• The KillerFrogs

The Recruiting Thread

traderfrog

Frog-in-law1995 said:
I suspect that would be an ncaa violation.

Correct. It would be considered an indirect payment for A$M to buy, which is a violation.

They could probably get around it if they wanted (i.e. if an "unaffiliated" 3rd party bought it and then that person happened to sell it to A$M at a higher price) but why go through all that trouble and risk just for a dumb slogan.

82Frog

SnoSki said:
solari_field.jpg

Genius!

Salfrog

Tier 1
XIIFrog said:
Bingo. I knew the moment Chavis moved to A&M that Mack would be an aggy.
Chavis isn't any better than GP at coaching defense. Call me a homer if you want, but GP has had as good or better defenses than Chavis with less talent (stars). So I give Patterson a big edge in that category.

Clayton Bigsby said:
Y'all do realize that bag man article is a year old, right?

Doesn't change the underlying fact that it goes on.  Do folks honestly believe that boosters at Miami, aTm, UT, SMU, and yes, TCU (along with the countless other schools) said, "well, it was a good run.  I guess I will spend my money elsewhere."  Hell no.  99% of those boosters believe 2 things: a) they are smarter than the system, and b) they are untouchable.  Once the NCAA cracked down in the 80's, the boosters adapted (see Miami). 

fanatical frog

FBallFan123 said:

Doesn't that happen a lot, though?

I could be wrong, but it seemed like that was the case with the Texas QB situation...they were pushing for Kyler Murray, he decides to stay with A&M, and shortly thereafter they end up with Kai Locksley.

No doubt about it.    And I'd bet borrowed money that TCU has been upfront with Bryce.....     but if I'm a high 3* recruit hoping for an offer from a school and they put me on hold right up to the day before signing day I'd be taking a real hard look at other options.

I'm beyond holding out hope for Mack,    but the fact that Bryce hasn't committed to anyone yet is the only hard data point to justify any hopes that the game is still on with Mack.

And if it comes to that and we can get Bryce English I'd expect him to be another Chucky Hunter type player for us.

cmcbee2

Im pretty dumbfounded today. From the trolling tweets, to the #wrts to now perhaps getting neither Mack nor Bryce, perhaps no one else, perhaps less than who we have verbally committed even. Not sure how you can play this game year after year and end up in this circumstance. Still a nice class and I am a huge fan of funkytown15. Really happy for the guys who committed early and rode this year's wave of success. Just really dissappointed to seemingly get played again by the ESecPN College Football Corporatocracy. I hope our guys play this differently next time. Give English the spot and put the 5 star on the waiting list. Sigh... What stage of grief would you call this?

ifrog

frög said:
Im pretty dumbfounded today. From the trolling tweets, to the #wrts to now perhaps getting neither Mack nor Bryce, perhaps no one else, perhaps less than who we have verbally committed even. Not sure how you can play this game year after year and end up in this circumstance. Still a nice class and I am a huge fan of funkytown15. Really happy for the guys who committed early and rode this year's wave of success. Just really dissappointed to seemingly get played again by the ESecPN College Football Corporatocracy. I hope our guys play this differently next time. Give English the spot and put the 5 star on the waiting list. Sigh... What stage of grief would you call this?

Meh, Gray did the same to us a few years back, however, with far less drama and trolling. Gray didn't become all world just because he had the starsies. We will have an outstanding class without Mack and 16 will be even better.

jake102

frög said:
 What stage of grief would you call this?

Similar to a stage, where let's say hypothetically, you are ranked #3, win a game by 50+ points and then drop to #6 after a process that includes multiple re-votes. This is just an example.

cmcbee2

Moose Stuff said:
My personal take on the matter ...... We do beat out big name schools for players quite frequently. E Porter, D Raymond, S Thomas, JF Thomas, J Austin, S Awolope, F Sawyer, K Hicks, S Nixon....... All had offers from places like UT, A&M, Bama, LSU, Oklahoma, Oregon, etc..... But we win those battles quietly. The battles we don't win are the ones that come down to NSD and hat ceremonies and IMO it's because the kids who handle it that way are more often than not all about getting as much attention as possible and that's the exact opposite of what our program is about. Hence they almost always go somewhere else.

My attention is now firmly on 2016 where the trend of quietly beating out major programs for recruits is being taken to another level.
Jake102 said:
Similar to a stage, where let's say hypothetically, you are ranked #3, win a game by 50+ points and then drop to #6 after a process that includes multiple re-votes. This is just an example.
And ESPN has been deeply involved on both accounts. I don't know how GP can keep his cool at times. I'd have walked out of an interview by now, thrown a headset or at least peeled out and done donuts while the ESPN news crew looked on. I'm losing it guys.

Moose Stuff

H

hiphopfroggy

Jake102 said:

At this point I wouldn't be surprised  if starting next season new rules are created stating TCU must start all games with a 7 point handicap and their touchbacks start at the 5 yd line.......