• The KillerFrogs

The Beer is Near

Eight

Over on another thread, the GoFrogs article containing the FAQs on this deal was posted. Among the interesting tidbits was the name of the distributor who will be supplying the beers: Andrews Distributing. They have a mildly interesting portfolio of brews: http://www.andrewsdistributing.com/brewers With some luck, they will indeed provide Rahr beers in Amon G. Carter. Sadly, it doesn't look like any of the other Fort Worth breweries are carried, although there are some good breweries from around Texas that are carried. Lakewood is on the list, but a Temptress might be a wee bit heavy on a September afternoon in the sun...

st arnold would be a nice choice for the stadium.

one of the very best beers i have had this year was a blended offering from firestone walker. their anniversary brew and it was unbelievable.

then again pbr tall boys might go well with the frats.

Putt4Purple

Tailgating for 15 whole minutes at half time seems like a big effort for little gain. These seem to be the same people who wait until the last minute to enter the game at the start and miss half or more of the first quarter. I don't get why they even bother paying the high price of a ticket if they are going to miss half of the game. I hope the no in and out policy keeps more people at the game the entire time. If you don't think our players and coaches don't notice this, you are crazy.

Not enough likes for this!!

Putt4Purple

I really don’t get the whining. Most schools have no re-entry policies.

The whiners are mainly spoiled!
I'll give my age away. I grew up watching the Cowboys at the Cotton bowl, Texas Stadium, AT&T Stadium, Texas Rangers, Dallas Stars. Traveled to other College campuses and enjoyed their adult beverages. Not one allowed you to exit after you entered!!
What entitlement in life gives you the thinking process to do this. Only one. TCU when we were nothing on the college football world. Welcome to the Big 12 and bigtime college football!!

AroundWorldFrog

Here are some facts to consider:

The average football game last 3 hours and 24 minutes. The average "20 minute halftime" lasts 23-24 minutes. (2017 statistics)

Halftime tailgaters will now get to drink beer inside the stadium for 3 hours in exchange for the 23-24 minutes of parking lot time.

Sounds like a "win" to me.
Beer and math don't mix.

Tom Brown

I knew it was gonna be a strange visit when at check-in the clerk at our hotel, practically in the shadow of the Alamo, pronounced the street name as “Boh-ee” instead of “Boo-ee.”

I asked if it was named after the British pop star.

She said she wasn’t sure.

I had an Uber driver do that to me in SA this year.

Horny4TCU

Maybe the westsiders will actually sit in their seats now, instead of sell them to opposing fans.

Or perhaps gain the courage to stand and cheer and not ask people to sit down standing in front of them...

lowfrog

Last edited:

CountryFrog

Both if you can swing it. I have 2 close parking spots and many season tickets--yes it is a big deal to tailgate for my group (before anyone asks--all my season tickets go to Frogs or business friends and no ticket goes unused or sold for a profit). I can live with the in/out--just ask that they extend the tailgate hours AND do a better job of patrolling the lots as it will be a criminal bonanza if they don't.

I also predict it will be utter chaos once this starts and TCU concessions stands will not be ready. Waiting 20-30 minutes to get food/beer is going to be the norm not the exception.
Doing both is certainly understandable. I just don't understand the people who buy tickets but can't take 3.5 hours out of their day of tailgating to actually watch the game inside the stadium. I do agree that extended tailgate hours before and after is a reasonable concession for TCU to make.

And it will absolutely be chaos at the concession stands. Probably all year long.

CountryFrog

My guess is concessions will be bonkers during the game, which will limit sales (maybe intentionally) as a pilot the first game or two. Maybe some will get in the stadium a couple hours before the game and tailgate / party in the concourse, which would be good.
Hopefully that's exactly what will happen and it will make for a little better pregame and kickoff atmosphere instead of still having half the crowd trickling in through the first 10 minutes of the game.

ftwfrog

Miller Lite, Coors Light, Shiner, Dos Equis, some sort of Rahr, some sort of cider for those gluten free hipsters. Although I’ll confess i just bought a sixer of new cider from the Dicken Brewery. Yes, I’ll admit I do enjoy a good Dicken Cider.