• The KillerFrogs

The Recruiting Thread

maximilian

Moose Stuff said:
Fair enough. The rest of the 17-18 year olds in our class didn't have the same issue though did they?

The rest of our class didn't have Taylor Hamm following them into bathrooms to get the scoop on all things Aggie.

Moose Stuff

maximilian said:

The rest of our class didn't have Taylor Hamm following them into bathrooms to get the scoop on all things Aggie.
Not even sure what that has to do with anything. Our kids got plenty of attention from any number of people. I tell my own kids every day that the only person responsible for their behavior is them and that no outside factor is to blame. In other words, no excuses. You're post is just an excuse.

maximilian

Moose Stuff said:
Not even sure what that has to do with anything. Our kids got plenty of attention from any number of people. I tell my own kids every day that the only person responsible for their behavior is them and that no outside factor is to blame. In other words, no excuses. You're post is just an excuse.

Good lord man, I was making a joke about Taylor Hamm being a creep.

Hughes Your Daddy

It's remarkable how quickly some of our fans can turn around and condemn a kid after singing his praises only days ago, even before his decision is officially made/revealed.

If you're unhappy about a recruit's decision process, it's probably best to wait until the decision process is complete before you voice your complaints.

netty2424

In response to the pulled scholaraship post someone made today regarding the RB from S Carolina. Petrino is now banned from that High School.

TAd2QS7.png

BAM Frog

frög said:
Im pretty dumbfounded today. From the trolling tweets, to the #wrts to now perhaps getting neither Mack nor Bryce, perhaps no one else, perhaps less than who we have verbally committed even. Not sure how you can play this game year after year and end up in this circumstance. Still a nice class and I am a huge fan of funkytown15. Really happy for the guys who committed early and rode this year's wave of success. Just really dissappointed to seemingly get played again by the ESecPN College Football Corporatocracy. I hope our guys play this differently next time. Give English the spot and put the 5 star on the waiting list. Sigh... What stage of grief would you call this?
With all due respect, I don't feel sorry for English and I think the staff handled the situation extremely well. Don't forget that English has committed (and decommitted) to two other teams (UT and UCLA). TCU offered him back in May of 2014. He had his chances with the Frogs, he chose not to accept and we moved on. That's recruiting. Personally I hope we get Jones or Moi in 2015 and load up on DTs in 2016 (Marshall, Ed Oliver, Mike Williams, Chris Daniels).

Hughes Your Daddy

BAM Frog said:
With all due respect, I don't feel sorry for English and I think the staff handled the situation extremely well. Don't forget that English has committed (and decommitted) to two other teams (UT and UCLA). TCU offered him back in May of 2014. He had his chances with the Frogs, he chose not to accept and we moved on. That's recruiting. Personally I hope we get Jones or Moi in 2015 and load up on DTs in 2016 (Marshall, Ed Oliver, Mike Williams, Chris Daniels).
How would you say the upcoming 2016 DL class compares to the 2015 class?

Hunt Together

BAM Frog said:
I don't think that's entirely fair to Bryce. While he may or may not have missed his chance to commit to TCU, I don't think the decisions that he wouldn't play at UT or UCLA were made by those coaching staffs.

BAM Frog

Hunt Together said:
I don't think that's entirely fair to Bryce. While he may or may not have missed his chance to commit to TCU, I don't think the decisions that he wouldn't play at UT or UCLA were made by those coaching staffs.
He still chose those schools over TCU. UT and UCLA may have soured on him but they still initially offered and accepted his committment. And I know, it was a different staff at UT. My issue is the comment almost alluding to the fact that the TCU staff somehow made a mistake on how we handled Mack and English.

frogyou

BAM Frog said:
Personally, I hope we get Mack and more DTs next year.