• The KillerFrogs

The Beer is Near

frogs9497

I went to get a beer at halftime of the Oregon Alamo Bowl and by the time I got back to the seat we’d scored 10 points. Lines were ridiculous.

Incidentally, my wife made me stand in the concourse behind our section the rest of the game to not jinx anything. Y’all just thought it was Kohlhausen.

Yep, I remember the Alamo. The beer lines added injury to insult in that abysmal first half.

I realize that I'm in the minority, but having a beer, either buying it at the stadium or tailgating just isn't a high priority. I get to attend so few games that I want to get to my seats early, watch the teams warm up, grab a water/soft drink/hot dog/popcorn/visit the restroom and get back to my seat as soon as I can.
And, I wish that had stopped in-and-out a long time ago. I don't go to socialize, I go to watch the game.

Eight

I realize that I'm in the minority, but having a beer, either buying it at the stadium or tailgating just isn't a high priority. I get to attend so few games that I want to get to my seats early, watch the teams warm up, grab a water/soft drink/hot dog/popcorn/visit the restroom and get back to my seat as soon as I can.
And, I wish that had stopped in-and-out a long time ago. I don't go to socialize, I go to watch the game.

no offense zebra, but the way i see it there are a few big 12 crews whose work on the field would improve if they drank during the game..........well might not get better, but we might understand why they made the calls that they did on the field.

no offense zebra, but the way i see it there are a few big 12 crews whose work on the field would improve if they drank during the game..........well might not get better, but we might understand why they made the calls that they did on the field.
No offense taken. But most every fan feels the same way about the officials working their game/conference. No crew in any conference is immune.

Eight

If I recall
The entire town seemed to have "rolled up the carpet" for that weekend. Not a good look for San Antonio. Plus it was raining like crazy....

not like san antonio has experience with large groups of people coming into town for special events

Frog-in-law1995

If I recall
The entire town seemed to have "rolled up the carpet" for that weekend. Not a good look for San Antonio. Plus it was raining like crazy....

I knew it was gonna be a strange visit when at check-in the clerk at our hotel, practically in the shadow of the Alamo, pronounced the street name as “Boh-ee” instead of “Boo-ee.”

I asked if it was named after the British pop star.

She said she wasn’t sure.

tcudoc

In and out gone too

Whataburger wins again
whataburger.jpeg

LisaLT

Makes me think of Yankees or Jets games where the guys serving the beers up and down the aisles are yelling - "beer here" with their bronx accents. :)

HToady

I knew it was gonna be a strange visit when at check-in the clerk at our hotel, practically in the shadow of the Alamo, pronounced the street name as “Boh-ee” instead of “Boo-ee.”

I asked if it was named after the British pop star.

She said she wasn’t sure.
I had a similar experience. Was using verbal driving directions, and the female voice said, "Turn right on A lay Mo street"....

Paint It Purple

My dad used to tell me, "there were only two ways to drink alcohol. One way is you can control it.....the other way is, it can control you. Which one are you?"

I suspect the over zealousness for beer means there are a lot of the later....I guess we'll see.
My FIL told me there were only two ways to drink alcohol as well: HOT or COLD

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Over on another thread, the GoFrogs article containing the FAQs on this deal was posted. Among the interesting tidbits was the name of the distributor who will be supplying the beers: Andrews Distributing. They have a mildly interesting portfolio of brews: http://www.andrewsdistributing.com/brewers With some luck, they will indeed provide Rahr beers in Amon G. Carter. Sadly, it doesn't look like any of the other Fort Worth breweries are carried, although there are some good breweries from around Texas that are carried. Lakewood is on the list, but a Temptress might be a wee bit heavy on a September afternoon in the sun...