• The KillerFrogs

This is the XFL!!....it's coming back.

Chongo94

Saw a guy at Great Outdoors today wearing an XFL cap. Thought that was kinda interesting. Couldn’t see if it was the Dallas team or not.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Tried to watch the Houston-Dallas game on Tuesday night (Fubo streaming). There are aspects of the XFL that are nice, but the heavy hand of the NFL shows in the coverage and presentation of the games. The running into the endzone to pose thing is already old. The imbeciles all decked out in "team gear" cannot be anything but paid shills placed in a spot for TV to act as colorful wrapping on a hollow box. The announcers were excruciatingly awful.

It wasn't bad the first weekend. It has steadily proceeded downward.

Zubaz

Tried to watch the Houston-Dallas game on Tuesday night (Fubo streaming). There are aspects of the XFL that are nice, but the heavy hand of the NFL shows in the coverage and presentation of the games. The running into the endzone to pose thing is already old. The imbeciles all decked out in "team gear" cannot be anything but paid shills placed in a spot for TV to act as colorful wrapping on a hollow box. The announcers were excruciatingly awful.

It wasn't bad the first weekend. It has steadily proceeded downward.
Huh, I've found the exact opposite to be true. They go a lot of places the NFL would never go, and it makes for a more interesting game experience to me. QB throws an interception and BOOM he's got a mic in his face asking what happened (in McGloin's case, this was especially great since it came right after he thew his coaching staff under the bus). You think that would ever happen in the NFL? Or patching in the coach-to-team headset where you can hear the playcalls. Or having the camera in the replay booth. Awesome stuff.

Wexahu

Huh, I've found the exact opposite to be true. They go a lot of places the NFL would never go, and it makes for a more interesting game experience to me. QB throws an interception and BOOM he's got a mic in his face asking what happened (in McGloin's case, this was especially great since it came right after he thew his coaching staff under the bus). You think that would ever happen in the NFL? Or patching in the coach-to-team headset where you can hear the playcalls. Or having the camera in the replay booth. Awesome stuff.

All cool things that add to a broadcast, but for me it's hard to really get interested in a sport or game when I have no real rooting interest. I couldn't care less who wins any XFL game, it's just football being played because supposedly people like football, and I think something like that has a pretty short shelf life. I doubt there are any true die-hard Renegades fans out there and at the end of the day that is what the sport will need. It;s just so hard to develop that kind of link to the fans in a year, or even 5 years or 10 years.....that's ultimately what makes it so hard for these new sports leagues to be successful. And when the players are clearly minor leaguers I just don't see how the thing ever works for long.

jake102

I think it fails, but I've actually enjoyed watching and keeping up with the Roughnecks. It's a better viewing experience than the NFL or college (faster, more interaction).

If it's going to work, they will need to figure out how to pay the QBs in the $500k-$1MM range so they can attract some real talent. PJ Walker and Taamu are the only decent options, everyone else is pretty awful.

Zubaz

All cool things that add to a broadcast, but for me it's hard to really get interested in a sport or game when I have no real rooting interest. I couldn't care less who wins any XFL game, it's just football being played because supposedly people like football, and I think something like that has a pretty short shelf life. I doubt there are any true die-hard Renegades fans out there and at the end of the day that is what the sport will need. It;s just so hard to develop that kind of link to the fans in a year, or even 5 years or 10 years.....that's ultimately what makes it so hard for these new sports leagues to be successful. And when the players are clearly minor leaguers I just don't see how the thing ever works for long.
That's true. Notable exceptions for St Louis, which has clearly embraced the team as a reaction to losing the Rams, and Seattle who just loves any team that shows up because they remember losing the Sonics. Other than that, it takes time to develop a connection to a team, and in the interim. Developing stars will be key there, but that comes with the obvious risk of your stars then going to the NFL.
PJ Walker and Taamu are the only decent options, everyone else is pretty awful.
Josh Johnson for LA is pretty good too. Landry was good until last week when his brain imploded.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
The Renegades have a west side seating problem too.

I wonder what kind of dumb [ Finebaum ] they came up with for ticket sales. All of the good seats behind the Renegades bench are completely empty.

Just took a quick glance at the Renegades home games on ticketmaster and the closest seat you can buy is row 15. What are they saving those first 14 rows for?

Creeperfrog

Is there a specific reason why they are constantly talking ab the over/under line? The broadcast also has had the 35.5 right next to the score the entire game.

Whats Up Reaction GIF

LVH

I bet Vegas.

Do I have a gambling problem?
I think so. No idea how anyone could make any educated bet on the XFL with absolutely zero data whatsoever to go off of. Every bet is a coin flip

Hilarious seeing all the grifting tout scammers who call themselves betting experts giving out their XFL picks over the last week. Based on what data?

One thing I dont miss about Las Vegas is all the fly by night touts and their billboards

Bruce Berry

I think so. No idea how anyone could make any educated bet on the XFL with absolutely zero data whatsoever to go off of. Every bet is a coin flip

Hilarious seeing all the grifting tout scammers who call themselves betting experts giving out their XFL picks over the last week. Based on what data?

One thing I dont miss about Las Vegas is all the fly by night touts and their billboards

That's what I thought.

I did get the backdoor cover though.

The Renegades have a west side seating problem too.

I wonder what kind of dumb [ Finebaum ] they came up with for ticket sales. All of the good seats behind the Renegades bench are completely empty.

Just took a quick glance at the Renegades home games on ticketmaster and the closest seat you can buy is row 15. What are they saving those first 14 rows for?

You can't see any lower than that. They used to do the same in San Diego at Jack Murphy Stadium/Qualcomm. Ever noticed in the Poinsettia Bowl or game against SDSU that there were always empty rows behind the bench?