1. The KillerFrogs

The Transfer Portal claims another one...

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by bmoney214, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Ingram always struck me as solid but unspectacular.

4 Oaks Frog and Eight like this.
  2. So where does that leave us at RB?

3. Evans, Miller, demercado, Foster, and Battle apparently wants to give it a shot there. We good

4. Now our RB’s will get 6 carriers a game instead of 5.

Eight, Salfrog and CountryFrog like this.
  5. one short of three too many..

Peacefrog likes this.
  6. NO

8. He didn't want to remain a frog....end of story

9. We really don't need to know......best of luck.

10. I'm happy for Darwin and hope he does very well at USC. I think the fact that he landed there speaks to the quality and depth of our RB room. At a minimum he was behind Evans and Miller on the depth chart and was likely to be competing for 3rd string touches with Foster. Demarcado was always going to get more than his fair share of plays too presumably b/c of experience and blocking, but I've never been as impressed with his running ability as I was with Barlow's and I also haven't really thought he was that great of a blocker either. Nevertheless, he was also ahead of Barlow, but not for as long as the others.

I think this boiled down to Darwin seeing that he was behind 2 guys who were FRESHMEN at the same time he was and possibly on par with a 3rd in the same class. He had to go somewhere else to get touches or his pro prospects would essentially be nonexistent. I said the moment he announced that he entered the portal that he would likely be the rare exception of a TCU xfer that lands in a higher profile spot with a potentially greater opportunity for personal and team success. I'm not surprised by this. I expect him to do well there and I'll be rooting for him.

Now the real question will be whether he's referred to constantly as "TCU transfer Darwin Barlow" on every telecast. Regardless, this proves that the talent in our RB room is deep and wide. If our OCs can't make the most of this group they need to be burned at the stake.

tcudoc, Armadillo, MCFROG III and 2 others like this.
  11. :D

12. I’ve always admired his fumbling abilities…
    GO FROGS!
    BEAT EVERYBODY!
    Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

13. Kevin Samuel is transferring to Florida Gulf Coast. Interesting…

14. closer to home I guess

Armadillo likes this.
  15. He'll probably be able to put up really nice numbers against smaller schools who mostly won't have anyone who can physically matchup with him.

16. And he was never heard from again.

17. That’s pretty much what he did at TCU. Did fine in non-conference but when we hit Big 12 play that game was too fast for him.

YA, Delray Frog and Salfrog like this.