• The KillerFrogs

The Recruiting Thread

HickoryFlameFrog

Some of you need to rethink this idea that these 16-18 year old kids are naive. They are not.
In this day of social media they possess an awareness beyond their years.
However, their maturity is not even up to their age
and they don't always get mature advice or direction from their parents.

Quit blowing smoke up their skirts. These kids just laugh at how adults fawn over them.
How about Mack coming clean and tell us what this whole deal was about. 

He wanted to be an aggie. Some stuff happened. He became disappointed with the situation.
He got caught up in the hype. It ends tomorrow.

TCU has some great student athletes committed. And in a year or two we will be singing their praises.
So let's make them feel like we're glad to have them.

FrogSwagSurfin

BoondocksFrog said:

Patterson won't change his coaching style for anyone. An entitled player would probably never end up at TCU in the first place. But if one did, and they didn't like how hard Patterson is on them, then they can leave. 

Players come in here and have to play by our coaches rules, if they don't like it they can hit the road. Aaron Green has one of the longest offer sheets I've seen, and look at him now. 
See Fields, Pachall, and B Carter

FrogSole

BoondocksFrog said:

Macks not coming. 

Moi doesn't talk about where he is leaning, which I don't mind. He seems to be the type of guy that will pick where he is going and then go to work, he doesn't seem to care about attention. With that said, Moi grew up cheering for Oregon, and they are coming off a national championship run. They have great facilities, a solid fan base, and a good coaching staff.

Before his Oregon visit while he was at TCU, he said some things that made people believe he could very well be a Frog. It really just depends on how much his Oregon trip wowed him.

I haven't been on Oregon's campus, but I've been to Nike's campus. It's a ton to be in awe about. It's hard to not accept all the glitz and glamour that Oregon offers (apparel wise) via Nike, as a teenager/early twentys. 

Hope he picks up nonetheless, cause I know he'd be a perfect fit. Best wishes. 

talor

BAM Frog said:
With all due respect, I don't feel sorry for English and I think the staff handled the situation extremely well. Don't forget that English has committed (and decommitted) to two other teams (UT and UCLA). TCU offered him back in May of 2014. He had his chances with the Frogs, he chose not to accept and we moved on. That's recruiting. Personally I hope we get Jones or Moi in 2015 and load up on DTs in 2016 (Marshall, Ed Oliver, Mike Williams, Chris Daniels).

Hughes Your Daddy said:
How would you say the upcoming 2016 DL class compares to the 2015 class?
wimpy.jpg

berryfrog95

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
The projected top 2 ranking next year is really flipping those big targets. I don't get it.
Interestingly, it's solidifying the next class.....I would have thought '15 would end with a bang! But, we do have 24 great players, just no major splash.....

cmcbee2

BAM Frog said:
He still chose those schools over TCU. UT and UCLA may have soured on him but they still initially offered and accepted his committment. And I know, it was a different staff at UT. My issue is the comment almost alluding to the fact that the TCU staff somehow made a mistake on how we handled Mack and English.
Assuming you want both Mack and English, and you get neither (with English choosing KState or SMU) how can you say that was an (edit) "extremely well" handled situation?

geefrogs

Talor said:
So you mean to tell me that 15% of the above are all-world NFL talents?  Even more of them are 1st round draft picks.  53% of them played significant minutes in the NFL the past couple seasons.  And an even greater percent were at least drafted and/or spent time on NFL rosters.

Do you know how many TCU D tackles apply to any of those categories?  I'll give you a hint; it ZERO, and that will only change when Hunter gets to the league.  Stop trying to spin things, and look at the facts.  Stars matter more than we want to admit.

who the hell are "all-world" talents on this list?

i didnt list J.J. Watt.

how many of those guys did ANYTHING IN COLLEGE??  I dont give a crap about their NFL careers.

Atomic Frawg

Personally, I'd rather know upfront if a new kid is coming. I don't like hat shenanigans. Tomorrow, while I'm working, if I hear he chose us I'll likely think, "Cool." If he goes with aggie I'll just keep on keepin' on.

DaCrief

Atomic Frawg said:
Personally, I'd rather know upfront if a new kid is coming. I don't like hat shenanigans. Tomorrow, while I'm working, if I hear he chose us I'll likely think, "Cool." If he goes with aggie I'll just keep on keepin' on.

Mostly agree. The partner next to my office is an Aggie. I may unplug his computer while he is at lunch, but otherwise, nothing else. 

Lot Lizard

Frogs On A Plane said:
While I agree with you some of the comments are ridiculous, they have ZERO impact on if he comes here or not. What has been said here is child's play and rated G compared to what Aggy said when he decommitted.
You might be right about this but the posts by JP, Hunter Baird and some others are embarrassing. The kid isn't going to be picking us, which sucks, but what a [ hundin] way to react.

BAM Frog

frög said:
Assuming you want both Mack and English, and you get neither (with English choosing KState or SMU) how can you say that was an (edit) "extremely well" handled situation?
First of all, that is a big assumption.  I think that you are thinking about Mack and English as interchangeable.  They are not the same caliber athlete.  My macro view on recruiting is to get the highest level of talent that you can each year, no matter the position.  Some years may be heavy in certain positions, some may be light.  The DT position is loaded in 2016.  We already have Marshall committed and are in serious contention for four other stud DTs.  If a team makes a mistake in an evaluation, they are stuck with that player (occupies a precious scholarship) for four years.  We have all heard GP mention this.  To answer your question, the coaches went after the best talent available and I will never fault them for that.  That is what they are suppose to do.  They did everything in their power to convince the kid and we are in his final two.  Yes, it appears that we are on the outside looking in but we were in contention. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, that's recruiting.  Assuming we don't get Mack, I would rather fill another more pressing need.  We have Joe Broadnax this year and think we could take three really solid DTs in 2016.