• The KillerFrogs

The Beer is Near

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I'll apologize and take it all back if they don't play "Jungle Boogie" the first game.
Oh I see. So age is the lone criterion by which to select music for creating atmosphere? Because Holst’s Mars is over 100 years old and they play it every game, as do mannnny collegiate marching bands.

Richard.

DeepEllumFrog

Oh I see. So age is the lone criterion by which to select music for creating atmosphere? Because Holst’s Mars is over 100 years old and they play it every game, as do mannnny collegiate marching bands.

Richard.

That's some mighty thin skin your sporting chief. You might want to fine tune your outrage meter and save some of that indignation for something real.

SuperBarrFrog

That's some mighty thin skin your sporting chief. You might want to fine tune your outrage meter and save some of that indignation for something real.

Nah, bro.

giphy.gif

Froginbedford

At great fiery risk, I maintain that there are significant numbers of tailgaters who are just too cool for school and they desire being visible arriving late and leaving early...and the prospect being locked in the stadium cage during the game will keep them outside the stadium, their premier seats inside still vacant....I will agree, however, that there will be more present at kickoff than has usually been the case....With no in-out at halftime, who will remain behind under the awnings protecting the burgers, brisket, beans, cole slaw, corn on the cob, peach cobler, and liquor (from marauding Baylor fans) all of which will be unavailable at the concession stands....

Frog-in-law1995

At great fiery risk, I maintain that there are significant numbers of tailgaters who are just too cool for school and they desire being visible arriving late and leaving early...and the prospect being locked in the stadium cage during the game will keep them outside the stadium, their premier seats inside still vacant....I will agree, however, that there will be more present at kickoff than has usually been the case....With no in-out at halftime, who will remain behind under the awnings protecting the burgers, brisket, beans, cole slaw, corn on the cob, peach cobler, and liquor (from marauding Baylor fans) all of which will be unavailable at the concession stands....

There’s also apparently some lady who just wants to walk her dogs at halftime. Saw it on twitter. $100 says they’re pomeranians or some other type of fluffy, yip-yap lap dog whose name I can’t spell and don’t care to look up.

jake102

There’s also apparently some lady who just wants to walk her dogs at halftime. Saw it on twitter. $100 says they’re pomeranians or some other type of fluffy, yip-yap lap dog whose name I can’t spell and don’t care to look up.

You can't walk your dogs at halftime and miss any less than 20 minutes.

Bottom line - GP wants people in their seats, the attraction is a football game. Selling beer is the concession for removing in/out.

LoudFrog

Do we think more people will attend or more people just won't come at all and leave at half? I have no problem with the tailgate crew. It is what they want to do and how they spend their money. We will always have a tough time filling a 50k stadium. Our student and alumni base is what it is. Awesome but small. We don't have people that would fill the seats of the tailgaters so we should be appreciative of the time they are in the stadium. More nights games better crowd. More competitive non conference schedule better crowd. Great product on field better crowd.

I also agree that it is a bad look for the kids coaches coming out of the tunnel and seeing an empty stadium in the second half. Not sure what the best solution is. No reentry may really work against us. Im sure those making the decisions looked at other schools that made the change and said it is the right thing to do. We shall see. Regardless, we have 24 days until the tailgating and football begin!

jake102

Do we think more people will attend or more people just won't come at all and leave at half? No reentry may really work against us.

Definitely the chance you take. You may have an empty stadium at start of 3rd quarter that never returns. But I don't think that happens.... I also don't think it's the worst thing if a portion of season tickets don't get renewed. Re-shuffling the deck a little is probably in order

HToady

Want to keep people leaving at halftime? Do like OU does....making parking so freaking far away, if you leave you can't get back in the same day.
Put the new hotel in Lot 3 and make game day parking on McCart......