• The KillerFrogs

TCU v. Lipscomb - Game Thread

Froggy Style

56% from the line game after game is unacceptable. It’s baffling to me that we continue to shoot so incredibly poorly on free throws.

Bane had a bad game. Fisher was a non-entity. Noi needs to get his shot back. Mayen needs more minutes.

This is all fixable.
We said after shooting 60% free throws the past two years. You have to hit 75% to be a real tourney team. Otherwise, you're always fixable.

netty2424

Something offensively that we do a lot and I don’t understand it.

We run the hi pick and roll, that’s our primary offense. But every time our bigs come up to set an actual pick, they’re flaking off without even making contact or setting a pick. It doesn’t make sense. I can’t imagine that’s what CJD is coaching.

CountryFrog

Seriously guys, it's the 4th game of the year and we still have 40% of our starting lineup working their way back from injury and not contributing anything right now. Maybe we'll be really good and maybe we won't by the end of the year, but it is WAY too early to declare this team as not good for the entire season.

I will say that I don't like the defensive play so far this year after awful defense plagued the team all last season. I think the offense will be good to very good depending on health. Defense needs to improve and the bigs can't be total no shows.

froggolf65

We miss Vlad so much and really have nothing at the 5. We will beat up on the teams out of conference because they are bigger but against tournament teams like Tonight and in conference we are going to struggle. The pick and roll game worked great with Vlad because he was such a great inside out threat. Now you can cheat off Samuel or Alok because they aren’t much on offense.

Dogfrog

Just home from game. That was a very good well coached team we played. Great overplay hustling defense. Bane looked bad because #24 shut him down all night while scoring 23 himself. One of the best performances I’ve seen in a while.

BigPurple87

We miss Vlad so much and really have nothing at the 5. We will beat up on the teams out of conference because they are bigger but against tournament teams like Tonight and in conference we are going to struggle. The pick and roll game worked great with Vlad because he was such a great inside out threat. Now you can cheat off Samuel or Alok because they aren’t much on offense.

Like tonight?

LeagueCityFrog

After watching this game, anyone out there think TCU basketball is a little over rated this year. The team I watched tonight didn't seem as good as a team with Vlad making smooth moves by the rim or Kenny Hustle making plays.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
This was simply a bad game. I don't see this as a sign we have a bad team, or that we are being too optimistic. Maybe it was optimistic if we were thinking hit the ground running the whole of nonconference.

I don't know what was wrong with Bane, but him present yet missing hurt our chances badly. We couldn't keep either big out of foul trouble and that seemed to affect their play and aggression when they did get back in the game. Annoying more than anything, foul calls weren't the reason we lost, but if you say that ref crew was quality you need glasses. Unnecessary BS fouls called at times which stopped game flow, then no calls when clearly one of the two teams was guilty of either a block or charge. Crap circumstances, hesitant play and bad execution that, when combined with a good opponent, spell loss.

Don't play chicken little, guys. I'm happy to be the adjusting team losing to these guys early in the year, than the 2-5 seed losing to them in March. They're pretty salty.

CountryFrog

I feel like before the season pretty much everyone was on board with the fact that this team was going to struggle a little early in the season due to the injuries and working in several new players. This is what that struggling looks like, particularly against a solid team who has 5 seniors that have played a ton of basketball together.

They were the better team tonight, but I think in a couple months there is a pretty good chance that we will be far better IF we can get and stay relatively healthy and get just a little bit better with our bigs.

MTfrog5

I’m more concerned with the fact that Bane was shut down tonight and our offense couldn’t do anything to get him any type of looks. He is going to be guarded by a lot better athletes than tonight so it’s a little concerning that we can’t get our should be best scorer the ball.

Last edited: