• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs. Cal State Bakersfield game one

TCUExaminer

Contributor
Purke's afternoon is finished:

77 pitches, 5 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 SO

He will not lose today so that means he'll finish an unblemished freshman season. Way to go Matt!

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
QUOTE(ricksterh @ May 20 2010, 02:38 PM) [snapback]562166[/snapback]
13-1 :biggrin: Don't they have a ten run mercy rule/ I guess sometimes it applies and sometimes it doesn't? :biggrin:

CUSA has something like it. Rice had a game called against USM.

Spike

QUOTE(ricksterh @ May 20 2010, 06:38 PM) [snapback]562166[/snapback]
13-1 :biggrin: Don't they have a ten run mercy rule/ I guess sometimes it applies and sometimes it doesn't? :biggrin:

Rick, I think it has to be agreed by the coaches for OOC games. CUSA had a run rule 10 after 7 on the last day of the series, more of a travel rule than anything. I don't think the MWC has a rule. We've had 2 run rule shortened games this year, at home v. SHSU and on the road v. Baylor.

leofrog

QUOTE(TCUExaminer @ May 20 2010, 12:27 PM) [snapback]562122[/snapback]
Farr in at catcher now in place of Holaday and Zac Jordan has taken over in Left for Coats.

I am usually one to get on to people for not spelling our own player's names right, but I will cut you some slack this time. It's Pharr, but impressed that you spelled Zac correctly without the K.

TCUExaminer

Contributor
QUOTE(leofrog @ May 20 2010, 01:44 PM) [snapback]562176[/snapback]
I am usually one to get on to people for not spelling our own player's names right, but I will cut you some slack this time. It's Pharr, but impressed that you spelled Zac correctly without the K.

Thanks for the mercy. I'm working while I do this.

leofrog

QUOTE(froglicious @ May 20 2010, 01:43 PM) [snapback]562174[/snapback]
Did I just hear Holle hit 95 on the gun! Dang he could be a weapon.

He shoots more blanks than bullets.