• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs. Cal State Bakersfield game one

TCUExaminer

Contributor
T-minus about fifteen minutes. Purke's trying to go 11-0 and finish out a perfect regular season as a freshman.

I think the Frogs need to jump out early and get him a nice lead so he can cruise the rest of the way today.

My gut says TCU 8, Bakersfield 2

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
dang ... about to head to the gym and then lunch ... someone keep a good thread so I can catch up when I get back ...

leofrog

QUOTE(TCUExaminer @ May 20 2010, 10:49 AM) [snapback]562022[/snapback]
T-minus about fifteen minutes. Purke's trying to go 11-0 and finish out a perfect regular season as a freshman.

I think the Frogs need to jump out early and get him a nice lead so he can cruise the rest of the way today.

My gut says TCU 8, Bakersfield 2

It may happen, but Bakersfield is tougher than you think. They remind me a little of Utah last year the way they were playing at the end of the season. They have been tough lately, and are balanced for only being a 2nd year team.

TCUExaminer

Contributor
QUOTE(leofrog @ May 20 2010, 10:54 AM) [snapback]562029[/snapback]
It may happen, but Bakersfield is tougher than you think. They remind me a little of Utah last year the way they were playing at the end of the season. They have been tough lately, and are balanced for only being a 2nd year team.

I have no doubt in their ability. Like I said, it's just a gut feeling . . . which could be just a craving for lunch. We'll find out shortly.

leofrog

QUOTE(Spike @ May 20 2010, 10:56 AM) [snapback]562030[/snapback]
I would suspect he's on a pretty limited pitch count.

Why do you say that? I would think he would be on the same pitch count as normal, depending on how he feels.

Houston Frog

There was a fire in my office building this morning and all power lost. I'm "working" from home.

Perfect time for a TCU day game

2 K's for Purke through 2 batters so far

Spike

QUOTE(leofrog @ May 20 2010, 04:04 PM) [snapback]562039[/snapback]
Why do you say that? I would think he would be on the same pitch count as normal, depending on how he feels.

Because it's a relatively meaningless game, we should win, and there has already been much discussion about how much Purke has already thrown this year compared to his high school career.

leofrog

QUOTE(Spike @ May 20 2010, 11:06 AM) [snapback]562044[/snapback]
Because it's a relatively meaningless game, we should win, and there has already been much discussion about how much Purke has already thrown this year compared to his high school career.

Meaningless game? Don't tell Schloss that!

I would think he would be close to the same pitch count as normal, unless we just jump out to a huge lead, or he gets rocked.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(Spike @ May 20 2010, 11:06 AM) [snapback]562044[/snapback]

This game is far from meaningless IMO, we need a sweep or our RPI could take a hit

Also, these guys just won two series in a row against tournament teams, they're not pushovers

TCUExaminer

Contributor
QUOTE(TCUExaminer @ May 20 2010, 11:19 AM) [snapback]562052[/snapback]
Runners at the corners with two out for TCU after a Rivera HBP and a walk to Curry.

Scoreless after one.