• The KillerFrogs

Thoughts and Prayers request

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
My Uncle had the full cataract treatment a couple of years ago. His eyes were so bad, the Doc said "It looks like a bunch of gravel in there." He did one eye, then the other a month later. After the first eye was done, my Uncle was standing out on the balcony at a house in Rockport around sunset. He kept looking around in wonder, "The sky! It's purple!"

Of course, this wonderment was due to the fact that he probably hadn't seen colors, or anything else for that matter, in some time. The observations of we younger folk who were also out on the deck were, of course, beer-tinged: "It's like he took his first hit of acid..."

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I'm having cataract surgery on my right eye tomorrow morning and would appreciate any thoughts and prayers.

I know it is a pretty normal surgery these days but I am still a little scared about having my eye cut open even a tiny bit.

The good news is that after the surgery my right eye will be much closer to my left eye and I won't need a strong lens prescription anymore.
So, how‘d it go?

PurpleBlood87

The surgery went well.
I went in to the surgery suite at 7:17 am and was home by 830 am and that included a stop at Whataburger to pick up breakfast.
The nurses told me that I wouldn't remember anything but I remember it all.
A lot of purple light and other colors then a moment of darkness when I'm guessing my lens was replaced.
Plus I couldfeel a lot of cold water which was them cleaning out my eye.

Afterwards, they offered me a drink and I picked Dr Pepper. Got home and was kind of upset that they wisked me out of there without even giving me my drink.
Got home with the surgery bag they had given me when I paid for the surgery and was digging around to find my medicated eyedrops and there was a can of Dr Pepper in there.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
The surgery went well.
I went in to the surgery suite at 7:17 am and was home by 830 am and that included a stop at Whataburger to pick up breakfast.
A lot of purple light and other colors then a moment of darkness when I'm guessing my lens was replaced.

Afterwards, they offered me a drink and I picked Dr Pepper. Got home and was kind of upset that they wisked me out of there without even giving me my drink.
Got home with the surgery bag they had given me when I paid for the surgery and was digging around to find my medicated eyedrops and there was a can of Dr Pepper in there.

Dr.Pepper and Whataburger. I knew there was something about you that I liked.

Brog

The surgery went well.

Just curious. Did your Med insurance cover the Dr. pepper and/or the Whataburger?