• The KillerFrogs

This team is SO CLOSE

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
ive never seen a GP team be close to knocking a team out 3 weeks in a row only to make self inflicted mistakes just as they were about to end it

OHIO St - no targeting call. Frogs get ball back and proceed to self implode.

UT - Turpin big play to 25 then WR wide open at the 5 only to get picked and self implode.

Iowa St - beautiful time consuming drive, about to take out their will and fumble the ball due to stupidity. Then instead of just doing HB dive or 3 straight knees which would have left them 25 seconds, Robinson gets hurt and clock stops.

If the bye week can figure out how to fix this it would be nice. I still believe this team can be the second best in the XII. Collins has been regarded as a more developed passer IIRC. Turpin and Reagor will be healthy and with only 1 game next 21 days it gives the group a good chance to get healthy as possible before OU.

Too what?!

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
I'm with you I think TCU could see losses to Texas Tech and Baylor. Brewer for Baylor is the real deal and their running back. Texas Tech has a explosive offense.

Hope TCU figures out things and quickly. Everything needs to get better even coaching.

This team loses to TT, Okla, WV, Okie St, Baylor. No bowl this year!! 5-7. Oh well

TRF51

Our defense is legit, our offense is somehow bad even with all of these good skill players. I think Cumbie is a great recruiter but a very average OC. I think Boykin and Doctson made him look good for his first two years. Our offense has been flat and no where near as explosive since. I think we are as talented as we ever have been so you can’t blame it on the talent.

HG73

Our defense is legit, our offense is somehow bad even with all of these good skill players. I think Cumbie is a great recruiter but a very average OC. I think Boykin and Doctson made him look good for his first two years. Our offense has been flat and no where near as explosive since. I think we are as talented as we ever have been so you can’t blame it on the talent.
I think Cumbie made Boykin look good-remember TB before Sonny got here?

This is a good team that just needs a caretaker/game manager or whatever you want to call it. Just a QB to run the play that is called, run a little when receivers are covered and TAKE CARE OF THE BALL. SR's ball protection has cost us both losses.

TRF51

I think Cumbie made Boykin look good-remember TB before Sonny got here?

This is a good team that just needs a caretaker/game manager or whatever you want to call it. Just a QB to run the play that is called, run a little when receivers are covered and TAKE CARE OF THE BALL. SR's ball protection has cost us both losses.

I do remember Boykin before Cumbie got here and he was not great but he was a great athlete with a strong arm, like Shawn. Difference is Shawn has been in the system for almost 1.5 years and looks a lot like Boykin did before Cumbie got here. The BIG difference is we have WAY better players behind him and when Rogers is 100% it is going to be hard to keep him off the field.

I feel bad for Shawn because this was his year to prove he is the Guy. If he misses the rest of it he might never get his job back.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
This team loses to TT, Okla, WV, Okie St, Baylor. No bowl this year!! 5-7. Oh well
Things I will never see: Age 100, The South Pole, Everest from the top, and Frog by Birth coming on here after a game and mentioning how good the team was.

But just like mosquitos in Texas in summer, and Mondays, you can pretty much guarantee he's gonna be there to remind us how much we suck any time we have some issues.

ftwfrog

I know it’s a fan board and we’re supposed to get all upset and angry when we don’t win every game by 30. But what did we really expect? Let’s be realistic.

WE ARE YOUNG! Our QB is starting his 5th game in college. 2 of those games were to ohio state and texas. Our OLine is full of novices. With a new QB and new offensive line what did we expect? 50 points a game? Why? Because we have a badass receiver and RB? Our defense will win us some games and hopefully our offense will improve over time.

And while we’re all pissy, we scored 17 points more this year than we did last year against ISU. They’ve got a solid defense.

cdsfrog

I don't think we are close to sucking or being good. Incredibly inconsistent and I have no idea if we get killed by Tech or beat them by 2 touchdowns.

Moose Stuff

I know it’s a fan board and we’re supposed to get all upset and angry when we don’t win every game by 30. But what did we really expect? Let’s be realistic.

WE ARE YOUNG! Our QB is starting his 5th game in college. 2 of those games were to ohio state and texas. Our OLine is full of novices. With a new QB and new offensive line what did we expect? 50 points a game? Why? Because we have a badass receiver and RB? Our defense will win us some games and hopefully our offense will improve over time.

And while we’re all pissy, we scored 17 points more this year than we did last year against ISU. They’ve got a solid defense.

You forgot the part about our badass RB not being 100% heathy as well.

Sand Frog

You forgot the part about our badass RB not being 100% heathy as well.

I think there's more going on there than being healthy. He's obviously frustrated on the sideline and removes himself all together from the offense when the defense is on the field. Patterson even chewed his a$$ out at halftime. Watch his body language when he is in the game. Something going on behind the scenes with him and the coaches.

jake102

I think there's more going on there than being healthy. He's obviously frustrated on the sideline and removes himself all together from the offense when the defense is on the field. Patterson even chewed his a$$ out at halftime. Watch his body language when he is in the game. Something going on behind the scenes with him and the coaches.

Yep

H0RNEDFR0G

This team feels a lot like the 2013 squad. A bad offense being kept afloat by an above average defense. Except that this year our defense isn’t anything special and the offense has flashes of brilliance (which we certainly never had in 2013).

I think we can get to six wins, but for the moment I think we should consider ourselves underdogs to everyone except Kansas, KSU, and Baylor.

ESPN also considers us underdogs to TTU, OU, WVU, & Oklahoma St. If we continue to lose the ball like we have, every team on the schedule could beat us. The stat sheet shows 3 turnovers to Ohio State, but if you consider the fact that we punted to our own 20 yard-line that's another turnover. That puts us at 11/1 for P5 play, dead last in the country at turnover margin:

http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/leader/national/team/offense/split24/category12/sort02.html

CountryFrog

ESPN also considers us underdogs to TTU, OU, WVU, & Oklahoma St. If we continue to lose the ball like we have, every team on the schedule could beat us. The stat sheet shows 3 turnovers to Ohio State, but if you consider the fact that we punted to our own 20 yard-line that's another turnover. That puts us at 11/1 for P5 play, dead last in the country at turnover margin:

http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/leader/national/team/offense/split24/category12/sort02.html
Well if ESPN says it then I guess that's all there is.