• The KillerFrogs

This team is SO CLOSE

If it weren’t for that ridiculous 30 yard quarterback scramble on third and 25 on that play, Iowa State would have had about 165 yards of total offense.

So you have an issue with a defense that scores 7 points themselves, only gives up 7 points (on a 20 yard field, mind you, because the offense turned the ball over deep in our own territory) and holds the opposing offense to under 200 yards?

Iowa St looked even worse then we did. We needed to hold them under 100 yards. Granted the penalties kept them on the field longer than they deserved, but are you really trying to say we didn't miss tackles on every single drive? Ty had a guy dead to right open field and missed.

Moose Stuff

Iowa St looked even worse then we did. We needed to hold them under 100 yards. Granted the penalties kept them on the field longer than they deserved, but are you really trying to say we didn't miss tackles on every single drive? Ty had a guy dead to right open field and missed.

Same QB we totally dominated last night threw for 360 yards a couple weeks ago against OU. Sometimes an offense is MADE to look bad.

4 Oaks Frog

TCU is a long way from a being a good team, good teams don't continually beat themselves with turnovers. Eleven turnovers in the past three games is just plain ridiculous.
Yes...When you are averaging almost one turnover per quarter, you don’t beat to many teams. Couple that with so many third and longs, dropped passes and overthrown passes you end up with your defense on the field most of the game. The D gets gasses, so you have missed assignments and dropped INTs. It is a bad receipt for success. Let’s face it, we are very lucky to have won this game. If it hadn’t been for Banago’s scoop and run for six, we would really be crying in our beer...
GO FROGS!
BEAT bye!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Ron Swanson

No, we did miss a ton of tackles.

That doesn’t mean that we aren’t a real good defensive team. I didn’t say we were perfect. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

If I’m being critical of the D... I would really like to see more havoc created by the DL. They need to create more sacks and turnovers.

Missed tackles happen to everyone and every fan base complains about it like their team is the only one it happens to.

No, we did miss a ton of tackles.

That doesn’t mean that we aren’t a real good defensive team. I didn’t say we were perfect. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

If I’m being critical of the D... I would really like to see more havoc created by the DL. They need to create more sacks and turnovers.

Missed tackles happen to everyone and every fan base complains about it like their team is the only one it happens to.

Fair enough. For what it's worth I thought the DBs played pretty good and I didn't agree with some of the penalties. Especially considering Iowa St got away with tackling us before the ball was there.

netty2424

It may have been covered already, but I remember hearing that Montgomery led the country in broken tackles last season. He's hard to bring down.
Some guys have that knack and are just tough to bring down. They know how to take contact and bounce off. Montgomery opitimizes that.

Guys were bouncing off Montgomery all night long. And that’s not isolated to TCU for him. That’s what he do!!

CountryFrog

It may have been covered already, but I remember hearing that Montgomery led the country in broken tackles last season. He's hard to bring down.
Sometimes you do have to give a little bit of credit to the other team. Montgomery is really really good. If he was on OU he'd be putting up gigantic numbers and be in the Heisman talk.

CountryFrog

This team is one of two things. Extremely close to being really good, or destined to be mistake prone and inventing new ways to lose on a weekly basis.

It's easy to say the second possibility is correct based on what we've seen lately but teams do often improve as the season goes on so who knows where this team will be in a few weeks.

It's also very clear that a lot of people on here have not seen other teams in the Big 12 like Tech, Ok St, KSU, Baylor actually play if you think they don't have just as many, or more, things to be concerned about. We just beat a team that is as good or better than all of those 4 plus Kansas.

I think this must be what it is. I definitely saw at least one play where Johnson clearly didn’t know where he was supposed to be at LB
I saw that play. My FIL and I had been watching him on special teams and wondering if he might get in the mix and as soon as he did Wallow (I believe) was having to reposition him. Also, Johnson was playing Ty’s position IIRC so that alone is bound to limit his playing time

Wexahu

This team is one of two things. Extremely close to being really good, or destined to be mistake prone and inventing new ways to lose on a weekly basis.

It's easy to say the second possibility is correct based on what we've seen lately but teams do often improve as the season goes on so who knows where this team will be in a few weeks.

It's also very clear that a lot of people on here have not seen other teams in the Big 12 like Tech, Ok St, KSU, Baylor actually play if you think they don't have just as many, or more, things to be concerned about. We just beat a team that is as good or better than all of those 4 plus Kansas.

Yep. I don’t think this is one of better teams but that doesn’t mean we can’t win a lot more games. There’s only one team left on our schedule where we might have to play a little above our heads to get a win, but in all the others if we just play solid and eliminate most of the sloppy stuff we can win. And I’m including WVU in that group.

CountryFrog

Yep. I don’t think this is one of better teams but that doesn’t mean we can’t win a lot more games. There’s only one team left on our schedule where we might have to play a little above our heads to get a win, but in all the others if we just play solid and eliminate most of the sloppy stuff we can win. And I’m including WVU in that group.
I think fans of a specific team just get so wrapped up in their own teams mistakes because they know them so well that they forget there are really only a handful of teams in the country each year that actually play at a super high level without major flaws. And we nearly beat one of them a couple weeks ago with all of our flaws.

I agree. I had this team losing to Ohio St and OU and then two losses distributed over UT, OSU and WVU. The potential loss of SR and Turp hurts but the team is still on track to be 8-4 or 9-3 so if I’m honest, they are about where I thought they would be.

cdsfrog

Curious to see how we fair against Tech. Their offense is better than Texas or Iowa state, defense is worse. Speaking of which where is the prediction thread?