• The KillerFrogs

This realignment rumor is making the rounds on X

East Coast

Tier 1
Is the source of this rumor (in the OP) known to anyone that posts here, to have any credibility at all?
I don't know the source, but it is based on the Big1G and SEC taking who they want in the ACC, and the Big12 taking all the leftovers except SMU, Wake, Cal and Stanford.

I think it is more likely the Big12 goes to 20, grabbing the best 4 fits out of what the media tells us are the most valuable 5 or 6 remaining schools.

y2kFrog

Is the source of this rumor (in the OP) known to anyone that posts here, to have any credibility at all?

I am sure this is someone just throwing stuff out there. That being said, I doubt the ACC last much longer and summertime seems to be the time for school admins to concentrate on finding a new conference. Texas and OU to the SEC and the death of the Pac 12 both happened on my yearly big vacation. I leave again in about 2 weeks if anyone is wondering about a timeline.;)

TooColdU

Looks like a bunch of spares. Back to the G5

If we add Duke, need to find a way to add UNC.

Miami but no Florida State? Meh

VT instead of UVA?

82 Frog Fever

I am sure this is someone just throwing stuff out there. That being said, I doubt the ACC last much longer and summertime seems to be the time for school admins to concentrate on finding a new conference. Texas and OU to the SEC and the death of the Pac 12 both happened on my yearly big vacation. I leave again in about 2 weeks if anyone is wondering about a timeline.;)
Yup, both you and your vacation may be spot on.
It’s simple trickle down economics. We are the beneficiaries of every school the SEC & BIG don’t want.
I’m sure Yormark won’t just rubber stamp, and will apply some intelligent discretion to invites.
Although, I wonder if any B12 teams figure into this, and we end up with a whole bunch of ACC schools coming in.

Last edited:

vicarfrog

Looks like a bunch of spares. Back to the G5

If we add Duke, need to find a way to add UNC.

Miami but no Florida State? Meh

VT instead of UVA?

I wouldn’t classify it as G5. B1G and SEC are more of the old money class. Big 12 is more like upper middle class. The problem with the upper middle class is: can that be maintained or grown, or will it eventually slide into lower level?

G5 is more lower class to poor.