1. The KillerFrogs

TCU Hoops vs KU thread

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by satis1103, Jan 9, 2019.

1. So it evened out...no worries

2. Hard to win on the road in the Big 12. I like our chances to beat them here in For Worth.

3. It shouldn't have had to be evened out. TCU might have got an easy basket off the turnover. Oh who am I kidding that wouldn't have happened.

Francis Xav and Pharm Frog like this.
  4. Will we score 40 against Tech?

Baja Frog likes this.
  5. Well, it wasn't ignored but it certainly wasn't a two-way street.

6. I hate to say it but Kevin seemed to lag a bit late when the ball stopped coming his way

7. He seemed to either be tired or something else as he wasn’t transitioning from high screen to block nearly as quickly as early in the game

8. I hate to say it but JD Miller seemed to lag all night.

Pharm Frog likes this.
  9. Lots of team get blown out in Ames. Tough to win there. Even harder to win in the Phog. Gonna be a fun year in the Big 12.

Frogs will make some noise before it's all over. Need our 3 frosh to play big. Also, need to find another contributor. Played only 7 guys tonight and those guys will get worn down in this league.

Go Frogs!

10. Clean up those 20 turnovers and TCU beats KU tonight. We will see how this team responds over the next 4 weeks. KU comes to Fort Worth on February 11th.

Francis Xav and Big Frog II like this.
  11. Indeed. Bad night for JD

12. It will be interesting to see how frogs respond Sat at OU.

13. Samuels didn’t foul out. That’s a positive IMO. I expected him to be done with 8m left.

14. Easier place to play because nobody gives a damn in Norman.

15. I’ll be there, so hopefully they don’t suck.

Portland Frog likes this.
  16. Not entirely true, but more true without Young

17. I stand corrected. One person in Norman gives a damn. Goes by ATC Frog

18. Yeah, but only for the good guys.

19. Not sure why we pressured so had on the 3 point line when they struggle shooting so badly. We should have made them beat us from the outside.

20. It was a very sloppy game by the Frogs guards. Several missed shots close to the rim and far too many turnovers. Lots of turnovers in the backcourt or around halfcourt that you just can't have. Some credit had to go to KU. They're long and athletic.

I didn't think we'd be able to win in Lawrence without Fisher. Regardless of how much he scores, you have to account for him defensively as soon as he crosses halfcourt and that opens up space and makes things easier for everyone. He also gives us another guy to pressure the ball defensively. We won't be able to make a deep run without him imo.

I know this board goes way over the top on game threads but it just never ceases to amaze me how little perspective so many of you have. There were some people talking like we were struggling against Tarleton, not Kansas in Lawrence. I know they just lost a game last week and they're not as good as they were last year but they don't suck either.

Lastly, the officiating was abysmal, particularly at the end, but the turnovers by TCU and lack of competent defense on Lawson were more abysmal throughout.

ATC Frog, Francis Xav and SuperTFrog like this.