The Battalion: Time for a Change

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
http://www.thebatt.c...hange-1.1712383

Time for a change?

Mike Sherman doesn't have 'it'
By David Harris

Published: Sunday, October 17, 2010

So, that looked oddly familiar. That performance Saturday - a 30-9 humiliation in front of more than 83,000 Aggie fans - can simply be explained with one, single word: pathetic.

"We just came home," Head Coach Mike Sherman said, "and laid an egg."

With the way the season was shaping up, the Missouri game was the make-or-break game of 2010. And in one of the most uninspired, lackadaisical efforts put forth on the hallowed ground of Kyle Field in quite some time, Sherman's squad again showed just how far this program - under his tutelage - has fallen.

How far?

Get ready for it, Aggies. This program is a perennial doormat of the Big 12. This program is irrelevant. And under Sherman, this program has gone absolutely nowhere.

Don't throw out excuses. Do not talk about progress. Do not argue that Sherman is a good guy or that he "gets" A&M.

Because the only thing A&M "gets" is winning and right now, the man in charge has shown he is incapable of doing so.

In over two years, Sherman is 13-18 - the worst start to a coaching career since A&M began allowing women into the University. Sherman is now 3-15 against teams with winning records.

sous vide

Reading along a bit further is a good example of how the best humor is unintentional humor:

"A&M has some of the greatest, most loyal fans in the country. Its gameday atmosphere is second to none. The traditions speak for themselves."

aggies-squeeze.jpg

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Don't worry, aggy. this is the last year on Fran's contract. You're off the hook with him after this!

Next year, what with your debt service and all, you can afford Todd Dodge!

Reading along a bit further is a good example of how the best humor is unintentional humor:

"A&M has some of the greatest, most loyal fans in the country. Its gameday atmosphere is second to none. The traditions speak for themselves."

The "hallowed ground of Kyle Field" part made me vomit in my mouth a little bit ...

Frog DJ

I talked to a long-term, big-time Aggie alum at church yesterday who said the major sticking point is the seven-year guaranteed contract, into which Sherman is only three years deep.

Four years is a long time and a lot of money to pay for a coach who isn't coaching, and even revenue-rich A&M is balking at such a proposition.

However, if they do fire him - will Franchione's bad taste in their mouths keep the Ags from trying to hire Patterson? Would he entertain such overtures?

I sure hope not!

Go Frogs!

Nick Danger

Part of ol' Sherm's problem during the games is that he appears to be reading his plays off one of those laminated Denny's menus! :blink:

Mike Brooks

Back in Black, don't worry about GP to aggie. He is still friends with Fran who said there is no grass there let alone green.

Plus, those dumbasses gave Sherman a 7 year contract. He still has 4 left after this year. They can't afford a buyout.

froginaustin

BIB is right. We need AtM to win. That's all I'm going to say..
I'd be more worried about Minnesota coming around offering game-changing money with their B10 revenue stream and all. If I was worried.

After all, GP is apparently on Minnie's horizon, and I strongly suspect that A&M is too prideful to stoop to trying to hire away TCU's coach.

Frogenstein

I'd be more worried about Minnesota coming around offering game-changing money with their B10 revenue stream and all. If I was worried.

After all, GP is apparently on Minnie's horizon, and I strongly suspect that A&M is too prideful to stoop to trying to hire away TCU's coach.

I am not saying the Aggies will hire Gary, or that he would take the job, but the Aggies pride is out the window and won't stop them from trying to hire a TCU coach.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog

He's already turned that one down.