• The KillerFrogs

TCU v. Lipscomb - Game Thread

Eight

Here it is:

"davis is a guy with the cliche' "high basketball iq". the kid sees the game and understands what is happening and what needs to be done."

Davis was quoted post game how he scored so many points so fast and he said the points were on the floor, meaning don't shoot it, drive to the basket.
He's going to be a good one. Hard to get minutes with Alex and Fisher but he is fearless.

i have a friend whose son played basketball for a high school and aau team in the houston area.

after davis committed to tcu i made a point to go watch a few games when friend's son faced either sam houston or aau team.

davis could control a high school game and never take a shot. old school term is floor general and davis was that and more pushing a team with no real height and weren't overly talented

Moose Stuff

Here it is:

"davis is a guy with the cliche' "high basketball iq". the kid sees the game and understands what is happening and what needs to be done."

Davis was quoted post game how he scored so many points so fast and he said the points were on the floor, meaning don't shoot it, drive to the basket.
He's going to be a good one. Hard to get minutes with Alex and Fisher but he is fearless.

Yeah, he’s gonna be really good.

4th. down

Yeah, he’s gonna be really good.

Davis has a high ceiling and might eventually be in the first 7 on the court. If Jamie continues to run a 2 point guard offense, he will see some minutes while Nembhard, Alok, etc. lose minutes.

I see the first 7 as: Alex, Fisher, Bane, Samuels, Noi, Miller, and Davis with Lat getting a few minutes each game. This is a good group to go with and will get better as the season progresses. I believe that Lat is a sleeper and will see considerably more minutes as the team develops.

flyfishingfrog

I’m not sure we’ve been overrated for the better part of two decades.
Exactly

Wonder when we were overrated before?

I would say winnig the NIT was over achieving and making the tournament last year was definitely above average expectations unless someone started watching TCU basketball about 24 months ago...

TCUdirtbag

Quintessential game thread here - went back to read it this morning.

Not a hint of play by play or even score; just the very occasional reference to "up by 1" or "down by 2". And lots of bitching and cliff jumping.

Nailed it!

Why do people expect play by play in 2018? The game is on tv, radio, and any number of website and app live game trackers. And if you’re not watching in real time there are any number of resources for full play by play, stats, summaries, replay and more.

TCUdirtbag

Exactly

Wonder when we were overrated before?

I would say winnig the NIT was over achieving and making the tournament last year was definitely above average expectations unless someone started watching TCU basketball about 24 months ago...

Making the tournament last year was meeting expectations going into the season.

flyfishingfrog

Why do people expect play by play in 2018? The game is on tv, radio, and any number of website and app live game trackers. And if you’re not watching in real time there are any number of resources for full play by play, stats, summaries, replay and more.
Because you spoiled everyone during baseball season...all your fault

froginmn

I guess I figured that the point of a game thread would be to provide some insight into what's happening in the game. I hoped by looking through the thread I could get an idea of what happened in the game - did the frogs have a lead and then shooting went cold, were we in foul trouble, did anyone get injured and go out.

Instead the game threads are basically a virtual bar, where you can sit by yourself and make comments like "this sucks". Doesn't appeal to me, but now I know to avoid them like the plague.