• The KillerFrogs

The Recruiting Thread

BAM Frog

I figured instead of us constantly starting new recruiting threads maybe we could try standardizing to one?.?

A couple of tweets today from Jeremy Clark on Ryan Newsome, stud Aledo WR.
4-star WR @NewBoi17 tells me on the Frogs "I think it's a blessing they still hold me in high regard" #TCU #funkytown15
#TCU back in the hunt for a familiar name on the recruiting trail; recently reaching out to Aledo 4-star WR @NewBoi17.
Article is also up on the current state of his recruitment on Scout. He recently visited OU.

BAM Frog

Top 5 for Mayden: Rice, Ohio State, Texas A&M, Oregon, & TCU have all made the cut for @MaydenII.

#3 CB in the country, Jared Mayden (according to Scout). From Sachse. 6'0 190lbs

Moose Stuff

BAM Frog said:
Top 5 for Mayden: Rice, Ohio State, Texas A&M, Oregon, & TCU have all made the cut for @MaydenII.

#3 CB in the country, Jared Mayden (according to Scout). From Sachse. 6'0 190lbs
Rice??? Wonder what the story is there?

BAM Frog

Moose Stuff said:
Rice??? Wonder what the story is there?
Surprised me as well. Must be a smart kid, I don't think Rice offers just anyone. They have to be able to handle the academics along with being an athlete. The other surprise was no baylor. Tough day for the bears. Now I know the kid is smart!

pastorfrog

If we see an uptick in recruiting on top of the strong class we have- look out. Remember, most of these kids this year committed to playing in the MWC or the Big East for the ten minutes we thought we'd be in that league.

berryfrog95

Snoop dogs son has us in final 4, Wr recruit......

Bishop Gorman's four-star wide receiver Cordell Broadus went down to Tempe for the Utah game last week and came away impressed with the Sun Devils...

"The other schools I'm most interested in are TCU, West Virginia, and Oregon State. I think I will visit all of those schools after my season is over. Those schools are showing me a lot of love along with ASU. I want to learn as much as I can and then make my decision."

Moose Stuff

berryfrog95 said:

Bishop Gorman's four-star wide receiver Cordell Broadus went down to Tempe for the Utah game last week and came away impressed with the Sun Devils...

"The other schools I'm most interested in are TCU, West Virginia, and Oregon State. I think I will visit all of those schools after my season is over. Those schools are showing me a lot of love along with ASU. I want to learn as much as I can and then make my decision."
Don't we already have a Snoop Frog?

EUROFROG

berryfrog95 said:

That settles that.  The "Give 'em Hell TCU" video next goes to Snoop Dog.

Ray Finkle

berryfrog95 said:

Wait, we would have Robert Earl Keen's daughter in school here and Snoop Lion's son?  That would make for an interesting Parents' Weekend concert series...

talor

berryfrog95 said:

That would be huge.  This dude is a consensus top 150 player.  Not to mention Snoop would be repping TCU.

BAM Frog

Talor said:
That would be huge.  This dude is a consensus top 150 player.  Not to mention Snoop would be repping TCU.
Instant street cred...
Could you imagine the interactions with Snoop and GP?

BAM Frog

berryfrog95 said:

Another WR for the 2015 class. For some reason I thought he was 2016. Has Officially Visited ASU with ND and FSU set up (not on 12/6 when we play ISU). As stated above, also has interest in WVU and OSU.

"Has great size for a receiver and continues to get bigger. He's already all of 6-3 and uses his size very well. He's great in jump ball situations, has good hands and ball awareness and runs better than given credit for. He's a physical player who is very tough to press and plays with an edge to him. He's also a talented player in the defensive secondary and shows a lot of range and instincts as a safety but WR is his preferred position"