• The KillerFrogs

TCU to the Big East

TCUdirtbag

I would guess announcement is tomorrow.

This would be the only logical reason for the MWC announcing Hawaii at 7 PM (Hawaii) / Midnight Eastern on a Thursday. All I can figure out is that they're trying to get ahead of the announcement to reassure the incoming members that the MWC is around to stay and to complete the WAC destruction to keep Boise/Nevada/Fresno from trying to jump back.

TCUFan09

This would be the only logical reason for the MWC announcing Hawaii at 7 PM (Hawaii) / Midnight Eastern on a Thursday. All I can figure out is that they're trying to get ahead of the announcement to reassure the incoming members that the MWC is around to stay and to complete the WAC destruction to keep Boise/Nevada/Fresno from trying to jump back.

Agreed. It's another preemptive strike by Thompson.

On another note... saw Commissioner Thompson at Whataburger at 1:30am after the TCU v. SDSU game. I think he was shocked I recognized him. Ha!

BelushiBob

I would like to give the first peace out to Boise. Boise has caused me a lot of stress over the last two years and now we leave the Broncos and their fat girl drumline in the MWC lite. So long suckers!!!!

mrnicefrog

I would like to give the first peace out to Boise. Boise has caused me a lot of stress over the last two years and now we leave the Broncos and their fat girl drumline in the MWC lite. So long suckers!!!!

Lets wait on the official announcement before we start dogging our conference huh?

Frog89

One thought I've seen posted on another Big East board was that BE may have decided on TCU and wants to get the PR out to help us with voters as we come down to end of season with BSU at our heels. East Coast, ESPN, etc.. The way the voters make their decisions, who knows..

mrnicefrog

One thought I've seen posted on another Big East board was that BE may have decided on TCU and wants to get the PR out to help us with voters as we come down to end of season with BSU at our heels. East Coast, ESPN, etc.. The way the voters make their decisions, who knows..

Can we have their BCS bowl this year?

monty

Sucks for us in Aztec and MWC land - but makes total sense with the Hawaii announcement. I'd wish good luck, but we know you won't need it - you'll just be dominating another conference in football soon.

WVUFan

No Very unlikely lol

BE will announce when it can get the most media converage

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Wes, I know you're well connected: could the Board have given authorization to the Chancellor and/or AD to act at last weekend's meeting? Since we're a private university, I would assume our Board can (and based on their record would be willing to) give admin a lot more discretion than the public universities.

I guess anything is possible but there has always been a more formal approach than what you mentioned. I would assume that they do not need to meet face to face as teleconferencing is a possibility.

Don't misunderstand me, if its a good deal and in the best interests of TCU to move to the BE, then I think we would do it. However there has not been a formal invitation from the BE, as of yet.

BelushiBob

Think here. There is now another AQ conference other than the B12 in TEXAS for the first time ever........... And TCU can now recruit without the baggage and other BE teams can recruit texas as well. New teams and new media markets. We arent in a small market like Austin. We are in the 4th largest national market now with AQ status...

I'm just going to apologize in advance for all the WV hillbilly remarks I will make in the forthcoming years. MY grandmother is from Delbarton and the one and only time I went there has scarred me for life. It was like Children of the Corn meets Deliverance.

I too have a deep seeded hate and disdain for west Virginia... At least I already loathe something about the new conference and schools in it.

:laugh: :laugh:

mrnicefrog

I do think they have the same haircut... Asked him what bowl we will end up in and he said either the Rose or Orange Bowl.

I wonder if now they will try to match us up with the Big East winner?
Hype it up and all as a rivaly in the making. Could TCU have won the Big East this year? ect. ect.