• The KillerFrogs

TCU Hoops vs KU thread

jake102

Perhaps instead of saying if only Fisher was available we should figure out a backup plan and take any minutes he gives us as good fortune.

The odds of him playing more than half the games this year or next is pretty slim.

Pharm Frog

Perhaps instead of saying if only Fisher was available we should figure out a backup plan and take any minutes he gives us as good fortune.

The odds of him playing more than half the games this year or next is pretty slim.

I agree with you. Should consider any minutes he is able to give as just a bonus.

ThisIsOurTime

KU has smarter players who are playing better fundamental basketball in their system. We are not. They finish their drives and we aren’t. Fisher would have helped keep them honest defensively although they would have probably over-played him at the 3-line and forced mid-range jumpers or drives against help defenders.

If we get better play from Bane and Robinson, it will help a lot. A lot of their finishes are coming off turnovers by our guards. I feel like we are outplaying their bigs at times.

Baja Frog

RJ has showed me next to nothing since he has been on the team. I am hoping he can relax and show some of that athletic ability people say he has and some good shooting they say he has.
Mind boggling he is getting more minutes than Noi. Criminal. I don't care if they're playing different positions

Pharm Frog

I would just love to know why Archie felt like he would never see minutes. Really frustrating

Who said he felt like he would never see minutes? I read mostly about that he had not received the minutes he thought he deserved. Doubt there was much if any future-thinking.

4th. down

KU has smarter players who are playing better fundamental basketball in their system. We are not. They finish their drives and we aren’t. Fisher would have helped keep them honest defensively although they would have probably over-played him at the 3-line and forced mid-range jumpers or drives against help defenders.

Overall, better talent and playing at Allen. Alex having terrible game as the Kansas guards are picking him up before the half court and it's bothering him. We miss Fisher but Kansas is playing us so tight, not many 3 pt. looks to be had and certainly not enough time to set your feet before the shot. I would keep playing Samuel until he fouls out - only chance we got.

netty2424

Would love to have Fisher in this game. It is very frustrating because he is a huge difference maker but I think he might have missed more games then he played and that is a huge issue.

It would also be nice if the 6’10 dude that everyone kept saying was so skilled didn’t transfer. We need another big guy with the JUCO guy out.

We are better than they are.
Yah, we are not better than this KU team. Fish is a spot up shooter just like Noi. Fish hasn’t shown much this year in regards to being able to create a shot off the dribble(protecting his knee it seems) and KU is too long and too disciplined to leave Fish open all night to spot up and kill them.

KU is over playing the offense, denying passing lanes, and TCU doesn’t have an answer. Robinson sloppy at the point, credit to KU defense.

Samuel was playing well inside until they started doubling down on him. He gets sloppy at that point because he’s not recognizing it and dumping it off or kicking it out.

And Dixon is getting out coached.

tetonfrog

Difference is KU is finishing at the rim and TCU is not. Frogs missed 6 shots within 2 feet of the hoop - Jayhawks didn’t.

Long way to go. Need someone to hit a contested shot & stop giving them easy dunks!

ATC Frog

Difference is KU is finishing at the rim and TCU is not. Frogs missed 6 shots within 2 feet of the hoop - Jayhawks didn’t.

Long way to go. Need someone to hit a contested shot & stop giving them easy dunks!

That, and all the damn turnovers that resulted in easy KU buckets