other day. SHEESH!

Bad
49.gif
! BOP!
BOP.gif

Wait a minute FOAPy.
I have cut back on "bad piggy syndrome" with breakfast.
Instead of four bagel halves with Philly Cream Cheese chive and onion spread, four scrambled eggs and four sausage links, I have cut down to 2 bagel halves (with topping), two scrambled eggs and three sausage links.
Good piggy?

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 29 2010, 10:42 AM) [snapback]552385[/snapback]
Wait a minute FOAPy.
I have cut back on "bad piggy syndrome" with breakfast.
Instead of four bagel halves with Philly Cream Cheese chive and onion spread, four scrambled eggs and four sausage links, I have cut down to 2 bagel halves (with topping), two scrambled eggs and three sausage links.
Good piggy?

Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll no. You need to eat a Fiber One bar and a cup of black coffee and that is it.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Apr 29 2010, 10:55 AM) [snapback]552405[/snapback]
Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll no. You need to eat a Fiber One bar and a cup of black coffee and that is it.

I forgot to add I drink an entire pot of coffee BEFORE I put one morsel of food in my pie hole.
Fiber One? I wouldn't get off the toilet (add visual) if I did that. :wacko:

VictoryLap

QUOTE(Kingles @ Apr 29 2010, 08:11 AM) [snapback]552271[/snapback]
Such an uninformed opinion. You obviously are not a ticket listener or you wouldn't say such ignorant things. I used to listen to ESPN radio but after hearing Michael Irvin a few times too many, along with the blabberings of Mike and Mike, I switched to a significantly better, more interesting radio station.

I am no longer a Ticket listener. I listened to the Ticket for the better part of year before realizing it wasn't for me. I would just rather listen to ESPN or occasionally the fan.

ESPN didn't renew Michael Irvin's contract, I agree he was insufferable.

I guess my biggest dislike of the Ticket is Norm Hitzges- ingratiating analysis and a weird voice. He routinely sticks his foot in his mouth.

The funniest thing for me on the Ticket was the "Gay or not gay" bit- don't know if they still do that, but of course this was completely unrelated to sports.

steelfrog

Tier 1
QUOTE(VictoryLap @ Apr 29 2010, 04:55 PM) [snapback]552480[/snapback]
I am no longer a Ticket listener. I listened to the Ticket for the better part of year before realizing it wasn't for me. I would just rather listen to ESPN or occasionally the fan.

I guess my biggest dislike of the Ticket is Norm Hitzges- ingratiating analysis and a weird voice. He routinely sticks his foot in his mouth.

The funniest thing for me on the Ticket was the "Gay or not gay" bit- don't know if they still do that, but of course this was completely unrelated to sports.

Good Lord.

Norm is the only one worth listening to on there. Only one who does his homework. Bad time slot though. At least for Steel.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
QUOTE(VictoryLap @ Apr 29 2010, 11:55 AM) [snapback]552480[/snapback]

IDK, to me, in my opinion, Norm is one of the few redeeming things there. G.O.N.G. (never thought of it like that) is ok, actually good at times.

It's not that I never liked Ticket schtick. Heck, I couldn't get enough up until about a year ago. But it just dropped off in quality. And one other thing I hadn't seen mentioned - it's getting way too "inside" at times. It's like if you don't listen 24/7 and catch every little thing when it first happens, you're never going to get the obscure mentions later.

AUFrog

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 29 2010, 03:38 PM) [snapback]552373[/snapback]
Probably wouldn't get published but still want to write a manuscript. I don't consider myself on Dan Jenkins level - that man is a genius. Uh, about 0.0000000001 of all sports writers make it to SI, so your little remark is ignored. Why do you post with such hate and venom? I am sorry you hate your wife and life.
Fish Bowl is what I meant. Thank you for correcting me.
BTW, that was a pretty far-out post, huh?

So much hate and venom? Ha! Re-read your comments to me and others throughout this thread... Two wrongs doesn't make a right and I'm sorry I came back strongly and you didn't like that (sincerely). BTW, my life is pretty good and wife is very good to me!

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(AUFrog @ Apr 29 2010, 12:30 PM) [snapback]552513[/snapback]
BTW, my life is pretty good and wife is very good to me!

good for you
always love hearing Frog success stories
I lump you in the FFF group who takes life WAY TOO seriously.
Y'all go home and listen to the wife [Deleted] and moan and your under-appreciative kids tell you all the stuff you never get them and I'll go home today to my usual peace and quiet.
laughing-fem-emoticon.jpg

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 29 2010, 12:57 PM) [snapback]552550[/snapback]
good for you
Y'all go home and listen to the wife [Deleted] and moan and your under-appreciative kids tell you all the stuff you never get them and I'll go home today to my usual peace and quiet.
[/img]

And your bottle of Vaseline and a Glamour magazine.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Apr 29 2010, 01:01 PM) [snapback]552557[/snapback]
And your bottle of Vaseline and a Glamour magazine.

speak for yourself
man FOAP, that was a crude post.
embarrassing

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 29 2010, 01:10 PM) [snapback]552571[/snapback]
speak for yourself
man FOAP, that was a crude post.
embarrassing

Sorry brah. The truth hurts sometimes.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Apr 29 2010, 01:17 PM) [snapback]552581[/snapback]
Sorry brah. The truth hurts sometimes.

At least you don't have to talk afterwards (oops :rolleyes: )

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(steelfrog @ Apr 29 2010, 01:22 PM) [snapback]552589[/snapback]
Go get 'em 2314. Steel is firmly in your corner. Steel has your backside. Or something...

It's not that 2314 is not appreciative of steel's support, it's just 2314 wants to know why since 2314 always is on steel's case.
Should 2314 be ready for an RSF "sarcasm" post to follow?

steelfrog

Tier 1
Steel takes nothing personal. Steel just wanted 2314 to know that Steel would completely cover 2314's backside like a glove should 2314 need backup.

Steel enjoys seeing others giving it to the establishment. Steel roots for the underdog, and the downtrodden. 2314 is trodden all over by everyone, so Steel is on 2314's side and will cover, caress and hold 2314's backside in safety and comfort.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(steelfrog @ Apr 29 2010, 04:07 PM) [snapback]552796[/snapback]
Steel takes nothing personal. Steel just wanted 2314 to know that Steel would completely cover 2314's backside like a glove should 2314 need backup.

Steel enjoys seeing others giving it to the establishment. Steel roots for the underdog, and the downtrodden. 2314 is trodden all over by everyone, so Steel is on 2314's side and will cover, caress and hold 2314's backside in safety and comfort.

This SO would have won you the boot contest, dude........