• The KillerFrogs

Unbelievable- Bascik fired from The Ticket

713frog

QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Apr 28 2010, 03:05 PM) [snapback]551927[/snapback]
Your right. They could have been Mexican Americans who illegally immigrated to Mexico to work on their highways. In that case, they would have been dirty Americans.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

TPIRocks

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Apr 28 2010, 02:10 PM) [snapback]551899[/snapback]
He deserved it and Rhyner should also be fired.

Rhyner's dead

steelfrog

Tier 1
What's interesting about this is that most people (rightly) assume that drunken posts are more genuine than sober ones. That is, they are an unfiltered window into the poster's soul. Had Bacsic posted these while sober, he could have passed it off as schtick. There are some people who get their sick jollies out of dispensing online schtick. Being inveterate firebrands for the sake of creating controversy. Steel hates those kinds of people.

Bacsic and Mike Rhyner should both be fired immediately.

Question--had Rhyner posted this, would he have been fired? Instead of a no name?

Answer--NO WAY.

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 28 2010, 01:21 PM) [snapback]551856[/snapback]
I heard, and corporate is wrong.
BTW (LOL!), Paul the Damn Viking called in on The Hardline every week in the playoffs when the Vikings were alive.
V-I-K-I-N-G-S! LOL.

I think he actually called into the Hardline a few months ago after the loss to NOLA. He sounded a little down...not his normal self.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 28 2010, 02:05 PM) [snapback]551892[/snapback]
Houston ... and I was trying to be nice to you. :wacko:
Found the photos using and old and honored RSF method - google.

obsession1.jpg

OmniscienceFrog

QUOTE(Borat Sagdiyev @ Apr 28 2010, 11:51 AM) [snapback]551783[/snapback]
Seriously?

The ticket might be sports talk about 20% of the time, but it is 100x better than any of that other crap out there.

Yes, seriously. I see that station exactly opposite of you. There are probably 100 stations out there better than the crap The Schticket puts out.

YA

QUOTE(OmniscienceFrog @ Apr 28 2010, 03:53 PM) [snapback]551961[/snapback]
Yes, seriously. I see that station exactly opposite of you. There are probably 100 stations out there better than the crap The Schitet puts out.

Satellite radio folks is the way to go.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(YA @ Apr 28 2010, 04:01 PM) [snapback]551965[/snapback]
Satellite radio folks is the way to go.

Windows Media Player and iTunes offers a variety of stations as well ...

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(RSF @ Apr 28 2010, 03:53 PM) [snapback]551960[/snapback]
obsession1.jpg

Really Shack I was doing YOU a favor with that post.
I was feeding your obsession of thinking I am obsessed with your posts.
I just know you hate my guts (for whatever reason) and it gives me great pleasure to see you respond to EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY POSTS.
Google on, Shack
Waynes-World_l.jpg

dkfrog

1) When you are a member of the media, everything that you say (be it on air, in print, blog, twitter, facebook, etc) can be seen as Mike the sportscaster...and for that reason he was fired...because people could see his comments as coming from Mike the producer of Norm's show and Mike the weekend host...not Mike the mavs fan.

2) Those of you who bash the ticket might want to take a look at their ratings over, say, the past decade and a half...nobody is even close. So, they are obviously doing something right when programming the station. In my mind, people don't want to listen to idiotic callers, they don't want to hear about bad things happening in the world, they don't want to hear the same garbage music every hour, and they don't wan't deep strategy/stats/quote driven sports talk...people want an escape from their [Deleted]ty days at work/school/whatever...and the ticket gives them that.

Too bad for Mike, but as I've seen at other message boards that I frequent, he is very sorry for his comments...I'm sure he will land on his feet.

AUFrog

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 28 2010, 06:01 PM) [snapback]551848[/snapback]
People who live in glass houses, huh?

If you had written, "The problem here is too many chiefs and not enough Indians," that would have made exactly the same amount of sense as what your did write. Not after a pissing match but just think what is obvious to most in this instance is completely elusive to you.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(AUFrog @ Apr 28 2010, 04:28 PM) [snapback]551992[/snapback]
If you had written, "The problem here is too many chiefs and not enough Indians," that would have made exactly the same amount of sense as what your did write. Not after a pissing match but just think what is obvious to most in this instance is completely elusive to you.

What? :laugh:

A lot of you self-important idiots don't realize two things:
No. 1, you take yourselves too freakin' serious;
and No. 2, I am going to make a whole lot of money off all of you. Thanks for two years of material.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 28 2010, 05:37 PM) [snapback]551822[/snapback]
[SIZE=36pt]NOT THE TOPIC, DIL[/SIZE]

Then take it up with management. This is a public forum.

Are YOU really that stupid?

As far as the subject, it seems any talk show host or athlete with a Twitter or Facebook account gets busted if he says anything negative on those forums. Should be off the record, IMHO. See, I CAN stay on subject. :wacko:

And for those who tell us who don't like the Ticket to check their ratings, I know what their ratings are, and that doesn't mean their crap is great because more people listen to them than say, Galloway or the Fan. I can't stand either one of those either. I miss the old days when Norm (when he was much better), Coop, Brad Sham and even Wally and Leon talked sports the way it oughta be.

It's all a matter of what we like or don't like. And I don't like anything Ticket.

dkfrog

QUOTE(RaiderFrog @ Apr 28 2010, 04:38 PM) [snapback]551998[/snapback]
Then take it up with management. This is a public forum.

Are YOU really that stupid?

