• The KillerFrogs

Thoughts and Prayers request

PurpleBlood87

I'm having cataract surgery on my right eye tomorrow morning and would appreciate any thoughts and prayers.

I know it is a pretty normal surgery these days but I am still a little scared about having my eye cut open even a tiny bit.

The good news is that after the surgery my right eye will be much closer to my left eye and I won't need a strong lens prescription anymore.

FrogCop19

I'm having cataract surgery on my right eye tomorrow morning and would appreciate any thoughts and prayers.

I know it is a pretty normal surgery these days but I am still a little scared about having my eye cut open even a tiny bit.

The good news is that after the surgery my right eye will be much closer to my left eye and I won't need a strong lens prescription anymore.
I will definitely send some prayers your way. That's one of my greatest fears, eye stuff. In movies I hate watching that kinda thing, so I get your concern at the highest level. However, these people have probably done 1,000 surgeries just like this and worse, so have faith that the Lord will guide their hand and you'll be in and out before you know it.

PurpleBlood87

I will definitely send some prayers your way. That's one of my greatest fears, eye stuff. In movies I hate watching that kinda thing, so I get your concern at the highest level. However, these people have probably done 1,000 surgeries just like this and worse, so have faith that the Lord will guide their hand and you'll be in and out before you know it.

I was a very young but I remember my grandfather losing sight in one eye after a failed cornea transplant.

I think the doctor is performing around 30 cataract surgeries on Wednesday so he must know what he's doing.

Brog

Ive had two or three kinds of surgeries, and believe me, cataract surgery was a piece of cake compared to the others. Virtually pain free, and great results. Hope you find it the same. Best to you!

namollec

Rented a house from an ophthalmologist a while back; looked at his eye surgery books he left there.
Those guys - wow !
You're bound to be in good hands, well trained - well skilled hands.

And you have my prayers.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain

My father, who is currently battling major health issues, just had this completed to both eyes and the surgery was a complete success. Praying for a similar result.

tcudoc

The good news is that ophthalmology is one of the toughest specialties to get into. Therefore, you have to be super smart to get into the residency program.
I wish you the best and a speedy recovery.

stbrab

I had both of mine done in the fall of 22. I now see 20/15 at a distance…still need readers for small print though. I’m sure yours will go well!

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

Good luck, doubt you’ll need it. I had both of mine done. Pretty amazing. Can’t feel a thing but you can talk. They don’t exactly slice your eye open. The make a tiny incision, take out the bad real lense and put in the new one, You’ll be home watching tv that night.

froginmn

The good news is that after the surgery my right eye will be much closer to my left eye
I think you need to discuss this more with your doctor.

BmAOa0-IIAALGeb.jpg

In all seriousness, prayers to you for a successful surgery.

@tcudoc - when I started TCU as pre-med, Ophthalmology was the specialty I was looking at. Might be a good thing for everyone that I went a different direction.

FrogAbroad

I think having anyone poke something sharp at my eye is about the scariest thing I can imagine, but then I ask for sedation to have my teeth cleaned.

However, as multiple others have said, these docs know what they're doing and have made the procedure about as foolproof routine as it can be. Just think how much better you'll be able to see our Horned Frogs in action! Hang in there, amigo, I'm joining the group praying for you this evening and tomorrow morning!