• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Kansas State Big Xii tourney thread

WhatTheFrog

I agree with the last sentence. You don’t pay a coach what we are paying him to not finish among the Top 68. Making deep runs in the tournament is such a crapshoot though, and very few teams actually do it on anywhere close to a regular basis.
We lose almost half of our scholarship roster and you STILL expect greatness? Are you crazy? That was a rhetorical question...

AroundWorldFrog

It is. He beat out some of the idiotic things I said about Baker Mayfield back when I thought Mayfield wasn't all that good.
But there is always this....
tenor.gif

Froggish

Do we all really care if we finish 3 or 8 in conference every year as long as JD is getting us into the big tourney? I don’t, and I suspect most here don’t either..

For most coaches not at the traditional powers, the big tourney is really the standard for which a coach is judged. I’m sure that’s why most here don’t feel it’s necessary to discuss whether JD is getting the most out of his team or not.

AroundWorldFrog

Do we all really care if we finish 3 or 8 in conference every year as long as JD is getting us into the big tourney? I don’t, and I suspect most here don’t either..

For most coaches not at the traditional powers, the big tourney is really the standard for which a coach is judged. I’m sure that’s why most here don’t feel it’s necessary to discuss whether JD is getting the most out of his team or not.
Finishing third is a pretty good indication we are a better team than if we finished eight.

SuperTFrog

If we make the tourney 10 straight years after not making it for 20 consecutive years, I would say he is worth that salary.