As far as the subject, it seems any talk show host or athlete with a Twitter or Facebook account gets busted if he says anything negative on those forums. Should be off the record, IMHO. See, I CAN stay on subject. :wacko:

And for those who tell us who don't like the Ticket to check their ratings, I know what their ratings are, and that doesn't mean their crap is great because more people listen to them than say, Galloway or the Fan. I can't stand either one of those either. I miss the old days when Norm (when he was much better), Coop, Brad Sham and even Wally and Leon talked sports the way it oughta be.

It's all a matter of what we like or don't like. And I don't like anything Ticket.

I didn't say that anyone had to like it (and I don't think anyone else did either). I was simply stating the reason that the current programs and host are "still on the air"...and the answer is simple: people listen, ratings are high, more companies want to advertise, ad rates increase, the station and parent company make more money...

And for that reason, the business model works...so people should really quit saying that such and such should be fired, and such and such doesn't know anything, and such and such are hacks...because it doesnt really matter in the end...the company makes money...and that is what the goal truely is.

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(RaiderFrog @ Apr 28 2010, 04:38 PM) [snapback]551998[/snapback]
As far as the subject, it seems any talk show host or athlete with a Twitter or Facebook account gets busted if he says anything negative on those forums. Should be off the record, IMHO. See, I CAN stay on subject.

standing-ovation-0907-lg.jpg

AUFrog

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 28 2010, 09:32 PM) [snapback]551994[/snapback]
What? :laugh:

A lot of you self-important idiots don't realize two things:
No. 1, you take yourselves too freakin' serious;
and No. 2, I am going to make a whole lot of money off all of you. Thanks for two years of material.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't do this to yourself... So, are you saying your path to fortune (and maybe fame???) is to compile discussions from KF.C and sell them? Wow, I would have kept that one to myself before someone steals it. Dude, there's no way you ever make a lot of money on anything unless you get lucky on a quick pick ticket. Also, nice catch on my typing "your" instead of "you". Dang, I'm such an 2314. I'm not taking myself too serious(ly) now or when I pointed out why your original post was not well thought out. You're naive to think what someone writes on Facebook, Twitter, etc. is private and that Freedom of Speech will fully protect them from any backlash associated from making stupid comments and that's all I was originally trying to point out. I still have no idea what you meant by the glass house comment...

2314@work

Contributor
QUOTE(AUFrog @ Apr 28 2010, 05:36 PM) [snapback]552030[/snapback]
Don't do this to yourself... So, are you saying your path to fortune (and maybe fame???) is to compile discussions from KF.C and sell them? Wow, I would have kept that one to myself before someone steals it. Dude, there's no way you ever make a lot of money on anything unless you get lucky on a quick pick ticket. Also, nice catch on my typing "your" instead of "you". Dang, I'm such an 2314. I'm not taking myself too serious(ly) now or when I pointed out why your original post was not well thought out. You're naive to think what someone writes on Facebook, Twitter, etc. is private and that Freedom of Speech will fully protect them from any backlash associated from making stupid comments and that's all I was originally trying to point out. I still have no idea what you meant by the glass house comment...

Good gosh where do I start?
You are a total idiot, fool.
I'll work backwards.
"Glass house" refers to a public figure who is always watched and anything he/she says or does is made public either by newspaper, TV or these gay, sophomoric social networking sites.
Personally, as a media member, I have been taught (especially when I worked and lived in small towns) that anything I say at the grocery store or where ever will be looked upon as something that came out of the mouth of an employee of the newspaper (or radio station when that was applicable) instead of just from the mouth of (2314). That is what "glass house" means. I thought anyone educated would know this.
And about the beginning of your rant - I am talking about a work of fiction. I have this idea to write a fiction book called "Message Board Murder."
The main plot line will be a retired Army Colonel gets talked into posting on his favorite college football team's message board, but gets sucked in by the "board clown" and spends most of his day stalking the clown's posts. The Colonel is up in age and his health is failing, and he goes into a stage of dementia and begins to plot how to find the clown and kill the clown. But, others want to kill the clown as well. Another story line has a computer geek who gets so infuriated with the clown that he also plots ways of getting away with murder, albeit from a more intellectual side rather than the brute the Colonel wishes to inflict on the clown. I may or may not steer the plot to those two in a race to kill the clown - I can go many ways with this. Another plot line deals with infidelity (a side plot not involving the main characters) of two posters who after a year or so of PMs and public board flirting decide to do the deed. That's a sub-plot I can insert with extra twists. But of course, and in Dan Jenkins fashion, in the end TCU will win the MNC, and UT finally gets put on probation (possibly death penalty but we will see). I have other ideas and plot lines but I want you to buy the book. And in the process, many other story lines could develop. And who knows how it will end. Haven't decided yet (may submit two endings and let the publisher decide).
So no, Dil, I am not going to "copy and paste" these posts.
Excellent fodder, however.
2314 thank$ you one and all! :laugh:

FROGDADDY

Hell yes he deserved to be fired. If for no other reason than being monumentally stupid. Never ceases to amaze me just how dumb some people actually are.

tetonfrog

QUOTE(2314 @ Apr 28 2010, 11:10 PM) [snapback]552044[/snapback]
Personally, as a media member, I have been taught (especially when I worked and lived in small towns) that anything I say at the grocery store or where ever will be looked upon as something that came out of the mouth of an employee of the newspaper (or radio station when that was applicable) instead of just from the mouth of (2314).

Remind me again why you are upset that he got fired. He just went against everything that you have been taught and you are defending him. And you are railing against his employer.......why?

Yes, this is America. There is free speech. There are also consequences for the things you say. I learned that when I wrote for the Skiff and during my journalism career. I was taught that at TCU in my Law and Ethics class. He can twit or twat whatever he wants, but if you cross the line like that you are done.