• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs. Cal State Bakersfield game one

leofrog

QUOTE(TCUExaminer @ May 20 2010, 12:48 PM) [snapback]562138[/snapback]
Purke's afternoon is finished:

77 pitches, 5 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 SO

He will not lose today so that means he'll finish an unblemished freshman season. Way to go Matt!

There are still several more weeks left in the season, and those games count in the record book.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(TCUExaminer @ May 20 2010, 12:48 PM) [snapback]562138[/snapback]
Purke's afternoon is finished:

77 pitches, 5 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 SO

He will not lose today so that means he'll finish an unblemished freshman season. Way to go Matt!

Like Spike said, limited count. Schloss wanted him to not throw as much as he did in the Air Force suspended game completion. There is come concern and they don't want to fatigue his arm, wanting to be sure he is strong down the stretch. He has thrown far more innings than he ever did in HS.

TCUExaminer

Contributor
QUOTE(leofrog @ May 20 2010, 01:46 PM) [snapback]562182[/snapback]
There are still several more weeks left in the season, and those games count in the record book.

My apologies -- regular season. You guys are ruthless.

D

Daniel Plainview

Geez, I can't believe the umpires almost blew that game, good thing TCU was able to pull out a victory

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(leofrog @ May 20 2010, 12:45 PM) [snapback]562179[/snapback]
<br />He shoots more blanks than bullets.<br />

Must not move because a couple balls were spanked including the last one. Too bad.

TCUExaminer

Contributor
QUOTE(leofrog @ May 20 2010, 01:46 PM) [snapback]562182[/snapback]

In fact, I'll just make sure I run all my posts through you from now on.

ricksterh

QUOTE(Spike @ May 20 2010, 06:42 PM) [snapback]562170[/snapback]
Rick, I think it has to be agreed by the coaches for OOC games. CUSA had a run rule 10 after 7 on the last day of the series, more of a travel rule than anything. I don't think the MWC has a rule. We've had 2 run rule shortened games this year, at home v. SHSU and on the road v. Baylor.

Thanks Spike! :biggrin: Pretty easy win today for the Frogs. I don't think we saw CSB's best effort today. Lots of errors. I think maybe a combination of travel and then this game started at 11 which is 9 out in Ca. Purke 11-0 congratson a great regular season. I hope to see you all in Omaha! :biggrin:

leofrog

QUOTE(TopFrog @ May 20 2010, 01:51 PM) [snapback]562184[/snapback]
Like Spike said, limited count. Schloss wanted him to not throw as much as he did in the Air Force suspended game completion. There is come concern and they don't want to fatigue his arm, wanting to be sure he is strong down the stretch. He has thrown far more innings than he ever did in HS.

I think if the game was a 1 or 2 run game, he would have been out there longer. With any blow out, the coach is going to get the pitcher out.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(TCUExaminer @ May 20 2010, 01:58 PM) [snapback]562193[/snapback]
In fact, I'll just make sure I run all my posts through you from now on.

You just omitted the caveat of a perfect regular season ... which is pretty darn good, especially for a freshman.

TCUExaminer

Contributor
QUOTE(TopFrog @ May 20 2010, 02:05 PM) [snapback]562203[/snapback]
You just omitted the caveat of a perfect regular season ... which is pretty darn good, especially for a freshman.

I'm glad someone saw the point I was trying to make.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(leofrog @ May 20 2010, 02:05 PM) [snapback]562201[/snapback]
I think if the game was a 1 or 2 run game, he would have been out there longer. With any blow out, the coach is going to get the pitcher out.

Might have changed his thinking, we don't know that. Maybe, maybe not. Fact is that Schloss wanted to limit his outing last week, it didn't quite work out that way, so he was able to limit it this week. Doesn't change what Schloss is wanting to do with him as they move toward the post-season.

leofrog

QUOTE(TopFrog @ May 20 2010, 02:07 PM) [snapback]562207[/snapback]
Might have changed his thinking, we don't know that. Maybe, maybe not. Fact is that Schloss wanted to limit his outing last week, it didn't quite work out that way, so he was able to limit it this week. Doesn't change what Schloss is wanting to do with him as they move toward the post-season.

I hope the offense does this the next 2 days for Winkler and Maxwell.

masterfrog

The real question from this game is whether or not any of the season ticket holders demanded to sit in their regular seats and what the outcome was.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(leofrog @ May 20 2010, 02:29 PM) [snapback]562217[/snapback]
I hope the offense does this the next 2 days for Winkler and Maxwell.

Yep, being able to give them some good work without overworking them like MP today would be great IMO.

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(masterfrog @ May 20 2010, 01:46 PM) [snapback]562226[/snapback]
<br />The real question from this game is whether or not any of the season ticket holders demanded to sit in their regular seats and what the outcome was.<br />

Shame on any that would object. One game. I think grass root initiatives like this are great. Kids don't forget kickace times and the benefits are in the future. I would have sat on the grass and loved it.

SigFrog

I'm not sure exactly on the facts but something like the last 3 freshmen pitchers who were drafted in the first round before Purke never won more than 6 games. I need to be checked but I know thats close.

iancurtis

QUOTE(masterfrog @ May 20 2010, 07:46 PM) [snapback]562226[/snapback]
The real question from this game is whether or not any of the season ticket holders demanded to sit in their regular seats and what the outcome was.

I was there and I moved over without incident when they brought in an extra group of kids to section Q. Guess I'm growing up. :biggrin:

leofrog

QUOTE(SigFrog @ May 20 2010, 04:30 PM) [snapback]562298[/snapback]
I'm not sure exactly on the facts but something like the last 3 freshmen pitchers who were drafted in the first round before Purke never won more than 6 games. I need to be checked but I know thats close.

I remember Coach Mazey saying at a Diamond Club meeting before the season that the last 2 1st Round draft picks as pitchers from HS that went to college both went 4-8 their 1st season. I never verified his stat, but it doesn't sound out of whack.