• The KillerFrogs

This team is SO CLOSE

robbroyy

ive never seen a GP team be close to knocking a team out 3 weeks in a row only to make self inflicted mistakes just as they were about to end it

OHIO St - no targeting call. Frogs get ball back and proceed to self implode.

UT - Turpin big play to 25 then WR wide open at the 5 only to get picked and self implode.

Iowa St - beautiful time consuming drive, about to take out their will and fumble the ball due to stupidity. Then instead of just doing HB dive or 3 straight knees which would have left them 25 seconds, Robinson gets hurt and clock stops.

If the bye week can figure out how to fix this it would be nice. I still believe this team can be the second best in the XII. Collins has been regarded as a more developed passer IIRC. Turpin and Reagor will be healthy and with only 1 game next 21 days it gives the group a good chance to get healthy as possible before OU.

LVH

It's always the turnover in the 3rd quarter when we are driving and another score can either twist the knife or put the game away.

3 games in a row we have the lead, have the ball and are driving and turn it over.

Ohio State it was the turnover that changed everything

Robinson's INT last week deep in Texas territory up 16-10. If we don't do that and score we win.

Lynn's fumble this week almost backfired in the same way and would have against a better team.

I’m sure I’ll take some heat for this but I think we are closer to missing a bowl game than we are knocking off OU, if I had to choose one extreme or another based on the caliber of play the last 2 weeks.

I believe in GP but I think we look like a 6 or 6 win team currently.

I'm with you I think TCU could see losses to Texas Tech and Baylor. Brewer for Baylor is the real deal and their running back. Texas Tech has a explosive offense.

Hope TCU figures out things and quickly. Everything needs to get better even coaching.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I’m sure I’ll take some heat for this but I think we are closer to missing a bowl game than we are knocking off OU, if I had to choose one extreme or another based on the caliber of play the last 2 weeks.

Yeah we may only beat Kansas now.

If we are lucky.

robbroyy

The defense has locked everyone down until the offense has handcuffed them.

Isn’t Tech on a freshman QB? Young QBs don’t know what to do vs CGP defenses

Baylor gonna Baylor. Not saying it’s going to be a cakewalk but there is a HUGE difference in thinking we aren’t at the level of OU (I agree there) and thinking we may not beat Tech or Baylor. If Kliff was willing to run up the middle I might be more concerned.

Our pass D has been just fine with the exception of a few deep passes this year.

Chongo94

Agreed man. We just shoot ourselves in the foot too often right now. Tech game will depend on whom each team plays at qb. KState game now looks like a biggie and I thought they were awful for most of today.

SnoSki

The defense has locked everyone down until the offense has handcuffed them.

Isn’t Tech on a freshman QB? Young QBs don’t know what to do vs CGP defenses

Baylor gonna Baylor. Not saying it’s going to be a cakewalk but there is a HUGE difference in thinking we aren’t at the level of OU (I agree there) and thinking we may not beat Tech or Baylor. If Kliff was willing to run up the middle I might be more concerned.

Our pass D has been just fine with the exception of a few deep passes this year.

We can keep Tech, Baylor, OU, WVU and OK State under 30, but can we score more than 30 on all of them? I’m not so sure as of tonight.

robbroyy

Hate to break it to you but we suck. Can't execute at really any aspect of the game.
Holding Iowa State to 199 yards says different.

Putting up 511 yards of offense vs Ohio State says different.

This team is literally 5-6 plays away from being considered top 5 in the country.

No we’re not an elite team now because elite teams don’t make the self inflicted disasters we have BUT it’s not like we’ve gotten taken to the woodshed by anyone.

This isn’t 2013 or 2016 where you knew before the game we were overmatched physically.

FrogLifeYo

All very winnable with our defense - KS and KSU we can handle...Baylor is improving but their defense is an absolute joke and we can win that..

TT - OSU are 50/50 games as we are at home

WVU and OU will hang 100 each on us..

Getting to 7 wins is going to be very tough

TX_Krötenechse

This team feels a lot like the 2013 squad. A bad offense being kept afloat by an above average defense. Except that this year our defense isn’t anything special and the offense has flashes of brilliance (which we certainly never had in 2013).

I think we can get to six wins, but for the moment I think we should consider ourselves underdogs to everyone except Kansas, KSU, and Baylor.

I believe in GP but I think we look like a 6 or 7 win team currently.
No reason for you to take heat for that. Every game is different and so I think it takes a while to really assess but there are concerning signs that the offense does not have the juice to keep up with some of the better teams. I think right now we're really paying the price for some poor OL recruiting 3 and 4 years back and some misses on guys who were supposed to be upperclassmen. Our tackles look to be decent, not great, but the middle of the line is playing terrible. Combine that with a young QB who may not be available for a period of time, some perplexing play calling and use of personnel, and your statement is not unreasonable.

Last edited:

Wexahu

This team feels a lot like the 2013 squad. A bad offense being kept afloat by an above average defense. Except that this year our defense isn’t anything special and the offense has flashes of brilliance (which we certainly never had in 2013).

I think we can get to six wins, but for the moment I think we should consider ourselves underdogs to everyone except Kansas, KSU, and Baylor.

And Tech. I refuse to believe they are better than we are. Teams that play 45-35 type games are usually considered “better” than teams that play 17-10 type games and I’m not sure why.