• The KillerFrogs

The Recruiting Thread

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
texasrobster1997 said:
Any faint hope of landing Mack probably sailed with the disrespect shown to him and his family by TCU fans today...
While I agree with you some of the comments are ridiculous, they have ZERO impact on if he comes here or not. What has been said here is child's play and rated G compared to what Aggy said when he decommitted.

DaCrief

Frogs On A Plane said:
 What has been said here is child's play and rated G compared to what Aggy said when he decommitted.

Check twitter. Young (I hope) TCU fans embarrassing themselves and the school tagging Mack and suggesting (thinly veiled, at that) that he has been paid for his decision to go to Aggie. And more

notyalc

texasrobster1997 said:
Any faint hope of landing Mack probably sailed with the disrespect shown to him and his family by TCU fans today...

While many of the comments have been over the top, some of this was brought on by Mack himself.

frognutz

DaCrief said:

Check twitter. Young (I hope) TCU fans embarrassing themselves and the school tagging Mack and suggesting (thinly veiled, at that) that he has been paid for his decision to go to Aggie. And more
Yeah, some rough stuff out there. Oh well, you reap what you sow nowadays.

texasrobster1997

Frogs On A Plane said:
While I agree with you some of the comments are ridiculous, they have ZERO impact on if he comes here or not. What has been said here is child's play and rated G compared to what Aggy said when he decommitted.
Hope you are right. I feel like our fans are pretty respectful and realistic for the most part. Today I've been embarrassed and cringed over a few posts...

DaCrief

cornutum said:

While many of the comments have been over the top, some of this was brought on by Mack himself.
I find it hard to buy the justification that he somehow invited this. What he did certainly hurt feelings but it doesn't justify the response. We can chose not to pay him his "reward" for leading the fan base on. We have a great 2015 class and will continue to whip programs that we might believe do shady things to win in February. We scrong.

notyalc

DaCrief said:
I find it hard to buy the justification that he somehow invited this. What he did certainly hurt feelings but it doesn't justify the response. We can chose not to pay him his "reward" for leading the fan base on. We have a great 2015 class and will continue to whip programs that we might believe do shady things to win in February. We scrong.

Your right. I'm thrilled with this class.

TCU_91

Some of you whinning about the comments directed at Mack and a$m are the same ones saying the committee would never drop us from 3rd to 6th.
It's beyond naive. It's embarrassing. Everything about this points to $$$!
A$M has a DEEP history of this crap. And they now are part of the most corrupt conference in cfb history. The difference here between am and Bama is Bama can get away with it because they have skins on the wall.
So put your big girl panties on and call it what it is.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
DaCrief said:

I saw it. It's still child's play compared to what Aggy said. Then again, I am not justifying it. I am saying it won't be the reason he doesn't come here...

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
TCU'91 said:
Some of you whinning about the comments directed at Mack and a$m are the same ones saying the committee would never drop us from 3rd to 6th.
A$M has a DEEP history of this crap. And they now are part of the most corrupt conference in cfb history. The difference here between am and Bama is Bama can get away with it because they have skins on the wall.
So attack Aggy, don't attack the kid. So we should put our big girl panties on and say hurtful/terrible stuff about a kid? Please...

DaCrief

TCU'91 said:
K. Cool. Do what you want. But the issue is harassing the kid about it. Not necessary.

ftwfrog

Frogs On A Plane said:
So attack Aggy, don't attack the kid. So we should put our big girl panties on and say hurtful/terrible stuff about a kid? Please...
Not at all, but we can be pissed. Not that he didn't choose TCU, that doesn't bother me one bit, but he used our coaching staff as a pawn.

froghair

Jake102 said:
That being said, can you imagine who good we could be with top 10 classes?
That is a very interesting question.  How would CGP's coaching style work on entitled 5* players?  Judging on the few 4+ stars we've had recently, not so sure their attitudes play to Patterson's strength.  He's used to coaching workers and demands that all be workers or they sit down.  Not saying he can't change if he thinks it is worth it.

BoondocksFrog

froghair said:
That is a very interesting question.  How would CGP's coaching style work on entitled 5* players?  Judging on the few 4+ stars we've had recently, not so sure their attitudes play to Patterson's strength.  He's used to coaching workers and demands that all be workers or they sit down.  Not saying he can't change if he thinks it is worth it.

Patterson won't change his coaching style for anyone. An entitled player would probably never end up at TCU in the first place. But if one did, and they didn't like how hard Patterson is on them, then they can leave. 

Players come in here and have to play by our coaches rules, if they don't like it they can hit the road. Aaron Green has one of the longest offer sheets I've seen, and look at him now. 

Moose Stuff

BoondocksFrog said:

Patterson won't change his coaching style for anyone. An entitled player would probably never end up at TCU in the first place. But if one did, and they didn't like how hard Patterson is on them, then they can leave. 

Players come in here and have to play by our coaches rules, if they don't like it they can hit the road. Aaron Green has one of the longest offer sheets I've seen, and look at him now. 
Aaron Green, one of my all time favorite Frogs and an excellent example for every HS kid to pattern themselves after.

BoondocksFrog

FrogSole said:
Excited for Mack's decision, but I really do wanna see Moi on the team.

Macks not coming. 

Moi doesn't talk about where he is leaning, which I don't mind. He seems to be the type of guy that will pick where he is going and then go to work, he doesn't seem to care about attention. With that said, Moi grew up cheering for Oregon, and they are coming off a national championship run. They have great facilities, a solid fan base, and a good coaching staff.

Before his Oregon visit while he was at TCU, he said some things that made people believe he could very well be a Frog. It really just depends on how much his Oregon trip wowed him.

GO_DJ

Ticket Exchange Pass
BoondocksFrog said:

Except Doug Meacham.  He'll change his style for Doug. 

Moose Stuff

BoondocksFrog said:

Macks not coming. 

Moi doesn't talk about where he is leaning, which I don't mind. He seems to be the type of guy that will pick where he is going and then go to work, he doesn't seem to care about attention. With that said, Moi grew up cheering for Oregon, and they are coming off a national championship run. They have great facilities, a solid fan base, and a good coaching staff.

Before his Oregon visit while he was at TCU, he said some things that made people believe he could very well be a Frog. It really just depends on how much his Oregon trip wowed him.
Seems to me that if it wowed him he'd already be committed to them. Makes me think we have a chance.