• The KillerFrogs

The Battalion: Time for a Change

PurplePutt

Several things separates Gary Patterson from most others.

#1. He is loyal. TCU has really tried to give him whatever it was that he needed to grow this program to what it has become.

#2. He really believes that TCU can play for a NC. He is on a mission from God to make that happen one day. What greater coaching accomplishment would their be than taking a small private non-aq school to a NC. Certainly more impressive than having everything served to you on a silver plater (Mack Brown).

#3. This is his baby. Nobody is going to call for his head here if the program has a bad year. The pressure he is under comes more from his expectations and drive that from us or the media or the school. There will be a statue of him outside that new stadium someday!

#4. He and Kelsey are entrenched in Fort Worth.

Never say never but that is my take. Remember what he said at the town hall. Something like: "you didn't have to build this stadium to get me to stay."

Why in Hell would he ever want to go to A&M. TCU is a better place than A&M and that becomes more true every year. Take a look at their recruiting class this year. Only a couple of them even got TCU offers (and I bet they are having second thoughts now).

FROGDADDY

#1. He is loyal. TCU has really tried to give him whatever it was that he needed to grow this program to what it has become.

#2. He really believes that TCU can play for a NC. He is on a mission from God to make that happen one day. What greater coaching accomplishment would their be than taking a small private non-aq school to a NC. Certainly more impressive than having everything served to you on a silver plater (Mack Brown).

#3. This is his baby. Nobody is going to call for his head here if the program has a bad year. The pressure he is under comes more from his expectations and drive that from us or the media or the school. There will be a statue of him outside that new stadium someday!

Never say never but that is my take. Remember what he said at the town hall. Something like: "you didn't have to build this stadium to get me to stay."

Why in Hell would he ever want to go to A&M. TCU is a better place than A&M and that becomes more true every year. Take a look at their recruiting class this year. Only a couple of them even got TCU offers (and I bet they are having second thoughts now).

Agree with all of this. Especially #2 and #3. Not sure if some of you realize just how happy most of our coaches are with where they live and work.

Gunner

Patterson, Bumpass, and Williamson have all said, "no more moving". Besides, who seriously thinks GP would walk away with the talent he has and start over at "coaches death valley"....

Think about it. Every coach in the last 50 years, who has left A&M, has been fired. I think that is right. Goes back to Folberg, Stallings, Slocum, Fran, and now Sherman. I guess Bear Bryant left without being fired, but he left because he didn't like the way Darrell Royal was whippin' his butt. And that was when he had John David Crow.

Houston Frog

Yep

Big Frog II

Has A&M ever been good without cheating in the modern era? To me they will always be second fiddle to Texas and now OU. (Does that make them third fiddle?)If they ever wanted to get rid of that stigma, they should have gone to the SEC if they did in fact have an offer.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I believe that the next time the A&M alums get a say, there'll be some changes made. There's a great lot of them steaming over the SEC offer turn-down. They don't holler SEC-ede fur nuthin..

sous vide

#3. This is his baby. Nobody is going to call for his head here if the program has a bad year. The pressure he is under comes more from his expectations and drive that from us or the media or the school. There will be a statue of him outside that new stadium someday! ...

Wait till there's suddenly a 4-8 year and see before you make such a prediction! Hell, there's people very nearly calling for coordinator firings now as we speak.

micahjh

Im sure Kelsey would luuuuve College Station hah! Instead of shopping at Nordstroms, she could could go shopping at .... Bealls! Instead of going out to eat at Del Friscos, they could go dine at... Freebirds! I almost hope they do offer Coach P so that he has to get her take on that!

How is aggie even gonna afford hiring the Best Coach in the nation, when they cant even afford to fire the most overpaid one?!? I only comment on this nonsense, because it humors me.

Houston Frog

Im sure Kelsey would luuuuve College Station hah! Instead of shopping at Nordstroms, she could could go shopping at .... Bealls! Instead of going out to eat at Del Friscos, they could go dine at... Freebirds!

Yeah, but she can get queso on her burrito at Freebirds... I don't believe they offer that at Del Friscos

NubomTurk

Tier 1
Well, as long as we're going to get moved to the Gary Patterson speculation forum, I have two words that will strike fear into the heart of any true Horned Frog fan.

Wade.

Phillips.

AggieFrog

Has A&M ever been good without cheating in the modern era? To me they will always be second fiddle to Texas and now OU. (Does that make them third fiddle?)If they ever wanted to get rid of that stigma, they should have gone to the SEC if they did in fact have an offer.
FWIW, we know that OU cheats and Texas doesn't exactly have clean hands either. No program in Div I is really clean.